🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Johnny Unusual

What guest do you want to see?

When I compiled that network graph I was amazed, dumbstruck really, to see Joe Cornish in the data. I've listened to the episode since and he was fucking amazing as expected. He fit right into the show.

But I'd like to see him on together with Adam Buxton. Actually I'd like to see Cornballs and Dr. Buckles doing anything together again. But I guess Mr. Fancy-Pants Hollywood Director is too busy.

Oh and in case someone even understood WTF I'm talking about:

Stephen!

I know Acker and Blacker used to listen to the Adam and Joe Show (as revealed on James Bonding). Those two would make great guests on CBB as well.

Oh and while I'm at it: Scott Mosier and Matt Mira as Canadian Sniper and Ice Cream Social James Bond Villain.

• Like 1

When I compiled that network graph I was amazed, dumbstruck really, to see Joe Cornish in the data. I've listened to the episode since and he was fucking amazing as expected. He fit right into the show.

But I'd like to see him on together with Adam Buxton. Actually I'd like to see Cornballs and Dr. Buckles doing anything together again. But I guess Mr. Fancy-Pants Hollywood Director is too busy.

Oh and in case someone even understood WTF I'm talking about:

Stephen!

I know Acker and Blacker used to listen to the Adam and Joe Show (as revealed on James Bonding). Those two would make great guests on CBB as well.

Oh and while I'm at it: Scott Mosier and Matt Mira as Canadian Sniper and Ice Cream Social James Bond Villain.

I don't understand a single word of this post. Am I completely out of the loop on something amazing?

I don't understand a single word of this post. Am I completely out of the loop on something amazing?

Joe Cornish - who appeared on CBB 114 - has a comedy partner named Adam Buxton. They have alternately hosted radio shows and podcasts together for many years.

Cornish is now working mainly as a writer-director, having directed Attack the Block. He is now writing Ant-Man with Edgar Wright.

Acker and Blacker are creators of the Thrilling Adventure Hour, a Los Angeles-based stage show that is also recorded as its own podcast. Paul F. Tompkins is among the regular performers at Thrilling Adventure Hour shows.

Matt Mira is a member of the Nerdist team and one of his "characters" is a cliched Bond villain.

• Like 2

Am I completely out of the loop on something amazing?

Yes, you may well be. Let me break it down:

Adam Buxton and Joe Cornish are two British comedians who have worked together for a long time. they're life-long friends and they're most known for their radio shows on different networks, called 'Adam and Joe' or a variation thereof. While technically a morning show it featured a lot of nonsensical comedy that should appeal to a CBB listener.

Here's a few examples from their so-called song-wars where they battle themselves with songs on a specific topic: These two are proposed theme-songs for

(By Adam) and
(By Joe) respectively.

There haven't been any shows in the past few years, though, because Joe has become a sought-after director after his cult movie Attack the Block made quite an impact. Among others he co-wrote Ant-Man and Tintin.

Cornballs and Dr. Buckles are two of the most well-known of the many names they give each other all the time.

I would have never thought there'd be any connection between two of my favourite podcasts. But as I found out Joe actually appeared on CBB before, when he was doing press for Attack the Block. Now I wish they'd both be on.

Stephen!

Stephenage is a call-and-response routine through which Adam and Joe fans recognize each other. One person shouts "Stephen!" at a concert or in a crowded place and everyone who knows what that means answers with "Just coming!".

Ben Acker and Ben Blacker are the writers and producers of the Thrilling Adventure Hour show and podcast. justinmh05 told you about that already so I won't go into detail. You should really check it out though, if you don't know it! There's different segments of the show. I'd recommend listening to an episode of Beyond Belief first. It's the best segment in my opinion and it features PFT!

Anyway, on an episode of the James Bonding podcast one of them referred to Pierce Brosnan as "Bronholm" which is

. It was indeed revealed later in the episode that they used to listen to the show.

Matt Mira is one third of the Nerdist podcast. Scott Mosier is a film maker and podcaster (he works with Kevin Smith a lot). The two have a podcast together (FEAB). On this they developed several characters, among them a polite Canadian Sniper who apologizes after every shot and a classic James Bond villain who is often caught up in the day to day workings of managing a large evil organization, e.g. organizing an ice cream social for his employees.

