🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 136.5 - Minisode 136.5

I haven't listened to the mini yet, but I am watching The Avengers right now...

Sean Connery just said, "You know, one should never fear..." *eyes Uma Thurman up and down* "...being wet," and my soul vomited in its mouth a little.

tumblr_inline_mz3pfcv3Ip1rdnp13.gif

Your soul threw up? You didn't actually throw up? Because I gagged for real.

Also, I just read this old article about Patrick Macnee (who played Steed in the show) because I was looking up stuff about the show. And he talked about how one of the actresses was like, "Wow, Connery wouldn't let me get away with that." Implying that Macnee was much kinder to his female costars than Connery was to the Bond girls. Which isn't difficult to believe since Sean Connery thinks it's okay to beat women. But whatevs.

http://io9.gizmodo.c...wome-1714008028

Just listening now.

I often listen to the show in the bath, while having a bath. And have been known to fall asleep in the bath too. Though not while listening to the show happily enough. Baths are awesome, weary limbs get rested not like showers where you just get wet.

If a bath is a torrid summer affair in Paris with Scarlett Johansen, then a shower is a quick knee trembler up that alley beside the bookies with that old slapper who brags about sucking off Lemmy after a gig at the Ulster Hall in 1981 and is now resistant to penicillin.

I have listened to the show in the bath. And in response to Paul's question about sleeping in the bath, I've never fell asleep while bathing. But when my family went on vacations, I would sleep in the bathtub of hotel rooms because my father snored so badly and I needed a shut door between us. So people do sleep in bath tubs. Though if you were a full-grown person it might be uncomfortable.

Thanks for the info on the show.

• Like 4

If we're gonna get into a Bath vs. Shower debate I might have to be #TeamShower. Idk I love baths but there's something about having the perfect water pressure hit your shoulder muscles after a long day that is unparalleled.

But my mom just redid my childhood bathroom and I s2g I might show up at her house with some Lush bath bombs in tow just to take baths in that tub because it looks amazing and I'm jealous.

• Like 3

There were waaay too many times where I actually had to look away from the screen because Sean Connery was a disgusting human with disgusting dialogue.

I can't wait to find out which line you put in your signature because there were maybe 6 or 7 I wrote down in my notes as being A+ (and by A+ I mean how did this writer get hired ever again after this was made?!)

Here's the thing, I'm having a real problem with this one--like, just paying attention-wise. The quote I mentioned above was close to making it, but...I felt like it was maybe a little to creepy to make the grade as "Official Cameron H movie quote." I was actually leaning more to one of the more banal lines to underline the stupid ways this movie tries to sound smart.

However, if you all want to give me some quotes, we can make my signature a forum effort this time.

This movie...is so bad. I think it was Elektra whoe said she had watched it and thought it was almost over only to realize there was almost another hour left in it. I did the EXACT. SAME. THING! It's not a long movie, but dear God!, it feels like it drags on forever. I would have turned it off, but then the Brotherhood of Evil showed up wearing giant bear costumes, and I had to sit back down--just to see where this was all going...

As of now, I've watched just over an hour, and I still don't really know what the Hell is going on...

• Like 2

Here's the thing, I'm having a real problem with this one--like, just paying attention-wise. The quote I mentioned above was close to making it, but...I felt like it was maybe a little to creepy to make the grade as "Official Cameron H movie quote." I was actually leaning more to one of the more banal lines to underline the stupid ways this movie tries to sound smart.

However, if you all want to give me some quotes, we can make my signature a forum effort this time.

This movie...is so bad. I think it was Elektra whoe said she had watched it and thought it was almost over only to realize there was almost another hour left in it. I did the EXACT. SAME. THING! It's not a long movie, but dear God!, it feels like it drags on forever. I would have turned it off, but then the Brotherhood of Evil showed up wearing giant bear costumes, and I had to sit back down--just to see where this was all going...

