🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 136 - Alex Blumberg, Our Live Helper at Being the Best Podcast at the Live Show

edit, oh baby a jackal chanson sandwich

I give that sandwich five forks.

*dance-runs around the room, hoopin' and hollerin'*

• Like 10

#SeanAndHayes4EverTomCanHangOutWithHayesInGroupSettings

• Like 14

blumberg reducing the project to a gender, a number, an ethnicity and a genre was terrible (a draculer what i am, not who i am).

the lists affirm the genius of the project and kierkegaard at the same time: wherever the crowd is, there is untruth.

• Like 8

I always say red isn't my color, but I think this picture has changed my mind.

I wish I got invited to these kinds of things.... Right, guys?

I know... What have we done wrong? I look good in red.

And really good naked.

• Like 4

cant believe they hung up on THE andy kneis...tom is a complete madman

• Like 24

I know this isn't the best show forum, but a few quick notes:

although unsurprising it is a relief that Tom won't ever induct Hollywood Handbook into who sucks at podcasting.

how many posts do I need to get into the secret forum

hayes was a tutor in LA? makes me think he got into the "biz" the same way as Paul Rust in Netflix's Love

and fourthly: loved it!!

• Like 9

It's called vaping and it's how I unwind after a hard day's podcasting

see the gold tom threw in the garbage? what a dumass

• Like 17

I haven't listened to Best Show yet, but it from your posts it seems like Hayes spilled the beans about my super elite and exclusive forum, so I may as well come clean. Yes, I participate in a close-knit online community where I feel safe sharing very personal details to like-minded individuals. So far I am the only person in it, and far be it from me to toot my own horn, but it's pretty fricken hilarious in there. Not sure how Hayes even knew about it, tbh.

• Like 17

Hi, I'm the ash pile...

I see people post their music on this forum so here's mine:

Also the HH t-shirt clad kids in the front row were really cute.

• Like 15

After hearing Hayes talk about not having sponsors (which I bet Boss Hoggerman demands), I think we should band together and boycott any company that doesn't currently sponsor Hollywood Handbook.

now i'm no marketing whizz kid by any measure, but I would have thought that HH's good ads would actually mean that they had a better conversion rate than other pods. like personally I want to skip ads on pretty much every other podcast. so HH advertising is good. how do you donate money btw? the earwolf website donate button is a 404 error which makes me wonder if sachs is poisoning the well as a way of taking down HH.

it would be nice if more eccentric millionaires like the video game lawyer (forget his name. phoenix wright?) advertised on the show

• Like 9

Good question. Better question, where were you? I came all the way from Boston and you couldn't cross a bridge or take a tunnel or something?

Well, it wasn't you...

But! Hayes asked if you came and was disappointed when I said I didn't think so.. So.. I hope that's another slight disappointment.

It was.. a great show. You all missed out, I hope you feel bad (please don't).

I have a newborn who was 8 days old at the time of the recording. SORRY I COULDN'T MAKE IT

• Like 13

Also the HH t-shirt clad kids in the front row were really cute.

Thank you!

I have a newborn who was 8 days old at the time of the recording. SORRY I COULDN'T MAKE IT

no thank you!

• Like 9

Hahaha Dwayne The Rock Hard Johnson just had my favorite Best Show call in a while

I demand retribution

• Like 8

I demand retribution

I can't believe Tom just cut you off like that! He need to check himself, he can't be cutting celebrity's off like that.

The Rocks call-in on the Best Show, 2:28:48. Short but gold.

• Like 6

Good moment on The Best Show when Tom and Hayes both said "keister" at the same time. I said it at the same time too but that's not really a big deal. It would be harder to say it at a time I'm not saying it.

• Like 17

That commenter that had never heard of Groundhog Day and loves Tim Allen starting at 2:11:15 of the best show, cashpresley32

god, PLEASE god, don't let that dude be a fake-o

• Like 6

I listened to the best show and for some reason I felt like I'd heard it before. Not that I've heard The Best Show, but that exact show. I don't know if the mixture of brain worms and morphine let me hear podcasts of the future or not. If so, I guess I can keep riding this crazy train and cancel that HOWL subscription.

• Like 13

It's called vaping and it's how I unwind after a hard day's podcasting

now you had my favorite call of last night, just for its potential

• Like 5

you guys think it's weird that the title of this ep has the words "berg" and "helper" in it? Hayes was saying on the best show how they have less advertisers lately, but I'm not falling for it. They've just started to integrate subliminal advertising into their program.

obviously this episode was brought to you by Hamburger Helper

• Like 8

To anyone daunted by the three hour runtime of the Best Show Podcast, if your podcast app has a 'skip silence' feature then don't worry, you can finish the episode in about 45 minutes.

• Like 17