🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bartelt

Episode 303.5 - Sklarbro County 208

Author Gary Belsky joins Randy and Daniel Van Kirk for a remote episode of Sklarbro County. They discuss being a St. Louis sports fan and Gary's new book "On the Origins of Sports." Daniel brings a County Story of a Florida man who faces charges after trying to steal a snake from a pet store. Later, "On the Origins of Sports" co-author Neil Fine calls in to share what inspired the creation of the book.

Loved the episode and, even as a follower of American League teams, I am always up for some criticism of the silliness that is the Designated Hitter.

Also, I hope all goes well with the Sklars' mother's health situation. Any family medical emergency is obviously more important than any podcast so, of course, take all the time you need. Hopefully, when your schedules calm down, you can return to the Country with nothing but good news.

• Like 1

Animal House pet store in St Pete. (Animal House uses an old Pizza Hut building)

https://goo.gl/maps/Tk2cEfU5BWK2

We go there all the time! Although you do have to go passed the cash register to enter and leave. They have animals packed in everywhere. In the last year the store has done more to secure the animals, they still have folks walk in, uncage an animal, turn and walk out the door. 28th Street is also known as US19, and has six lanes of traffic just a few feet from the front door. 28th Street (US19) is also known for it's abundance of hooker motels, transients, and a lot of people who have fallen off the matrix. So a neck tattoo walking in the door and heading for the snake aquariums is not a big deal. The store gets a lot of foot traffic.

Hilarious to hear about my city on the podcast.

And if you want an indication of online game viewing, go to twitch.tv

Sign in to follow this