🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Troll 2 is defined by IMDb as, "A family vacationing in a small town discovers the entire town is inhabited by goblins in disguise as humans, who plan to eat them." This is the worst movie I have ever seen, and I absolutely loved it.

A preview of the worst aspects of this phenomenon:

There is no Troll 1.

There are no trolls in the movie.

The screenwriter is the director's wife who wrote this in response to vegetarians.

I highly recommend that anyone who loves bad movies watch this.

American-Cover.jpg

• Like 1

There is a Troll 1. It's also pretty bad and the movie wasn't intended to be a sequel, someone decided that it should ride on the success of Troll for some reason.

Actually, Troll seems to be overlooked, but it would actually be a good movie for HDTGM

Not to mention the kid in Troll 1 is named Harry Potter... years before JK Rowling stole the name.

Kelsey- troll2 to looks promising. That DVD artwork is really something, Else. Thank you Microsoft paint.

Do I need to watch the first one to get the full gist of it?

Or is it like grownups 2 I can just dive in.

Kelsey- troll2 to looks promising. That DVD artwork is really something, Else. Thank you Microsoft paint.

Do I need to watch the first one to get the full gist of it?

Or is it like grownups 2 I can just dive in.

Troll 2 is completely separate. No connection. Watch it by itself. Troll 1 is a worthy watch as well. But Troll 2 is all kinds of bad.

Watch Best Worst Movie because that is a thoroughly entertaining documentary about Troll 2, especially since you obviously like the whole "so bad it's good" phenomenon.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, Lando and Rattrap007. I will check those out. Not sure if I can find them or have the time to watch them but they are on my list. I will check them out at some point or another. just because it's been talked about so much here. and other places.

Let me put it this way. Have you seen Birdemic? The acting in this movie is only slightly better than that. Tons of fun though. Easily one of the most enjoyably bad movies ever.

Troll 2 was recommended to me by Eli Roth on his top 5 Horror movies of all time.

SLEEPAWAY CAMP was also on this list !

Troll 2 is acknowledged as the worst movie ever made, scoring 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

There is a documentary about it called "Best Worst Movie".

I regularly screen this to friends that have not had the pleasure.

"I keep waiting for it to not get any worse...but it has not happened yet!" said a friend last year at around the 50min mark.

The acting is atrocious.None of the actors worked before or after this.

The script is terrible. Issues compounded by an Italian crew and Directors.

You will watch this and rewind the bad bits to see if they really were that bad.

You'll be wrong. They are worse.

5 Stars *****

Although I think this movie might be overdone, I also think it would be hilarious to hear them riffing on it. After all, they did do "The Room" and that is also one of the worst movies. Love Troll 2 haha

FYI Best Worst Movie is on Hulu for free. I think that they would have to put in a lot of work to top that.

Rewatching Best Worst Movie, what a great documentary.

This is the worst, most laughable, low budget film possible. The original "Troll" was actually pretty good and featured Sonny Bono for some reason, but part 2 is just delightful.

It absolutely blows my mind that Troll 2 hasn't been done. When I first heard of this podcast and the concept, this is the first movie that came to my mind. Its ineptitude makes The Room look like pinnacle Truffaut. This movie is so bad it has an entire documentary made about it being so bad.

I've never seen this "legendary" film, but have always been curious about it. Seeing it for the sake of HDTGM makes a certain amount of sense to me, so I hope they eventually review it.

I've never seen this "legendary" film, but have always been curious about it. Seeing it for the sake of HDTGM makes a certain amount of sense to me, so I hope they eventually review it.

I can't believe an MST3K fan hasn't seen it! There's a pretty decent Rifftrax for it, but the movie doesn't need it. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. There's real magic in Troll 2.

I guess I am not sure what HDTGM would add that hasn't already been said about this? But today I was wondering if the people in Troll 2 are pissed that Tommy Wiseau stole their title.

• Like 2

I don't understand why they haven't done this film yet.

Fricking Paul is a 'The Room' person. I am personally calling him out for not doing this one yet. How did he not see this in theaters.

However I'm also gonna say maybe the documentary answered the question "How did this get made" as that was like 1/3 of the movie. I still want to hear the trio's commentary for this amazing movie.

There are so many factors to this film that makes it worthy of an How Did This Get Made episode, that I feel like it would be spoiling it to elaborate. If the "acting", special effects & direction isn't enough, how about the fact that at one point it had a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. There's also a documentary about the film called "Best Worst Movie".

Bumping this to revisit the discussion.

Paul, June, and Jason don't be afraid of doing this movie. There is so much hilarity and so many fun facts that you can learn by also watching Best Worst Movie.This is one that we can almost answer how did this get made. ALSO SO MANY CONFUSING PLOT HOLES. Possibly a Jacob's Ladder scenario.

P.S. The Room is good..... But painful to watch at times. In my opinion Troll 2 is never painful and is just fun and campy without the bad songs we often enjoy.

I'll bet they save this for the finale when the day comes.

Sign in to follow this