🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 80 - Jason Mantzoukas: What Went Wrong?

Welcome back to What Went Wrong? with your host Alex Papas (Jason Mantzoukas)! It's the podcast inspired by the movie and the book High Fidelity where Alex talks to ex-girlfriends to try to figure out "What Went Wrong?" This week is a good one as Alex welcomes Louise aka Lou Lou to reminisce about their wonderful relationship and pin point the moment where it went wrong. Later, Traci Reardon appears to answer love questions from her Twitter followers in another edition of "Help Me, Rhonda."

• Like 2

Wait, wait, wait... Zouks is on and we're not Talkin' Tang? Or even Drippin' Milk?

• Like 2

First podcast ep i starred as favorite before listening. I just finished listening and will keep the favorite star.

Loved it! But it was a missed opportunity for Talkin' Tang.

As great as that would have been, Talkin' Tang has to have Scott on whenever they decide to do it.

I want Zouks to write and star in a romantic comedy based on this.

This was great, but I can't help but think that everything "Alex" said about the fans of his show was a subtle indication that Jason feels exactly the opposite about CBB fans.

Haha, this was the first episode of this podcast that I wish was really an actual ongoing weekly podcast. It kind of reminded me of the sketch "The Denise Show" that Adam Sandler used to do on SNL- the guy who would host a talk show about his girlfriend that broke up with him that he was still obsessed with. It was also funny how Zouks's character got semi-creepy with Tracy at the end.

• Like 1

Besides Mantzoukas being hilarious, I really enjoyed how he set up the episode to focus on Lauren's character as the driving subject matter, rather than just have her as a guest for a random topic.

Great episode!

• Like 3

Wait woah woah I heard a clip of a "Hop Along" song at 7:49. Who's the Hop Along fan? Jason or Lauren? Either way that's awesome Hop Along is an amazing band who needs more recognition. Whichever one of them put it in there - they've got good music taste.

• Like 1

Jeffrey Characterwheaties does it again. Such a perfect balance of self-obsessed scumbag & self-critical nice guy. So pathetic yet you can't help but root for him. Lauren played off of him fantasticaly both as Lulu Limon & Reardon. Would definitely listen to another installment.

^Also ditto re: the Hop Along song