Matt Mira is also the host of the above-mentioned James Bonding, together with Matt Gourley, of Superego fame.

• Like 2

I havent heard from Paul Giamatti in a while...I'm starting to wonder if he's okay. I'm just a little concerned because the way he left the program last time had me a little worried.

• Like 1

John Moe would be a great guest. He was great with Scott on his own Wits podcast. And clearly he would adapt well with the character guest.

Drew Carey.

He lives in/near LA, he's done or is at least associated with improv, and he seems like a cool guy.

I'd love to hear him on the show.

Hoping for a Tim & Eric episode in the next few weeks, to promote the new season of Check It Out!

Jay Johnston,

Laura Silverman,

Tom Kenny,

Mary Birdsong,

John Ennis,

H Jon Benjamin,

Jack Black,

*Blaine Capatch

Kerri Kenney,

Graham Elwood,

Sean Conroy,

Billy Merritt,

John Ross Bowie,

Kevin Pollack,

Samm Levine,

Chris Elliot,

Norm MacDonald,

Dave Attell,

Bob Einstein,

I'd like to see Pete Holmes as a character. Maybe retired Jay Leno too. Ira Glass IRL would be awesome.

And, as always, the more Galifianakis the better.

Editing for clarity:

I would love to see some of the amazing improvisers get into character as retired Jay Leno, or as Pete Holmes.

In terms of real guests, I think Ira Glass could be fun (assuming he's not too cool for school, or too sincere for school). And I ALWAYS love more Galifianakis.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Pete Holmes as a character.

People didn't seem to like the character he did the first time.

• Like 1

It seems a more severe oversight that Blaine Capatch hasn't been on CBB. He's quick-witted, musical, consistently hilarious and has a hundred characters he could draw from (okay they're all radio guys from the 60s). He's already on a Earwolf Podcast - Nerd Poker.

Of course you might need to wait until he's done with writing for At Midnight if time is a factor.

But seriously...BLAINE CAPATCH.

• Like 3

Thanks, guys, for the explanation on my comment. I'm going to delve further into their work.

Also, I'm kind of surprised Dino Stamatopoulos has never been on any Earwolf podcast. He could be an interesting guest.

• Like 1

It seems a more severe oversight that Blaine Capatch hasn't been on CBB. He's quick-witted, musical, consistently hilarious and has a hundred characters he could draw from (okay they're all radio guys from the 60s). He's already on a Earwolf Podcast - Nerd Poker.

Of course you might need to wait until he's done with writing for At Midnight if time is a factor.

But seriously...BLAINE CAPATCH.

I hear that guy has great charisma.

Following guests most desired:

Clive Buttertable.

Tina Fey.

Bono.

Daniel van Kirk as Mark Wahlberg

Ira Glass

Ricky Gervais would be a brilliant guest! Hopefully one day he'll stop by!

More than anything in the universe, I want Moshe Kasher to appear on the show as Stephen Hawking. I just listened to his episode on Pete Holmes' show "You Made It Weird" and his impression of "Racist Stephen Hawking" had me howling with laughter and made my eyes piss tears.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/03/you-made-it-weird-197-moshe-kasher-returns/

Listen at about 6:04 and tell me that Moshe's impression shouldn't be a drop in guest on CBB.

Listen at about 6:04 and tell me that Moshe's impression shouldn't be a drop in guest on CBB.

Since this is You Made It Weird, I can only assume that means the Hawking bit starts at 6 hours, 4 minutes into the show

Edit: ok I listened to it, that was ridiculously funny. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I'd love to hear Sean Conroy on CBB. He's always great on Improv4Humans, and his "Tip Tipley" banter with Andy Daly in the Chip Gardner episode of ADPPP is hilarious!

• Like 1

Daniel van Kirk as Mark Wahlberg

Along those same lines, I think it would be great to hear one of Chris Cox's characters from Sklarbro Country on CBB.

Definitely Matt Gourley after listening to him on the Andy Daly podcast. Would love for him to come on as H. R. Giger.

• Like 1