🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SleezoVideo

Salt

Just finished watching this terrible piece of shit. The strangest thing about it is that people who's opinion I (formerly) thought was somewhat in line with my own, told me that this movie was "pretty good". Make no mistake, this film is fucking horrendous. Angelina's weird alien face is in full force here. The only good thing in this movie is alien face strangling balthazar getty by getting her handcuff chain around his neck and jumping off a balcony. The bad things about this movie? Innumerable.

It's on of those Wimmer films where a simple plot element that in most films would be a minor point or dealt with quickly collapses under the weight of it being made the linchpin.. and its just strains credibility as the movie goes on..

The big 'is she' / 'isn't she' thing gets stupid.. and when the star is who she is it really doesn't feel like that's much of a mystery... and it comes down more to what is her motivation.. and why the hell do we care! I also understand that the theatrical versions ending was pretty bland and the some kills toned down.. but the dvd restored the more violent deaths and attempted to make a better back-story and mythology for her character...

totally failed.. i'd say.

It's really worth checking out the critical analysis that was done over on "IN THE CUT: The Dark Knight Pt I and Pt II Phillip Noyce's Salt" do a google search and watch the vids. It will give you a new appreciation of the film craft in Salt despite its many short comings.

man, I totally agree. After viewing this film in theaters with my friends I was shocked that I was the only one who thought it was god awful. It came out around the same time as 'Inception' and everyone kept comparing the two, THEY WERE NOTHING LIKE EACH OTHER.

Sign in to follow this