🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 135 - Jon Daly, Our Close Friend

Shannon posted in the tour thread that the late show recording will be late. Did you go to both shows or just the late one?

*edit: I met a member of this very forum (Hollywood Handbook) at the show. We spoke briefly.

Just the late one. What was it like speaking briefly to a person from this forum? I only got to talk to my girlfriend at the show, and she doesn't even have an Earwolf profile.

• Like 4

13999.jpg

Hey Chanson, nice car. Where'd you get it, the Olympics?

ROASTED!

• Like 24

It was enjoyable. I congratulated her on being the first to post on this week's forum. Also, I think I frightened her somewhat, probably because of my inherent creepiness.

• Like 5

ROASTED!

You come over here and say that to my face you cockroach-loving pine nut enthusiast!

• Like 13

So last night I was skimming through the forum to tally up all my likes and record them in my bedside journal just as I do every night before I go to sleep when I noticed that instead of "you" showing up first on all the posts that I liked it showed my name. No big deal, right? I just wasn't logged in. I figured there was just some cookie related reason that the site remembered who was accessing the page from this device and that's why my name was showing up where it was. To test my theory, this morning I came back using a computer at work that I had never used to log into the forums, and it's the same thing. I never paid much attention to the order of likers. I guess I would have just assumed it was alphabetical or something, but that clearly is not the case. I like almost everything so not receiving my personal stamp of approval will surely be glaringly obvious and probably come off as quite a blow to that person's post. It's hard being at the top, guys. I was a lot more comfortable thinking that I was hiding amongst the "others". Well, at least I've got a 3 day weekend around the corner to help me deal with this newly discovered pressure

as far as I can tell it's ordered by registration date so us early adopter cranks get free advertising every time we slam that ol' check mark.

well, fortune favors the old, ha ha. the early nerd gets the perm...anent real estate on the Like List, ha ha ha. wow, what fun. haha. I think I have heat stroke btw

• Like 16

Oh, nice! So I've earned it like someone who got in early on Microsoft or something! Thanks, that makes me feel better : )

• Like 7

faux vets can't huff, puff and po themselves away from the iron-fist of the like-list.

registration dates rule the day.

sidefact:

using capital letters on the internet is a telltale sign of social deviancy.

• Like 7

PRESS RELEASE

for immediate release

washington, dc (may 26, 2016) -- wow, just got finished listening

to the ep of hollywood handbook.

it was really actually very good, for real, and i'm not just saying that

and i'm not lying even a little

i liked it very much, and i thought the guest and the two hosts were very funny and

it made me happy to listen to the show.

"all i can say is the boys have done it again and, truly,

you've just got to sit back in your chair and smile to see

such a display" says danny boy wizard

what a treat :)

• Like 19

sidefact:

using capital letters on the internet is a telltale sign of social deviancy.

Hey, I can't argue with that. I swim against the current no matter how fu**ed up it makes me look. And that's another thing I do, I censor my swears. It's kind of like my trademark reminiscent of olden timier days. Like how PFT wears suits and stuff, but it's for words.

• Like 8

i just haven't been around in a while because i used to be number one drunk weirdo on the forums but then i got sober and had to stop posting

I had always assumed I was the number one drunk weirdo on the forums (ya know, because of those lude videos I posted after a couple bottles of habanero lime MD20/20) but I'm happy to officially know it now that you've dropped out of the running.

keep on keepin on keepin on on.

• Like 11

Guys I finally finished all the reality show shows. guess I really wasn't a true fan of HH but now officially am re-listening to old eps and Sean did the welcome to...red carpet lined back hallways part in the first episode so full circle on that. but why am I telling you this when it's obvious common knowledge? not sure. All I learned from hearing H&S do podcast is real laughs are bad, hold them in. phony laughs is good because the extremity of the phony laughing becomes very fun to do. also don't be mean unless it's in a battle of wits (like Allison Rich) and then all bets are off. and if you make a person buss their shit up you win. best example probably Maria Thayer

this ep was food. kind of could be like rafflecast Johnny's Bananas season 5

• Like 14

You guys ever think that the reason we cry is that the salty water of our tears helps remind us of the overfishing problem we have ravaged against our planet's oceans? Haha yea me neither

• Like 13

Hey, I can't argue with that. I swim against the current no matter how fu**ed up it makes me look. And that's another thing I do, I censor my swears. It's kind of like my trademark reminiscent of olden timier days. Like how PFT wears suits and stuff, but it's for words.

You've got the snazziest word-suits in all the land, my man!

• Like 7

Speaking on TV commericals , what do you guys think of the new direct TV ad where bon jon bovi belts out

"We got the power to turn back time,

That show we missed lets go back and find

And instead of spicy choose mild

And maybe reconsider having that second child !"

Or something like that

Thoughts ??

• Like 9

Image 2016-05-27 at 12.33.19 AM.png?v=0386aded

Hey there, H-Book Heads.

Medium-time listener, first-time poster here and, well, I dunno how else to say this other than to say, I BEEN HACKED. I'm not sure which one of you hackerbois is trying to sabotage my forum posting career, but I got five words for you -- GET OUT OF MY COMPUTER.

Anyway, most of you seem reasonably cool, nice and funny, but this hacking gotta stop. Thanks, bye.

• Like 8

ROASTED!

It took me about 10 seconds to get this, but once I did the payoff was soooo sweet. I did a really loud Hayes-like nose snort/laugh

• Like 15

It took me about 10 seconds to get this, but once I did the payoff was soooo sweet. I did a really loud Hayes-like nose snort/laugh

Someone didn't have his wheaties this morning!

A whole 10 seconds? SteveH I've grown accustomed to a more expedient comedy beast in your posts.

Expressing concern for a friend.

• Like 7

this ep was food. kind of could be like rafflecast Johnny's Bananas season 5

agreed! I love the Johnny's Bananas eps but it always feels like Sean & Hayes should be there.

(and by "always" I mean "every time I listen to it" because there's so many people in it that it makes me feel less lonely if I am feeling lonely, is this relatable)

• Like 11

agreed! I love the Johnny's Bananas eps but it always feels like Sean & Hayes should be there.

yes, Jon always brings in a massive line-up. H&S would easily overpower the room, even with blue skies

also, how do we think the boys would stack up back in the Jordan-era of podcasting? nba playoffs & all

• Like 7

If a picture of Bruce holding Dreidel in front of Chanson's Audi with custom license plate doesn't get a popular star, then popular stars are even more worthless than they were since Dixon, of all people, got one

PS This episode was good

• Like 19

If a picture of Bruce holding Dreidel in front of Chanson's Audi with custom license plate doesn't get a popular star, then popular stars are even more worthless than they were since Dixon, of all people, got one

PS This episode was good

On account of Dixon being a friggin Pencil Man, have we considered that he figured out a way to draw the popular star himself? We can't know if it's legit unless we get Dixon to use his eraser and see if the star will disappear

• Like 11