🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 137.5 - Minisode 137.5

Planet Money actually ran an entire epsiode regarding the genesis of the Boy Next Door.

Key graf:

And Jennifer Lopez and Rob Cohen are working for the minimum legal salaries. They're getting equity in the film. They get an ownership stake. But if the movie flops, they will earn next to nothing.
  • Like 1

screw it, lets just watch Dragonheart anyway and report back here with our findings. that's what I am doing tonight.

Hit play now! love it, hate it, what ever.

Lets watch it together.

Cheers

• Like 3

One thing I was looking forward to for the Dragonheart discussion was a compilation of how many times someone shows up in the nick of time from off screen to save the day. I feel like this movie may hold the record.

• Like 1

Oh. My. God. A mid week reversal?

giphy.gif

And for the dumpster fire of a film I wanted to see drunk in theatres, but got too drunk to make it to the theatre in the first place?

giphy.gif

This is my white whale, y'all

• Like 6

The movie's changed, do I have to threaten the powerbomb again?! Does this one carry over?! I'M SO FUCKING CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!!!

giphy.gif

Why wouldn't I? I have a dashing English accent, and I'm counting this as 4 people thinking I have a shot with the extremely attractive actress on the hit TV show.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

In answer to the only question that any straight male was ever asked about the Spice Girls in the late 90s , my answer was, and still is - in order - Ginger, Scary, Sporty, Baby, Posh.

Why wouldn't I? I have a dashing English accent, and I'm counting this as 4 people thinking I have a shot with the extremely attractive actress on the hit TV show.

I meant it as encouragement. I took your asking as if you weren't sure. I was saying YES! You have a shot! :-)

• Like 2

I meant it as encouragement. I took your asking as if you weren't sure. I was saying YES! You have a shot! :-)

I'm not sure, but you instilled confidence!

• Like 1

Where are you going next, so I can book a trip for the week after you leave?

I wanna save up and go to Italy in a couple of years so I'll keep you updated.

• Like 2

Of course Fast 8 would shoot in Iceland when I'm gone

Star Wars is in the wrong part of Ireland while I'm there and then moves south after I leave and now this.

This is my life now.

Speaking of Fast 8, apparently, they are using name and hashtag "F8" to promote it, which they are pronouncing "fate." This is bullshit. I've said it a dozen times, but this movie should be called "Infuri8ed."

Oh, and I totally didn't know until yesterday that Kristofer Hivju was in it. I'm so on board for this goddamn movie.

I was revisiting some "Best of 2015" lists over the weekend, and someone on AV Club actually said that Furious 7 was the most overrated movie of 2015. I wanted to punch them in their stupid face.

• Like 1

Speaking of Fast 8, apparently, they are using name and hashtag "F8" to promote it, which they are pronouncing "fate." This is bullshit. I've said it a dozen times, but this movie should be called "Infuri8ed."

And I still argue that the whole movie should be called F8 and pronounced "Fate" because that is fucking genius.

*vin diesel voice* IT'S FATE THAT WE'RE FAMILY *drives off into the Iceland sunset at midnight*

• Like 1

Interesting development! I also watched DragonHeart and kinda liked it, which in turn made me even more interested in the episode! Alas...

Anyway, TBND looks like a doozie and I have every reason to believe it will make for a banana-bonkers episode, but I really liked HDTGM's return to fantasy. Now I hope Warcraft gets an episode, it seems people from all walks of life hate it, plus, can you even imagine June's take on it? I mean, what exactly is an Orc fighter, really?

• Like 1

Oh, and I totally didn't know until yesterday that Kristofer Hivju was in it. I'm so on board for this goddamn movie.

I was revisiting some "Best of 2015" lists over the weekend, and someone on AV Club actually said that Furious 7 was the most overrated movie of 2015. I wanted to punch them in their stupid face.

Don't be a h8r.

• Like 3

Anyone having any luck finding a (legal) way to watch The Boy Next Door without having to buy it outright? If your willing to face Mr Scheer's derision, someone on Facebook has said some Redbox's still carry it, but so far, I haven't had any luck. Normally I don't mind paying full price for HDTGM movies (and will do if I don't have any luck by tonight), but I have a feeling I don't want this one just staring at me from my Amazon queue for all eternity...

• Like 3

Anyone having any luck finding a (legal) way to watch The Boy Next Door without having to buy it outright? If your willing to face Mr Scheer's derision, someone on Facebook has said some Redbox's still carry it, but so far, I haven't had any luck. Normally I don't mind paying full price for HDTGM movies (and will do if I don't have any luck by tonight), but I have a feeling I don't want this one just staring at me from my Amazon queue for all eternity...

Are we sure they're going to do the Jennifer Lopez one? Dina Meyer did one and I'd rather see that. :-)

• Like 1

you might want to clear about 4 hours in your schedule when you are listening to this episode because this movie is going to need alot of examination. think how bad and dumb trespass was and then take the fun/spectacle of a nic cage out of it .. its that bad. longest 90 mins ever ... its awful ... cant wait for the episode ...

first edition of the illiad????

• Like 3

legal no but i found a crappy copy on youtube .. you might need to adjust playback speed though. its a little slow. and trust me ... you dont need this to be any longer than it already is.

dont know about the forums rules on posting movies on youtube so ill just do this.

....watch?v=qBLztcq71NY

• Like 3

first edition of the illiad????

I KNOW RIGHT?! Like, wouldn't that be in a museum under glass handled by people with white gloves?

Also, I only know not exactly legal ways to watch this movie. sorry Cameron.

• Like 3

Same boat. I was shocked no one is digitally renting it. No way I am going to buy it and end up on some kind of watchlist so I am redboxing for the first time in my life. I am sure Paul and the gang will feel our struggle (via the normal psychic channels) and pour their heart and soul into this episode.

• Like 2

I KNOW RIGHT?! Like, wouldn't that be in a museum under glass handled by people with white gloves?

Also, I only know not exactly legal ways to watch this movie. sorry Cameron.

i know we are not supposed to talk about the movies in the minis so all of this is going in a spoiler

no doubt paul, june and jason all scratched their heads over this so i am only writing this cause there is no way this will be a c/o.

if you were ever to look for a first edition of an acient greek poem that is over 3000 years old im guessing your first port of call would be to google it. only one slight problem with that ... every result for "first edition iliad" is now the boy next door related ... so now this piece of shite is forever linked to homers great work ... and to me, much like a first edition of the iliad, thats priceless

1060vie.jpg

and i know rob cohen points out there are different types first editions of many books but in my eyes thats not how it was presented in this movie

• Like 5

Same boat. I was shocked no one is digitally renting it. No way I am going to buy it and end up on some kind of watchlist so I am redboxing for the first time in my life. I am sure Paul and the gang will feel our struggle (via the normal psychic channels) and pour their heart and soul into this episode.

Excuse me for a second, everyone else, Atlanta talk...

Did you find a Redbox location that has it? So far, the only places in our area have been the Walmart on Howell Mill Rd (which, fuck that) and a place in Douglasville. So...I guess I'm off to Douglasville and hope my work doesn't ask too many questions as to what I'm up to :)

• Like 1