🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
eddie

Obsessed (2009)

i rarely go to the theater to see shitty movies, as most people i know have decent taste in film and i usually have a good sense of what i'll enjoy, anyways. but my family happened to drag me to this when we had nothing else to do or see, and it is absolutely appalling. i would love to hear it covered on the podcast!

This movie was so frustrating to watch and completely irrational. Ali Larter's character goes completely nuts for no reason! There is no affair or leading on by the male character, she just goes crazy despite his many attempts at stopping her. Then there is Beyonce's uber jealous irrational character as well. She completely overreacts and kicks him out for no reason. Her acting is so horrible. Idris Alba is such a talented actor it is confusing why he would take such a ridiculous role.....unless he wanted to sleep with Beyonce or Ali Larter. I mean this is Stringer Bell!?! This is like Nic Cage type career suicide.

Please review this mess.

• Like 1

Has anyone brought up the Gay Best Friend of Ali Larter that makes this movie possible. Because HOURS could be spent on him

But if you do this, DO IT AS A LIVE SHOW. I need audiences to react to the Beyonce-Ali Larter fight scene (To Quote Jackie Clarke, "She flies across this counter and the audience is like "More!") and this priceless gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekW6XoWhZs

• Like 1

Fun fact: The original title for this movie was "Oh No She Didn't." Really.

I read a review that pointed out how revealing the last shot is. Basically, it's a shot of Idris Elba and Beyonce... where the top half of Elba's head is out of frame, with Beyonce's face perfectly framed. Apparently, the fact that the plot revolves around his supposed infidelity doesn't mean that he's actually the lead star.

• Like 1

This is a female example of buying a movie to star in. Beyonce is the Executive Producer of this turd so of course she has to be the lead even though she has the acting skills of a pet rock. This is like how Will Smith buys movies just so that his talentless kids can star in them (Karate Kid, anyone). What's worse is that LL Cool J was almost cast in the Idris Elba role which is the only way that this movie could have been more terrible.

This movie is a perfect candidate for the HDTGM treatment. It features stiff acting by Beyonce, Idris Elba and Ali Larter, a miserable script by the film's producer and sub TV-quality direction supplied by a career TV director. It's like the Boy Next Door crossed with The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. Please consider this amazingly terrible film.

Mid way through watching this I got my phone out to see if they'd already done it, I'd LOVE to see this on HDTGM.

This should be a live double episode with When the Bough Breaks as they are basically modern updates of The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Fatal Attraction.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this