🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MuscleCarist

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978)

Not only is the Legendary FOT Lisa Jane Persky in this film as the unforgettable Dirty D but it's nearly Mac & Me bad

• Like 1

We have watched this movie at a Sci-Fi convention and this movie was played after the Star Wars Christmas Special with Chewbacca's kids Itchy and Lumpy.

Is it readily available? I'd like to see this too.

While available in bootleg form for decades, it was officially released as part of what I think was Kissology Vol. 2. I'm pretty sure it was that volume, because it had all the good (as in bad) shit on it, including Phantom and the post-makeup neon years.

According to Paul Stanley, this was pitched to them as, "A Hard Day's Night" meets "Star Wars", but for those miserable souls who have actually seen this film (and survived) it is a lot closer to "Plan 9 From Outer Space" than the other two films.

This is a really painful movie to watch.,

there is a making of video on youtube that for the most part tells you everything you need to know about this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoN1-Jjysk4

Kiss is a very interesting band, because you had two sides of it. two members who gave a dam Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons who never really drank or smoked and then you have Ace Frehley & Peter Criss who drank and smoked everything they could get there hands on.

Gene Simmons talks about Ace Frehley

www.youtube.com/watch?v=de972gpj_h8

I joined the forum specifically to recommend this movie! Please make it happen!

I was lucky enough to find a VHS copy of this years ago, before it was "officially" released on DVD.

This is a really painful movie to watch.,

there is a making of video on youtube that for the most part tells you everything you need to know about this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoN1-Jjysk4

Kiss is a very interesting band, because you had two sides of it. two members who gave a dam Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons who never really drank or smoked and then you have Ace Frehley & Peter Criss who drank and smoked everything they could get there hands on.

Gene Simmons talks about Ace Frehley

www.youtube.com/watch?v=de972gpj_h8

I think Gene Simmons gives a damn about Gene Simmons and that's about it. He just hated it when any other member received more attention than he did.

Gene and paul are the reasons there is still a kiss band. if it wasn't for there clear headed thinking we would not be talking about this band. we would be saying kiss who? Peter Criss was so out of control with his drinking and partying when they recorded a album they would bring in peter into the room and they would pretend to record his drumming. then say that was really good peter we only need one take, you can go now. once he would leave they would bring in a studio musician and he would record all of peters tracks. You know you may have a problem with drugs and alcohol when you can't recorded your own music. lots of bands do this trick but I think kiss had it the worst.Sid vicious had all of his bass lines recorded by another studio musician. same problem stone out on drugs at the time of recording. He wasn't even really in the first run of the band.

Gene and paul are the reasons there is still a kiss band. if it wasn't for there clear headed thinking we would not be talking about this band. we would be saying kiss who? Peter Criss was so out of control with his drinking and partying when they recorded a album they would bring in peter into the room and they would pretend to record his drumming. then say that was really good peter we only need one take, you can go now. once he would leave they would bring in a studio musician and he would record all of peters tracks. You know you may have a problem with drugs and alcohol when you can't recorded your own music. lots of bands do this trick but I think kiss had it the worst.Sid vicious had all of his bass lines recorded by another studio musician. same problem stone out on drugs at the time of recording. He wasn't even really in the first run of the band.

I'm not a big KISS fan, but I do know this - Gene Simmons is a dick. He is the most self-aggrandizing, misogynist, obnoxious dick there ever was. So anything that comes out of his mouth needs to be taken with a tuckload of salt.

If I remember right, this was first broadcast on Halloween night. I seem to remember rushing home from trick or treating just to see it. (Hey, I was only 4).

ghost host 999 that would be right, i checked IMDB for ya just out of curiously.

Release Date: 28 October 1978 (USA)

I remember seeing it on tv too as a kid with my sister, she was really into kiss. then later during the heavy metal days I got into them too, for a short time. I did see them live once and I remember having my ears ring for two weeks. They are a loud band to see. now as an aduilt my ears ring full time. but thats not kiss's fault, but my own. Sorry for getting off topic.

Seanotron thats ok. Gene Simmons is sorta comes across in my mind as I'm an ass hole and Im ok with that. He plays the womanising prick roll too much. I don't buy that sleeping with 5000 woman crap. Not sure if thats the right number he clames. . it could be true but most likely not anywhere next to that number. you can't sleep with that many woman and live to tell about it, even if your careful.

Kiss scared the shit out of me when I was a kid; now they scare the shit out of me in a completely different way. I concur, Gene Simmons is a cunt. But, this movie peaked my interest because of such brilliant "acting".

Was hoping all of it was on Youtube. No such luck, but I did find this:

(the REAL fun begins at 1:34, though the whole thing is a delight)

They clearly wanted to be the new Monkees.

I've actually never seen this, but a friend was just explaining how awful it is. Anyone else familiar with it?

Sign in to follow this