🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

May contain spoilers*

I ended up not knowing who to root for. Sarah Polley's character was cold and without maternal instinct. She broke the law by splicing human genes just to get famous. She used her own DNA which showed how much of a narcissist she is, and as the thing grows up, she starts caring about it. But when the creature gets to be an adolescent, she mutilates it for acting out.

The guy character on the other hand was a huge pussy. He allowed his girlfriend to basically ruin his and her careers by not putting a stop to it. He eventually has sex with the thing they created (which is really bizarre and sort of like bestiality). He must have been the man though because the full human chick STAYS WITH HIM.

The character of Dren was the closest I came to liking anybody in the movie. I felt bad for it. It didn't ask to be created and was either treated as a pet, a daughter, a sex object, or it was getting cut up by somebody it should be able to trust. I probably would have changed sex as well if only out of spite. Let alone gaining the power of flight.

I just thought this movie was all over the place and quite frankly I was deceived by the trailer. I thought I was getting a mindless "fun" sci fi type thriller. Where they make a human spliced chimera in a lab and it gets loose or something. This was some arduous nonsense and the ending was a real pisser. The way I see it, she was about to get away with everything, have no responsibilities, and be rich. Sarah Polley's character was the root of all the problems and in the end, she gets raped by something that is half her (would a clone be incest or monocest?), then she cuts a deal with the N.E.R.D.'s and gets paid. I don't mean to be overly critical but I get that way when I watch movies stoned.

• Like 1

I think this movie is interesting but it kinda has 3 different acts. The first is fantastic in my opinion, the second is okay but trying too hard, and the last acts was pure SHIT. Just like the producers came and said 'let's try to sell this arthouse movie as a monster flick'

Yes!!!! I vote for this movie. I just watched it and couldn't understand how Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley kept straight faces through the movie (or why they were in it) or how it has a 75% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It's so terrible. It would make for some great banter and I can't wait to hear Paul, June, Jason and guest question the crazy shit that goes down in this flick.

• Like 1

The sex scene alone is worth reviewing! Adrian Brody won an Oscar and now he is humping a human/animal hybrid???

• Like 2

In response to Paul's challenge in the Episode 30 Prequel (02/07/2012) to provide reasons why Vincenzo Natali's Splice should be discussed, four words: carnivorous transsexual lizard girl.

Want three more? Okay: mutant slug bloodbath.

BTW: I happened to like the film. Your mileage may vary: http://www.huffingto...n_b_602735.html

This movie is... I have no idea what to say about it. It's a great concept, and one that could bring a lot of discussion on the morality of gene splicing and so forth, but this movie goes to some very strange places. I feel like the general oddity of it outweighs any reason for recommending it. I would definitely like to hear what you guys would have to say about it.

I kinda fall with Paul. I don't know that it's actually a BAD movie.

I too would love to hear what you guys have to say about it, especially about the relationship between Ginger and her "parents" but I'm still not sure that makes it "bad".

• Like 1

Splice absolutely fits the podcast. If you don't think it is, you probably play D&D and are too nerdy to understand that most people don't like anything just because it's vaguely science-related.

You should do 'Splice' because it's so bad it's funny and it's INSANE.

How insane?

- It started trending on Twitter last year when it played on HBO.

People were not saying nice things. They were FLIPPING OUT at the craziness that is Splice.

PS: ADRIEN BRODY FUCKS THE SPLICE GIRL, WHO THEN TURNS INTO A DUDE AND RAPES HIS GIRLFRIEND AND KILLS HIM (but not before it impregnates her). There's your WTF Moment of the Century.

• Like 1

You had me at "carnivorous transsexual lizard girl".

• Like 2

i created a profile just to suggest this movie. I was about to start a new topic then found this existing one. I feel like this movie would be a perfect HDTGM episode

• Like 2

I came to do the same.

This movie is perfect for HDTGM!

It's one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. After that alien/animal/whatever sex... I was never quite able to look at Adrian Brody the same way ever again.

Yes! Please do Splice. My friends and I saw this in theaters multiple times. It became like "The Room" for us. There were so many cringey moments which is shocking considering Adrian Brody and Sarah Polley are normally good actors.

I have NO clue how it has as high of a score on Rotten Tomatoes. The tag line alone is HDTGM worthy - "She's not human...not entirely"

LOLOLOL

• Like 1

This movie had several moments when my wife and I looked at each other and said "What the fuck?" I'm disappointed HDTGM hasn't landed on this shit-bird yet.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely curious to see if June can even make it through this insanity in one sitting!!

• Like 1

Now it's on Cinemax. Still disturbing as all hell. 

This movie is A LOT!

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, NundercoverBrother said:

this movie...

#bump

#AlienSex

It's so twisted! Wouldn't it be incest, pedophile, alien sex though? Its barely a teenaged child/alien. They call it their daughter.....eww....this just gets worse by the second!