🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 135 - Jon Daly, Our Close Friend

As a mathematician and an engineer, I really enjoyed the Sine Wave talk. Thanks for a quality episode this week, boys!

Hey, I'm wondering if you guys would consider doing an episode devoted to reviewing a chain restaurant?

• Like 21

this episode was incredible

• Like 22

is your yoke mistaking polysemy for homonymy?

heh, just kidding, this is just a taste of my razor sharp wit.

hope you like it.

Uhhh actually polysemy is when two words spelt or sounding the same mean different things but are related in several ways. For example "mouth" the organ and "mouth" of a cave both refer to openings and are polysemous.

Homonymy is when two words spelt or sounding alike have two entirely different meanings. For example herb as in oregano, dill, basil or thyme Vs. herb as in originalEskimoBoosterStation

• Like 17

Damn, Mike,

You know one of us is gonna have to clean up the obliterated remains of originalEskimoBoosterStation, right? Took this sucker straight past roasted into straight up burnt territory.

Love,

JEFFREYPARTIES

• Like 10

I had pasta made from "spelt" once

At least some of us "herbs" know how some words are spelled!

• Like 9

thanks for the tips on gardening. i decided to just pour cement and make a nice slab. now rats cant eat my garden because its cement.

Those poor, starving rats. smh

• Like 7

I had pasta made from "spelt" once

At least some of us "herbs" know how some words are spelled!

You know I could go on and tell you how outside of the U.S. both are used interchangeably and act like I'm a jolly ol brit but really I just fucked that one up.

• Like 9

I kind of had a feeling that something like that were the case so I googled it afterwards and found that they both technically work. I was kind of hoping nobody else would find out though because that felt so triumphant

• Like 8

As a mathematician and an engineer, I really enjoyed the Sine Wave talk. Thanks for a quality episode this week, boys!

Hey, I'm wondering if you guys would consider doing an episode devoted to reviewing a chain restaurant?

What do you do when you like a person but you really hate their post? Like or not like?

• Like 23

engineer cody is trying to stop my store from being published by attacking me in the wires.

• Like 4

Damn, Mike,

You know one of us is gonna have to clean up the obliterated remains of originalEskimoBoosterStation, right? Took this sucker straight past roasted into straight up burnt territory.

Love,

JEFFREYPARTIES

Dear Jeff,

Half of those words you used look funny. Read a dictionary or two.

Love,

Silvr

• Like 12

forum broke my big story. alert: cody in the wires.

• Like 2

QWYzfhX.png

exhibit 1:

in this episode (at around 59:20) hayes makes a reference to the thumb movies by steve oedekerk, as well as kung pow. daly acknowledges it immediately (a solid reference), but sean let it fall so flat that it seemed like an attempt to close off any further discussion. why? and why didn't hayes challenge him? did perhaps hayes make a mistake that he immediately realized? was sean freaking out about it? what are afraid of? i decided to dig deeper.

exhibit 2:

it turns out oedenkerk wrote on the nutty professor 2: the klumps, which was referenced in the creepy klausner & scharpling ep (134) by the very same hayes (a brilliant reference). i decided to check it out and what i found blew some of my mind (that i wasn't using anyways): they friggin wheeze' the juice in it.

oFUHHzF.png

this is a staple reference of the project (maybe the staple reference) to the movie encino man, and the infamous pauly shore ep (61). also note that in ep 134 scharpling made sean perform the 'wheeze the juice' quote 3 times (which seemed arbitrary at the time). was the klump (scharpling) wheezing the 'wheeze the juice' out of sean? for what purpose?

exhibit 3:

in another oedenkerk related work:

, an old woman typing and eating corn is presented as a prize in a quiz show. ring any bells? this is a reference to the earwolf forum user colfax mcliverneck, which by abstraction is a reference back to us, the handbook heads. was that a cry for help? what is really the deal with colfax?

7FFvsnL.png

exhibit 4:

in our posts we, the handbook heads, reference hayes.

conclusion:

the circle of references has been closed; something has been uncovered. yet there is so much left unanswered or incoherent.

there is some funked up shit going on with the project... something taboo and occult, and that mother-klumper scharpling might be pulling the strings, but i've ran out of steam staying woke and tracing all these loops, so this is pretty much gonna be it.

side note:

impressive composite barbara bush joke from sean vacillating between incest and marital sex, sean even seemed flustered by his own genius for a little while (the story of my life). i thought there was an opportunity for its extension by responding 'george bush seniors junior' to jons attempt at resolving it, but what do i know... anyways, what else is in the news.

• Like 23

Dear Jeff,

Half of those words you used look funny. Read a dictionary or two.

Love,

Silvr

Specifically not liking this post so people know my feelings are legitimately hurt.

• Like 8

i think Eskimo is hacking the forums, very scary.

We gotta tap into the mainframe and reverse the polarity! HACK THE HACKERS BACK!

• Like 7

Specifically not liking this post so people know my feelings are legitimately hurt.

^look at these words too. someone get this guy some alphabet pasta, am I right, fellas?

• Like 14

Hold up, everyone shut the fuck up for a minute!

I noticed a few of you newbies are posting and you aren't liking my posts. Who the fuck do you think you are? I've been a part of this forum for a long damn time. Longer than any of you shit brains. If this place doesn't shapen up real soon, I'm going to get my close personal friend Dan Engler to do it for me.

• Like 17

^look at these words too. someone get this guy some alphabet pasta, am I right, fellas?

or maybe jon daly could spare him some bananagrams

• Like 16

SPOILER ALERT (I don't know how to do a spoiler tab)

Sean can you believe Hood got a happy ending literally riding off into the sunset? Crazy right? "It's Carrie" omg what a total Anna thing to say! It was good of Tropper to mislead us by saying there would be no happy endings for these "not good" people, made it payoff that much more. Had to rewatch the last 15 minutes right away because I was so tense the whole time waiting for someone to get shot in the head. Any idea what show yourself, Bang, Gabrus, and Conroy will fan the fuck out over next? Let me know.

• Like 9

Jeff, I know you must be very upset cause of my sick burns, but don't take it out on the newbies; cry into your pillow like a normal person

• Like 14

oh yeah, something about Hollywood Handbook....

it's good?

idk.

• Like 9

Silvr you better stop drop and roll cause you are on fire tonight

• Like 9