🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 135 - Jon Daly, Our Close Friend

Hey guys, Socks checking in.

I'm just starting the episode now. 6 minutes in, I just want to say that I really want one of those big beds with the dividers in it like Hayes has. I really need one because let's not mince words... my bed is often way too crowded if you know what I mean ;) I honestly can't count the number of times* I've woken up next to two different ladies and they've gotten mad at each other and me because they didn't know the other one was there.

*I actually can't count the number of times because the number of times is zero and I'm not exactly sure how to count to zero. I usually start at one when I'm counting and it's kind of throwing me off.

• Like 14

good oedekerk-references by hayes, and was surprised that the room let him down.

great kung pow scene where a henchman gets his entire belly punched out like a plug, then later comes back with it attached on a long chain, swinging it around as a weapon.

• Like 9

Hey guys. Let's get the forums good again. Ok? Ok.

The forums, here's what I'll say about the forums. I promise you this: We'll make the forums great again.

• Like 12

98bzkQg.jpg?1

I really appreciated Sean's reference to my favorite Ad Council poster from my childhood. It really helped me think differently about my surroundings. I think the episode was great, but I kept falling asleep.

• Like 22

Oh and gollstone, I think new eps are usually released midnight PST

Isn't one supposed to say PST before one whispers a secret!?

I listened to this episode in the afternoon. It was a different experience to my normal morning listen. Still a pleasant experience. Still pleasant.

Well, that's pretty much it for this post.

• Like 11

Haha! Tom totally got me with his Klump skills again! For a minute I actually believed Hayes was telling us that he likes to get bird number twos all over him and in his mouth. He didn't quite disguise his voice enough though so I could tell it wasn't really Hayes. Nice try, Tom lol

• Like 10

"Robert... a solid American name." -Jon Daly

I can't wait for the book to come out.

Here's the story structure as a quick reminder for everyone:

If

And

Therefore

OK

So

Here we go

Now we got something going on

Back up

Wait a second

Alright

Backfire

Twist

Solution

Solution Applied

Button

(Climax)

Problem

(Dénouement)

• Like 13

This episode gives good funny comedy but sometimes Sean and Hayes just get too NERDY for me. I mean I love Harry Potter but keeping up with the references is impossible! Hufflwhat? Herman who? It's like I need to be a freaking Poindexter to get your guys' banter! GEEZ!

• Like 8

Why weren't they pronouncing the h in herbs? Is this some sort of joke I'm missing?

I think they're saying "urb", like it's a cool new way to abbreviate "urban" and they're talking about their urban gardens and they have 4 of them and one of them is dill. I don't get the last part, but I'm not a gardener

• Like 9

Hey everyone, I haven't had time to listen to the episode yet, so if you could all refrain from posting on here until I get a chance to finish it and maybe a little extra time afterward so I can get some time to think up of some witty social commentary playing off the lessons and themes S&H brought up in todays episodes that would be great. Thanks. ~Jackal.

• Like 14

this was a wonderful ep. The boys + Jon Daly are a regular power trio. If you add Brett, then I guess they're more like CSN+Y, but brett doesn't get to be Y. that would be too good. Brett's always been more of an S in my mind.

• Like 10

tumblr_nr1pyvYRhW1tad283o1_1280.jpg

I was googling around the internet and I found this artist's rendering of the Nudi Street Colonel after that tank incident. Yikes! Just a little lower and his head would have been taken off! I originally thought ill of him, but I think I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor guy

• Like 16

Fun episode.

Nice book.

And educational on writing.

But swear happen.

• Like 15

One of my least favorite characters in Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Aah, you got me! It's not really the Colonel, but when I heard about him having a hole in his hair this guy came to mind. I'm with you though, and what kind of lame name is "Birdie" anyway?

• Like 6

Congrats on the new job! Hope you have a great first day, and that you're not so nervous that you feel too embarrassed to ask where the office supplies are located and instead frantically rush to Staples during lunch to personally purchase 500 manila envelopes that you then have to shamefully/ineffectively sneak back to the office so you can complete the ONE SIMPLE TASK you've been given on your first day...

But, I'm sure that won't happen, because that would be ridiculous. And I definitely didn't do it twice!

Thank you, MP. I ended up buying 1000 envelopes in one trip and wore huge pants in which to hide them so that I didn't make the same horribly embarrassing mistake as you did. I appreciate the lessons learned advice, but now I may have some unnatural feelings towards envelopes. Oh well.

• Like 14

"The Story of Grimsby the Cat and... hey it's me, Deadpool, bet you thought you were going to hear the rest this title but the only titles I'm interested in are the titles in Kate Upton's bra"

• Like 17

Thank you, MP. I ended up buying 1000 envelopes in one trip and wore huge pants in which to hide them so that I didn't make the same horribly embarrassing mistake as you did. I appreciate the lessons learned advice, but now I may have some unnatural feelings towards envelopes. Oh well.

On the FIRST day?? Damn. You're gonna be running that company in no time!! It took MONTHS before I finally realized a giant billowing pair of cargo pants was the answer to this problem... paired with a smartly tailored coat and tie, no one's ever been the wiser. Meanwhile, I'm strolling around with anywhere from 3-4k envelopes on me at all times. ;)

• Like 6

Well well well looks like the boys did a terrific job growing that herb garden considering all the herbs in this thread right now! Haha just kidding guys that's just a little taste of my new brand of homonym based insult comedy. Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 15

Fun episode.

Nice book.

And educational on writing.

But swear happen.

I honestly thought this book turned out better than the animated kids movie they made last year. You know, with the ripped minion and Jack Nicholson. That was a smash hit in its own right. And I think book had less swearing too? Certainly less adult content

• Like 7

This episode was very similar to the film Chinatown -- masterful and will be influential to other podcasts of its genre for decades to come.

• Like 11

porous in heat... that's how i felt about my skin after that float tank this morning. -jon daly. never forget

• Like 6

Well well well looks like the boys did a terrific job growing that herb garden considering all the herbs in this thread right now! Haha just kidding guys that's just a little taste of my new brand of homonym based insult comedy. Hope you enjoy it!

is your yoke mistaking polysemy for homonymy?

heh, just kidding, this is just a taste of my razor sharp wit.

hope you like it.

• Like 7