As of now, I've watched just over an hour, and I still don't really know what the Hell is going on...

Oh that was me! Here are some of the things I wrote down when I had this realization

E9QVZZc.jpg

I know we don't typically like to talk about the movies way in advance to the episode but I truly think my whole issue with this is that they just jump right into shit with no explanation to anything at all, and then they cram a million things into 1 fucking minute. So everyone is talking at light speed and nothing is understood. I FUCKING HATE THIS MOVIE!

• Like 6

I believe the line "I think I'm seeing double." or some slight variation on that was said about 15 times in the movie. I think the screenwriter would vote for that line.

• Like 2

I believe the line "I think I'm seeing double." or some slight variation on that was said about 15 times in the movie. I think the screenwriter would vote for that line.

I WROTE THAT ONE DOWN!

Peel: "Just in time to save me from myself."

Steed: "Are you alright? I thought I was seeing double."

Peel: "That makes two of us."

*full on Jason voice* WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

• Like 6

Lol, why is Nicolas Cage the car?

that's a fascinating story and I am so glad you asked me about that. long time ago when the show was in the mini episodes there was a feature of which Paul would talk about how Nicolas Cage would play a role in this film so when designing this incredible work of art I used my psychic powers to channel paul scheer and he told me to added Nicolas Cage as the car. I would say he would agree with me that if Nicolas Cage was in the avengers movie he would be the voice of that talking car and so your welcome.

• Like 7

I don't know if I should be worried about any of this, but I had a good laugh anyway. I've been getting these weird calls from an 800 number, that I don't answer, and they leave messages saying "Hi Abe...blah blah blah Quicken loans" and I'm like "Uhhh... Abe?" so they just called again a few minutes ago and this time I actually answered and the person says "Hello, Mrs Lincoln..." And had to keep it together when telling her that she has the wrong number, and that I am not Mrs. Lincoln and that I've been getting calls about this and it's not me. She apologized and said she'd fix it. and as soon as I hung up I laughed so hard. Whoever used my phone number (If that's the case) gave the name "Abe Lincoln" ... Like I know I'm crazy, but I'm no Mary Todd. haha!

But my mom just redid my childhood bathroom and I s2g I might show up at her house with some Lush bath bombs in tow just to take baths in that tub because it looks amazing and I'm jealous.

OJDvGSJ.png

• Like 5

Admins, please delete if this is inappropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS2Ikk7A9I

I can't help it but love nigella, even if she's got a bit of a bad drug problem.

My favorite cooking show btw is Posh Nosh

if you guys watch any of that at all just watch Posh Nosh Ep 2 - Birthday Parties forward to 6:56mins best part.

david tennant shows up and steals the show btw.

and Joanna Lumley does the credits. got to love Richard E. Grant,

• Like 1

Cameron, here are all the lines I wrote down as well as that one above because this script is fucking bananas.

Steed: "Their names are April, May, June..."

Peel: "July? August? The family does have weather on the brain."

Old lady who's name I never got: "I hope he was a baddie."

Father: "How real do you feel, Mrs. Peel?" MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

Steed: "I put a micro-chip in your boots."

Peel: "Thank you"

^ I wrote this one down because of how stalkerish this came off and she is so thankful for it?

Peel: "Unless I'm mistaken, Steed, that was a kiss."

Steed: "Yes, technically."

Peel: "Technically?"

Steed: "I would never presume. It was more in the spirit of scientific inquiry."

Peel: "Ah."

Steed: "Hard evidence, you might say."

Steed: "Alas, poor teddy."

LITERALLY NEXT LINE

Steed: "The teddy bears are having a picnic. We're getting warm."

Steed: "Excuse me. Equipment needs adjusting."

Peel: "Nothing broken, I hope."

Steed: "My umbrella. Tight fitting."

Peel: "Allow me."

Steed: "The owl and the pussycat went to sea."

Peel: "In a beautiful pea-green boat."

