🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Julia

Sklarboro Country Lexicon

Hey, fellow citizens of Sklarboro Country! What do you think about starting a forum topic of the lexicon of the show? We can define recurring terms and phrases used on the show, so newbie listeners won't have too much trouble understanding the show.

We can define things like "Henderson," "Punching a waterfall," and others.

Thoughts?

Post your definitions below!

I guess I should probably define "Folks!"

Folks! - Proclaimed at medium-to-loud volume directly after a punchline, in order to properly emphasize the gut-busting hilarity of said joke.

Great idea, Julia! Especially when you consider how much the show has evolved over these 40-odd episodes. Remember the Ichiro Quote Machine? Good times. Of course, now that I sit here trying to think of oft-used phrases, my mind goes blank...

Henderson (high voice) vs. Henderson (low voice) - the latter is more appropriate at somber occasions or lame parties

JJ = Jerry Jones (there can be only one)

Douchebaguette = the female equivalent of a douchebag

On the right/wrong side of the Dreamcatcher = used to describe whether one's day is going well or not

Kicker = player on a football team's roster most likely to go bats#@t crazy and/or write a series of spy novels

"the calming shores" = location of calmness in the Country of Sklar
"ZOOM!"= pretty much the same idea as "Folks!", as previously described by @switcheroou
"quick hits" = short stories, kinda rediculous usually, funny puchline that is normally followed with ZOOM!

I've forgotten exactly where the punch a waterfall thing came from..someone help me out? I'm too lazy to go back and relisten. =)

within a year's time i'm sure sklarboro country will have a wiki.

Sign in to follow this