🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Ofcoursemyhorse

*Batteries Not Included (1987)

I'm not sure if this one was already posted or not, I searched like 5 times and couldnt find it. It would really surprise me if I was the first to suggest this fairly insane movie.

Rewatched this on Netflix a few days ago, I hadnt seen since I was a kid and it was on regular rotation on HBO.

There are so many weird aspects to this movie. I think the most glaringly WTF scene has to be the one where a tiny spaceship gives birth to three smaller spaceships, one of which turns out to be stillborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJmvsb13dA8

Now now I didnt say I didnt like the movie, when the artist dude (whom I'll always remember as the douchey attorney guy who always went against Jack Mccoy in Law Order) shows the pregnant woman the portrait he's painting is her with her top open, I knew this was my kind of movie.

That being said one of the main characters in this "comedy" is a woman going through full blown dementia, and not even the funny Mr. Magoo style dementia.

And I really cant stress this enough, this movie has a pregnant spaceship in it.