🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 135 - Jon Daly, Our Close Friend

My post-listen post: Listen, the very funny Jon Daly was very funny with the very funny Sean and Hayes on the very funny Hollywood Handbook podcast.

TBS The Superstation

• Like 17

TBS The Superstation

WCW Saturday Night, 6:05 on the Muthaship, Daddeh!

(RIP Dusty Rhodes)

• Like 5

I met PFT last night and asked him if he will be on HH any time soon. He said "I hope so. I love those guys." I also met Tim Baltz, and I think he'd be a great guest on the show.

With all due apologies to Mr. Matt Gourley, I was there too. My verdict: good and funny! Lauren Lapkus and Tim Baltz did new funny characters and they were the best! Anyone listing to the back episodes of the CBB live show on Howl, the Portland late show is worth a listen.

Speaking of good and funny, this podcast episode!

• Like 8

Shannon posted in the tour thread that the late show recording will be late. Did you go to both shows or just the late one?

*edit: I met a member of this very forum (Hollywood Handbook) at the show. We spoke briefly.

• Like 5

Finally finished the pod and I just wanted to pop in and say it was woke as fuck and ALSO can we please stop talking about other podcasts and bring things back to Hollywood Handbook and I bet you thought I couldn't use and again and I just proved you wrong, again!

• Like 15

Finally finished the pod and I just wanted to pop in and say it was woke as fuck and ALSO can we please stop talking about other podcasts and bring things back to Hollywood Handbook and I bet you thought I couldn't use and again and I just proved you wrong, again!

2.5 Forks

• Like 13

Guys my blood work came back. I have affluenza.

• Like 17

That's rough. I remember being diagnosed as mononucleosis positive. It sucked and I had a sore throat, but on the plus side I had the blood tests to prove that I had been doing some serious kissing

• Like 12

I saw the doctor earlier today. Turns out I have Pac-Man Fever. Thoughts and prayers, please.

• Like 16

Thoughts and prayers, please.

Thoughts: There are probably a lot more doors than there are people. Like, a LOT more doors.

Prayers: O God,

Every animal,

in every forest, field, and home,

belongs to you, and is under your loving care.

May your blessing be upon this cat,

and, in your steadfast kindness,

Keep (him, her) safe from all harm.

We pray that you would show forth

your eternal love and mercy,

in the companionship and friendship

that this cat provides. Amen

David Bennett

• Like 16

i dont know if i could even listen to reality show show episodes without that one ad where hayes says he will never forgive sean for a challenge prediction he made one time

I don't recall this what epi #?

• Like 4

TJ Lavin was at maximum Teej on last nights ep of The Challenge.

Some excellent quotes:

"You know how I feel about quitters, right?"

"Don't take care, hope to see you never."

"That was some horseshit."

...I've said this before, but I'm just pretending this is the Reality Show Show forum too.

• Like 14

So last night I was skimming through the forum to tally up all my likes and record them in my bedside journal just as I do every night before I go to sleep when I noticed that instead of "you" showing up first on all the posts that I liked it showed my name. No big deal, right? I just wasn't logged in. I figured there was just some cookie related reason that the site remembered who was accessing the page from this device and that's why my name was showing up where it was. To test my theory, this morning I came back using a computer at work that I had never used to log into the forums, and it's the same thing. I never paid much attention to the order of likers. I guess I would have just assumed it was alphabetical or something, but that clearly is not the case. I like almost everything so not receiving my personal stamp of approval will surely be glaringly obvious and probably come off as quite a blow to that person's post. It's hard being at the top, guys. I was a lot more comfortable thinking that I was hiding amongst the "others". Well, at least I've got a 3 day weekend around the corner to help me deal with this newly discovered pressure

• Like 9

I was at costco the other day and while grabbing a brick of my main favorite cheddar cheese I saw an adjacent, similar-looking stack of cheese that was a few dollars more expensive because it'd been "cave aged." I thought to myself, "what could possibly taste better about a cheese just because it was aged in a cave. What a scam."

Later, when I was checking out, the checkout guy looked at my cheese and said, "hey is this that cave-aged cheddar? what's up with that, it seems like a scam." and I laughed and said "no way, i saw that stuff too, but I'm not buying a cheese that's had a more adventurous life than me." We riffed about that for a minute, "cheese that's been spelunking? What's next, $20 for a piece of cheese that's been bungee-jumping?" Leaving the store, I was pretty pleased to have had such a pleasant riff-session with the checkout guy.

A week passed, in which I ate about half the brick of cheese. My wife decided to have some cheese last night, and said "what is this, it's delicious! Why don't we always have this cheese?" I said, "Its just the same cheddar I always get." At which point she looked at the label and said "No, it says here that this is cave-aged gruyere."

I grabbed the wrong cheese and never knew it. I'm aware that this eerie tale boggles the imagination, but friends, I swear this story is 100% true.

Imagine what the cashier must think of you, a man clearly holding a brick of cage-aged cheese but unwilling to admit it at any cost.

• Like 19

despite all my pleas I am still in a cage with some cheese

• Like 22

Imagine what the cashier must think of you, a man clearly holding a brick of cage-aged cheese but unwilling to admit it at any cost.

What a beautiful metaphor for the inescapable presence of self-deception in the psyche of the modern man

• Like 15

Wow! I can't believe it's been two days since the latest episode of Hollywood Handbook came out. Such a roller coaster of emotions, day/night cycles, and forum commenting. Will there be a new episode Tuesday or will the Monday holiday throw a wrench in the machine known as Wolfcool (Earwolf)?

• Like 6

I like aged cheese but I prefer mine to be free, not locked in a cage.

• Like 10

hi dummies what's up?

to all the newbies, please know that i have seniority over you. i just haven't been around in a while because i used to be number one drunk weirdo on the forums but then i got sober and had to stop posting because i was adrift in the sea of identity with no life raft of distinguishing characteristics anymore and also i don't know how to swim.

ive done a lot of soul searching and i've realized that my new identity is typing in all lowercase letters and casually mentioning that i once had an essay published on huffpo.

this episode was so good, it made me almost as happy as that time I found out my essay was going to be published on huffpo.

edit: this message is for my friend JEFFREYPARTIES. jeff, this time if you stop at starbucks on ur way to pick me up from work please get me something too. technically u owe me because i paid for ur ticket to see x-men.

• Like 24