Also I wrote down that Peel made a weather pun at the end but I was so angry about it I didn't even write it down lol.

• Like 4

AMY THE GORILLA IS MARY TODD LINCOLN. PASS IT ON.

Can I just say, in reference to quotes, when Connery says "now is the winter of YOUR discontent" I think Shakespeare and Richard III should've risen up from their (parking lot) graves and kicked him in the nuts.

Also, that means it's the end of your discontent so it doesn't even make sense when threatening people with an evil plan. Maybe I should save this for the ep thread.

• Like 7

AMY THE GORILLA IS MARY TODD LINCOLN. PASS IT ON.

Other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln Amy the Gorilla?

• Like 4

Steed: "Their names are April, May, June..." Peel: "July? August? The family does have weather on the brain."

Thanks, Taylor Anne--I think this is the one I'm going to go with. I heard that this morning, but as you can tell by my timestamp, it was pretty early. I thought for sure I'd heard that wrong. I just didn't have the energy to go back and watch it again.

So, I'll let you decide. Either your "weather on the brain" quote, or my original thought, from Steed: "Have you seen a seven-spotted ladybird in the mating season?"

Maybe I should save this for the ep thread.

Too late! I'm already making designs to steal that observation from you and take all the credit for myself!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Thanks, Taylor Anne--I think this is the one I'm going to go with. I heard that this morning, but as you can tell by my timestamp, it was pretty early. I thought for sure I'd heard that wrong. I just didn't have the energy to go back and watch it again.

So, I'll let you decide. Either your "weather on the brain" quote, or my original thought, from Steed: "Have you seen a seven-spotted ladybird in the mating season?"

That's a tough choice there. I specifically wrote that one down because I thought I had misheard their names too when she said they had weather on the brain. Nope they just named months and that somehow connects to weather.

Also the word "weather" itself is now my least favorite word and I never want to hear anyone utter it ever again.

• Like 1

I have listened to the show in the bath. And in response to Paul's question about sleeping in the bath, I've never fell asleep while bathing. But when my family went on vacations, I would sleep in the bathtub of hotel rooms because my father snored so badly and I needed a shut door between us. So people do sleep in bath tubs. Though if you were a full-grown person it might be uncomfortable.

I'm with Taylor Anne on #TeamShower, but a lot of that is because I'm 6'4", so tubs are inherently uncomfortable.

Side story related to Elektra's thing about sleeping in tubs to get away from snorers: I went on a river float a couple years back for my buddy's 30th birthday. We all pitched in and rented this big house in San Marcos. There were 14 of us, and the house was supposed to sleep 16, but basically, it was two bedrooms with beds that slept two a piece, a room with two bunk beds, and the living room, which had two pullout couches.

The first night we were there, we partied pretty hard. I woke up in one of the bunk beds and noticed this couple was in the other one. I asked them if I snored because I have a tendency to do that when I've been drinking (or when my allergies are bad). They said they didn't hear anything.

The next night, I fell asleep on the upstairs couch kind of early. I woke up the next morning, and my friend (the guy whose birthday it was) told me that he went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and almost tripped over the same couple in the floor. They had tried to sleep on the other couch, but I had fallen asleep and was snoring really loudly. They were yelling my name, but apparently, I wouldn't wake up (I'm a super deep sleeper). So they went to the bathroom and slept on the floor.

To this day, they exclusively refer to me as "Snoring Mike."

• Like 4

What does the Fox say?!? He says, "I'm a canine, duh -- A dog animal. C'mon, I'm no cat. Geez!"

I'm #TeamBath. I'll listen to podcasts, read, study but can't sleep, even if I tried. I've never used a bath bomb though, I'm a bubble bath diehard

giphy.gif

I can't help it but love nigella, even if she's got a bit of a bad drug problem.

