🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
engineerdoug

Episode 7 — Deja Vu

This week on Professor Blastoff we discuss.....woah.....okay, this is weird. I feel like I've written this before!?! About the possible causes of deja vu and how it relates to epilepsy and dementia. Am I alone? They discussed the double perception theory and the history of pie charts. I can't be the only one who remembers this! You were wearing a cowboy hat! Well, I'm going to head to the neurologist, so while I'm there listen to this episode of Professor Blastoff (if you haven't already).

usually I get deja vu when I'm super emotional. I don't know if that's anything.

great episode guys. you three filled my spankbank (or for the ladies: "fap-trap") for the week with all that talk of cowboys hats and gas pumping.

I love how you guys discuss all of the awesome things my friends and I used to talk about when we did a lot of acid in the early nineties. Although if I am remembering things right, you guys are really falling short when it comes to accompanying your discussion with orange juice consumption, firework and glostick enjoyment, and chain-smoking. Get with the program Earwolf, this is the sort of thing the experts would notice!

i feel like i've heard this episode before..... weird

it's becoming more and more infuriating how David (is it David?) keep insisting that every theory is equally believable or "the same" as he keeps saying, including the logical explanations involving YOUR BRAIN...... vs entire alternate dimensions, reincarnations, alien gods, whatever the fuck. Is he playing a character or does he actually think these are all equally logical??

• Like 2

basically I'm asking if its James Adomian doing a "David" character

Ragnar, I appreciate David's sense of wonder and open-ness. Although I do tend to agree with the scientific explanation, that doesn't mean I don't believe there's a possibility that science has gotten it wrong. They have before, plenty of times, and sure enough we will again.

Part of the fun of Prof. Blastoff is the discussion of the possibility that things like ghosts exist, or parallel universes are out there, or psychic powers, aliens, whatever... stuff that science can't conclusively prove one way or another, things that have persisted over time and are just fun to think about.

To be fair, I am infuriated when people suggest that the science is "inconclusive" on global warming, and I won't deny that my argument is basically the same thing. Also, your James Adomian character suggestion is hilarious.

Hey T&K&D,

Thanks again for a fun show. I'm a fellow sufferer of BDVS (Boring Deja Vu Syndrome), and I salute your courage. I've talked to other people about deja vu experiences and they've also had the boring kind-the sensation itself is fascinating, even if the circumstances being re-experienced are mundane. I thought I had a premonition once, but it was confusing since it happened after a bad bicycle accident which gave me a concussion, so I'm inclined to discount it as a byproduct of the injury. Still, very weird, and had that "I knew that guy was gonna say that!" feeling 2-3 times in a row.

I came here to say the exact same thing as ragnar - David seems like a nice enough guy, but in a way he also seems a bit like a retard.

• Like 1

Without differences in their opinions there would be no fuel for the comedy fire.

I can't even express how much I love this podcast! But here's a shot....
I already LOVE Kyle and Tig (seriously, i totally freaked out when I heard they had a podcast together), I feel like David completes the chemistry. To compare this to the Ricky Gervais Show, Tig is Ricky, Kyle is Steve, and David is Karl. In a good way. Thank you so much for this podcast!

For future shows, I hope to hear stuff on evolution and possibly ghosts. Suggestion for a guest on the ghost show; Zak Bagans from "Ghost Adventures", he's got a great personality that would work well debating this topic.

xoxo

Thanks for the feedback. When I return from outer space, I plan on mailing you all a thank-you card.
Signed,
RL

Sign in to follow this