3. Wonder Woman

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past

5. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Side note: Andre Braugher needs to play more bad guys

giphy.gif

That's just him warming up

giphy.gif

The twist ending: HE KILLED HIS WIFE, HE OWNS A YELLOW SWEATER

Brooklyn Nine-Nine related, I have a MASSIVE crush on Stephanie Beatriz.

• Like 6

Brooklyn Nine-Nine related, I have a MASSIVE crush on Stephanie Beatriz.

As well you should. She's amazing.

• Like 5

I actually like Begin Again better than Once. I think the leads in Once really really boring, and Ruffalo/Knightley are pretty great together (although their 17-year age difference weirded me out because the first time I saw it, I thought it was setting them up to be together). Also, that role was originally supposed to go to Scarlett Johannson, and I feel like that would have been a total trainwreck.

I will say that Carney's apology helped redeem him a little bit for me. He didn't try to blame anyone else or make excuses he just said that he said some stupid shit and that he should have never said it. In Yes Please, Amy Poehler talks about how apologies shouldn't be an attempt to explain one's self or mitigate one's responsibility. It should be just saying, "I was wrong, and I'm sorry." I've taken that to heart in my own life, and that's the impression I got from his apology. So I'm definitely willing to cut him some slack for at least owning up to the fact that he was being an asshole.

I got those same vibes from the two of them and apparently they did film an alternate ending where Mark Ruffalo tries to kiss her and realizes "she's the one" (gag) but Keira walks away from it because she realizes she needs to be on her own and that's basically where we see her walking down the street all confident and proud and end of movie. But at least in both versions they never do actually end up together.

Yeah his apology did seem more genuine than a lot of people that get called out on their shit these days. However, I'm always wary about public apologies because I just think they're doing it because they got yelled at. I applaud Keira for not taking any kind of media bait and keeping things to herself.

• Like 1

As well you should. She's amazing.

Think I have a shot?

• Like 1

Arthur is another terrible movie that could be worthy of the How Did This Get Made treatment.

The original is still a classic. John Gielgud won an Oscar for goodness sake! You should focus on either the sequel Arthur 2: On the Rocks or the remake with Russell Brand, because those are equally bad.

• Like 1

STOP THE PRESSES

The massive revolt against Dragon Heart has been heard we are shifting to THE BOY NEXT DOOR - Apologies to those who watched but based on your reaction, it wasn't time ill spent.

-SPORTY SPICE

• Like 12

The massive revolt against Dragon Heart has been heard we are shifting to THE BOY NEXT DOOR - Apologies to those who watched but based on your reaction, it wasn't time ill spent.

Fingers crossed for a double-header featuring THE BOY WHO COULD FLY, a children's movie where autism also grants you magical powers.

• Like 3

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

well i doubt the same thing is going to happen to the boy next door ... its supposed to be proper shite ... i hope you had scott aukerman booked as the guest but you dont tell him about the switch until the day before recording ...

• Like 5

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2d2buc8.jpg

someone can't handle the heat of the new Wendy's hot and spicy chicken sandwitch!

and now I got a itunes rental I can't enjoy. full THX-HDTGM style.

mind you THE BOY NEXT DOOR is a good one. some may even say it's a doozie!

• Like 4

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

YESSSSS I fucking love this Bad Movie! I think I saw it twice in theatres on two separate(but equal) 'go see a bad movie' dates. It's an excellent choice. I'm often nagging about wanting HDTGM to do more recent movies and this is a great pick. Thanks Paul! Or whoever it was made the pick... I can see June written all over this.

BoyNextDoorcookiesLSUniversal.gif

• Like 4

DAMMIT! I had a C+ joke queued up about Elon Musk being inspired to start Space X after seeing the end of Dragonheart.

I think from a high level view Dragonheart was a pretty good candidate. A kids movie with a lot of murder and an attempted rape and plenty of world building inconsistencies. But from a minute to minute view maybe not ridiculous enough.

Well as Bill Belichick would say on to The Boy Next Door. Hopefully he is an HDTGM listener.

Fingers crossed for a double-header featuring THE BOY WHO COULD FLY, a children's movie where autism also grants you magical powers.

Was there any kid who didn't like this film?

• Like 1

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

Now that is a man who knows how to quell a rampaging unruly mob.

tumblr_lnqo03phvp1qbo9qpo1_500.gif

• Like 4

So now the episode will be delayed a week and Paul will put out a mini-sode for the mini-sode. :P

• Like 1

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

I sincerely hope this isn't the reason it's being called off...

Even though I voiced my concerns about the movie, I certainly would never have wanted, nor called for, the whole episode to be scrapped. For my part, I simply thought the movie would be difficult to pick apart, not that it couldn't or shouldn't be. I would have rather heard, "We watched it, and we just didn't think we'd have much to say about it." I was actually looking forward to it because I was expecting, due to the movie's staggering mediocrity, we'd get some pretty epic tangents out of it. :)

Oh well, at least it wasn't a total loss. In order to watch Dragonheart I signed up for a free week of Showtime on Amazon Prime which means I finally get to watch Captain Ron again! And that, dear friends, is the greatest gift of all...

200.gif

• Like 5

Bring back Dragonheart. "The Boy Next Door" is giving me a headache.

Also there was no year given, so I'm assuming it's the JLo bangs a 20-something playing a teenager "fuck you it's January" movie from 2015.

P.S. I didn't revolt, I just said I liked it. The same way people said they loved Van Damme movies.

STOP THE PRESSES

-SPORTY SPICE

This is UNPRECEDENTED! I was actually planning on renting DragonHeart but shit I am DEFINITELY renting The Boy Next Door!

Also I see what you did there, Paul.

giphy.gif

• Like 3