My favorite cooking show btw is Posh Nosh

if you guys watch any of that at all just watch Posh Nosh Ep 2 - Birthday Parties forward to 6:56mins best part.

david tennant shows up and steals the show btw.

and Joanna Lumley does the credits. got to love Richard E. Grant,

I love the Gordon Ramsay version so much more though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIesCd4I4hU

• Like 3

What does the Fox say?!? He says, "I'm a canine, duh -- A dog animal. C'mon, I'm no cat. Geez!"

(Vulpine)

Although, that does bring up something I meant to bring up earlier. I have, indeed, been licked by a fox. I was walking home one night, a fox was following me, a few feet behind me. So I wanted to get a closer look and gave it some M&Ms

• Like 1

From what I read, Foxes are in between dogs and cats evolutionary speaking, all three came from a common ancestor I believe.

Also I've been licked by a cow that thought she was a big dog, and they have rough tongues, like cats.

• Like 2

From what I read, Foxes are in between dogs and cats evolutionary speaking, all three came from a common ancestor I believe.

Also I've been licked by a cow that thought she was a big dog, and they have rough tongues, like cats.

Foxes are closer to dogs and are in the Canidae family. Their catlike qualities are because of a thing called convergent evolution. The most common example of convergent evolution is flight (insects, birds, and bats all share this trait, but they all got there independently).

Cats and dogs do share a common ancestor, but it's the same one that basically all carnivorous mammals share, and it dates back ~55 million years.

Note: I learned all this at a party one night because two of the most vapid people I've ever met were arguing about whether or not foxes were canines.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Note: I learned all this at a party one night because two of the most vapid people I've ever met were arguing about whether or not foxes were canines.

Wow that sounds like a hell of a party

• Like 2

Cameron, here are all the lines I wrote down as well as that one above because this script is fucking bananas.

Steed: "The owl and the pussycat went to sea."

Peel: "In a beautiful pea-green boat."

Far be it for me to stick up for what overwhelmingly seems to be the cinematic equivalent of a communal outside toilet during a dysentry epidemic on a hot August, but in the frankly impossible event of someone quoting that first line of 'the owl and the pussycat went to sea,' at you then, 'in a beautiful pea green boat' is the only available reply as they are the first two lines of the famous childrens rhyme called, 'The Owl and the pussycat'.

It must just be a British thing, I suppose.

'They took some honey and lots of money wrapped up in a five pound note' with them to tide them over. The two were eloping in the throes of some weird, some would say sick, inter species passion. Maybe their offspring might be fox-like? Being cattish with owlish wisdom corrupted to cunning.

I dont know if I want to watch this turd now. Its one of the few that are covered by the team that I would be able to as its on Netflix here, but the response has been so negative that I now fear for my TVs safety if I do.

• Like 3

Far be it for me to stick up for what overwhelmingly seems to be the cinematic equivalent of a communal outside toilet during a dysentry epidemic on a hot August, but in the frankly impossible event of someone quoting that first line of 'the owl and the pussycat went to sea,' at you then, 'in a beautiful pea green boat' is the only available replyas they are the first two lines of the famous childrens rhyme called, amazingly enough, 'The Owl and the pussycat'. It must just be a British thing, I suppose. 'They took some honey and lots of money wrapped up in a five pound note' with them to tide them over. They were eloping in the throes of some weird, some would say sick, inter species passion. Maybe their offspring might be fox-like? Being cattish with owlish wisdom corrupted to cunning.

I dont know if I want to watch this turd now. Its one of the few that are covered by the team that I would be able to as its on Netflix here, but the response has been so negative that I now fear for my TVs safety if I do.

No no actually I am glad you cleared this up. I figured it was actually some well known thing that I had just never heard before, but it was the way they had delivered it and then how he didn't even let a beat pass after her line BEFORE HE STARTED TALKING ABOUT THE WEATHER AGAIN that made it seem so fantastically ridiculous.

On it's own it doesn't seem as crazy, especially if it is a popular British children's rhyme.

• Like 3