🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Far East Movement, Our Favorite Band

Incredible ep.

BUT...

I truly do not understand what Sean was saying with Julie feeling the sting of someone who's name starts with a Z...

We had a beef a while back but we're all good

• Like 13

Incredible ep.

BUT...

I truly do not understand what Sean was saying with Julie feeling the sting of someone who's name starts with a Z...

nvm did an internet search engine search and figured it out.

sick burn, sean

• Like 4

This episode got VERY confusing to keep track of very quickly and I would appreciate if it could be edited in which are impressions and which are really the hosts. Thank you.

• Like 8

nvm did an internet search engine search and figured it out.

sick burn, sean

I also want to know what this meant but I'm not as good at searching google.

• Like 5

who among us is bold enough to introduce someone to handbook - for the first time - with this episode?

it would be a fool's errand!

it's too late now.

the capsule doors are locked shut, the shuttle has launched.

these recent seven-layer, episode-within-episode, host-as-guest-as-host-as-guest, engineer-swapped, ice-cold hot-takes, renegade-podcast-turned-insider-looking-in-from-the-outside, two-people-on-one-shoe, scripps-wolfpop-midroll-calvinNhobbes-bestShow-eastcoast-westcoast quantum network entanglement, deadpool-and-midnight-special ACTUAL movie-reviews-not-even-teaser-frozen, "mansplained casper matress" the jukebox musical episodes..

we are now approaching the event horizon.

innocent plot threads are becoming unstable isotopes.

we are entering the Gemberling multiverse.

in space no one can hear you meme.

may Tom have mercy on our souls.

• Like 17

When we founded this forum we made it exclusive and hard to join on purpose, just like the podcast we love, and I think we underestimated the relentlessness of the people that like this show. So when it comes to HH being inaccessible, I don't think that's ever been a problem.

• Like 24

When we founded this forum we made it exclusive and hard to join on purpose, just like the podcast we love, and I think we underestimated the relentlessness of the people that like this show. So when it comes to HH being inaccessible, I don't think that's ever been a problem.

It's not a problem, because the show is brilliant. Over a hundred episodes in and there's no shortage of instant classics like this one. But is the show at all accessible anymore? In a "just jump in anywhere!" sense? Not really. You pretty much have to start with an early episode because even the ads that open the show are full of running jokes that would make absolutely no sense to a new listener. It's not a problem with the show. It's just a heavily serialized podcast at this point, moreso than any other talk show comedy podcast I can think of. I honestly view the show like Arrested Development or Kimmy Schmidt: you'll find moments funny if you just watch a random episode, but to see its true genius you have to start at episode 1.

• Like 16

You might look at this and think, "this looks like Houston is stretching his considerable lack of image altering skills well past the point of humor. It'd be better if he just found a new joke" and I'd kindly remind you that opinions are like assholes, asshole.

91pxNmq.jpg

• Like 23

this episode is so so so fuckin good

• Like 13

I had to double take at the guest list three times

Wait, is that a triple take...or a sextuple take? My math may be off on this one.

• Like 6

The war is coming! This movie deal is only the start! Looks like Julie is already taking sides with Tom (Though it could be because she is being cut out of the industry by the power of Zendaya and her Disney Channel show)!

13166061_10209023197358164_4233243264063498209_n.jpg?oh=ffff69186462433d86038d2d89612ead&oe=57A54F66

• Like 20

Wait, is that a triple take...or a sextuple take? My math may be off on this one.

Well at one point I think there were three hayeses, two engineer joshes and a half dozen klumps

• Like 9

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWHATUPWHATUP!!!!!

Sean said Wheez 3 times so I'm back, baby! Last week's ep was so good that I was rendered speechless for an entire week.

This ep was fantastic as well, but I couldn't stay away from you guys.

I had a great idea for a Wolfcool miniseries but I'll wait to tell you until everyone gets a chance to talk about today's ep.

"Klumpsed" lol

• Like 16

It's not a problem, because the show is brilliant. Over a hundred episodes in and there's no shortage of instant classics like this one. But is the show at all accessible anymore? In a "just jump in anywhere!" sense? Not really. You pretty much have to start with an early episode because even the ads that open the show are full of running jokes that would make absolutely no sense to a new listener. It's not a problem with the show. It's just a heavily serialized podcast at this point, moreso than any other talk show comedy podcast I can think of. I honestly view the show like Arrested Development or Kimmy Schmidt: you'll find moments funny if you just watch a random episode, but to see its true genius you have to start at episode 1.

I'm almost done listening to Reality Show Show and even going back that far there are jokes and bits that are still being referenced and added to. I regret that back when RSS was ongoing that I was stupidly listening to shows like Adam Carolla and Comedy Bang Bang. The time could have been much better spent on Hayes and Sean. These guys are the true heroes of comedy podcasting and I hope they never stop.

• Like 18

I like when Tom is on. Because this morning I didn't really get any work done (like I usually don't on Tuesday mornings because I'm listening to HH so harddd) but when Tom is on the show I can blame that on him. I never feel like I can blame it on H&S because they're more just like my friends who are entertaining and informing me and I can't try to shift the blame to them for me not getting my projects done. But Tom makes a great fall guy. My bosses even totally understand when I say "I didn't get much work done but it's Eggs fault for trying to make a play." Usually when I say that they give me even more time off on the condition that I use it to go see a Dr. Somebody across town. But I don't. I just schedule the appointment for Tuesday morning and then stay in my car all morning learning about Hollywood and movies.

• Like 13

im so confused as to what this means.

is there any truth in this comedy as there is truth in comedy?

• Like 5

I was so confused this whole episode? Thx 4 the show notes. Helped a lot!

• Like 6