🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
amietsang

Real Steel

I've just seen the trailer and the first thing I thought was how did this get made...

This movie doesn't come out until October 7 but as soon as I saw the commercial I knew. The movie centers around the highly dramatic world of competitive robot fighting. With Hugh Jackman as a former boxer that has to teach all his moves to a sparring robot, smaller and weaker than the rest. Together, with the help of some kid, they manage to captivate the world. Don’t believe me here’s the trailer:

This is the definition of HDTGM bait. Please do this movie.

This movie doesn't come out until October 7 but as soon as I saw the commercial I knew. The movie centers around the highly dramatic world of competitive robot fighting. With Hugh Jackman as a former boxer that has to teach all his moves to a sparring robot, smaller and weaker than the rest. Together, with the help of some kid, they manage to captivate the world. Don’t believe me here’s the trailer:

This is the definition of HDTGM bait. Please do this movie.

I wonder if it'll end like the "Twilight Zone" episode also based on the short story*, where the robot breaks and the guy has to go in disguised as a robot and fight.
* I wonder why they had to add "Real" to the title "Steel." Were they really worried that people would confuse it with the Shaquille O'Neal movie? Or did they want people to know that it wasn't about fake steel?

I wonder if it'll end like the "Twilight Zone" episode also based on the short story*, where the robot breaks and the guy has to go in disguised as a robot and fight.
* I wonder why they had to add "Real" to the title "Steel." Were they really worried that people would confuse it with the Shaquille O'Neal movie? Or did they want people to know that it wasn't about fake steel?

Just heard June on Who Charted comment on this... I want to see it... would you mind doing that with me and then spending your time talking about it.

Man oh man. This movie is awful at every turn.
It's not so much awful, as much as I couldn't believe what I was watching.
The movie is so sincere, and so absurd, it's a perfect choice!

Bumping this thread because I'm watching it now and it is perfect HDTGM material. Product placements, incredibly typical characters, cheesey moments galore.

I saw this movie this week. I'm not sure if it's quite crazy enough, but any movie that could conceivably be called "Over the Top" with robots needs to be considered.

This movie would make for a great podcast. It's totally nuts. Who is the audience? Because half the time it seems like an 80s kids movie, but the other half of the time it was a violent adult movie. And why, in the near furture, did all the lower class members of society look like a weird blend of hillbilly hicks, punks, goths, and the villians from Water World? Why were all those people hanging out together? And did the villians really have to be high-tech slick foreigners with heavy foreign accents (again, like an 80s movie)? And WTF was up with the main robot becoming self-aware but no one caring? This movie made me go insane.

Sign in to follow this