๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
MarcDickenson

Alien Resurrection (1997)

tumblr_msb54dQH5n1qfmbszo1_500.gif

ย 

ย 

200 years after the conclusion of Alien 3, the Company is able to resurrect Ripley through the process of cloning and the scientists successfully take the Queen Alien out of her. But, Ripley's DNA gets mixed up with the Queen's and she begins to develop certain alien characteristics. The scientists begin breeding the aliens, but they later escape. Soon the Xeno-morphs are running amok on the ship, which is on course to Earth. The Queen then gives birth to a deadly new breed of alien, which could spell disaster for the entire human race. It's up to Ripley and a band of space pirates to stop the ship before it reaches Earth.

ย 

ย 

[media='']

[/media]

In honor of the upcoming Alien Covenant I want to revive the idea of Alien Resurrection:

ย 

FnIxUqb.gif

• Like 1

As much as I would love this episode, how DARE you! I've never understood why people hated this movie. I mean it's not seminal work or anything but its super fun and I love every part of it.

• Like 1

If any Alien .movie should be talked about it should be the horrible third one. This one thankfully ended up being stupid fun despite some of the batshit things that Joss Whedon put into the script

• Like 1

If any Alien .movie should be talked about it should be the horrible third one. This one thankfully ended up being stupid fun despite some of the batshit things that Joss Whedon put into the script

ย 

I have seen the directors cut of Alien 3, Did you see the theatrical version by any chance???

Yeah I have the giant Alien Quadrilogy box set that has both theatrical and director cuts of each film. The theatrical cut is almost 40 minutes shorter with changes like the alien gestating in an ox rather than one of the inmate's dog and the inmate religion is focused on a lot more. They also are able to trap the alien like they had planned but, one of the inmates who has gone loopy releases it thinking it's a avatar of god or something. The biggest change is with the ending where the chestburster actually comes out of Ripley as she dives into the furnace and she clutches it to her chest to ensure it dies with her, while in the director's cut it does not come out of her chest. Neither cut are particularly good, but at least with the theatrical it works a bit better as it's not overly long and the ending leads really well into Resurrection.

• Like 3

Bumping to bring back to the top. It should be done for no other reasons than the basketball scene and Ryder drinking with boxing gloves on.

• Like 1

Bumping this one for Weaver making that over-the-shoulder, no look basket. Can your Clippers do that, Tall John? (P.S. Go Blazers!)

But yeah, this movie sucks in a big, dumb fun way.

Sign in to follow this