🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 137.5 - Minisode 137.5

I FUCKING LOVE TOAST OF LONDON!! Apologies for the capitals, I'm enthusiastic about it, Ray Purchase is perhaps the best character on TV right now. I didn't get to see Scissored Isle, I did hear great things though, but it was on Sky Atlantic and I don't have that.

I dunno what happened with Linehan, he became this overly aggressive, Male Feminist. Not the normal "Hey, I believe in equal opportunities for men and women", that any adult who knows how to tie their shoes believes, but those who are trying way too hard to show the he's one of the good guys, but just attacks people for differing opinions.

• Like 1

"Ray 'FUCKING' Purchase!"

I do have a major boner for Mrs Purchase though.

I FUCKING LOVE TOAST OF LONDON!!

"Shut the fuck up clem fandango!!!" ...

nobody points better than matt berry. loved him since he popped up in boosh season one and then of course garth marenghi etc. i mean not many people can shine when vic and bob are in full flow but he did just that in house of fools. brilliant

• Like 1

Well, hullo there... *knocks back a Glenmorangie, adjusts kilt*

Actually I don't think my accent lines up with any of the famous scotspeoples' that people might enjoy. :(

chinhands.gif

• Like 1

"Ray 'FUCKING' Purchase!"

I do have a major boner for Mrs Purchase though.

Tracy Ann Oberman is a sexy as fuck

tracey-ann-oberman-pic-dm-72239139.jpg

• Like 1

Ray Purchase, I knew I could smell cheap aftershave and bullshit!

• Like 1

Found what I believe is my first post, which was a day after I joined on March 3rd of this year. In the covenant thread.

I swear there must be some time dilation going on, I feel like I've been a member longer than 3 months. So weird.

This movie felt like it was going nowhere for the first 3/4 of the movie. If I hadn't seen the trailer beforehand, I would never have guessed anything was even going to happen. Also This was also around the time Underworld was popular, so I guess since Vampires and Werewolves were already covered, Witches were the next best thing...but not the yucky women kind.

• Like 3

I'll tell you this though, Twitter has fucking ruined Father Ted and The IT Crowd for me, because Graham Linehan has shown himself to be such a huge douche, I tried watching them, and all I could think was "He's such a douche".

I remember he was very dismissive of some of the heartfelt and justified criticism of the transsexual storyline in IT Crowd. That was a bit disappointing. But Father Ted is amazing!

chinhands.gif

Very confused feelings. Hate Simon Cowell. Love receiving approval on the HDTGM forums.

• Like 4

"Shut the fuck up clem fandango!!!" ...

nobody points better than matt berry. loved him since he popped up in boosh season one and then of course garth marenghi etc. i mean not many people can shine when vic and bob are in full flow but he did just that in house of fools. brilliant

I rewatched the third and final series of Boosh a few weeks ago on Netflix, it was a lot better than I remembered it being.

And yes, I too will be rewatch Toast clips for a few hours.

An Actors and Prostitutes Blow Football Tournament is possibly one of the finest sporting ideas ever!

My favourite bit of Toast (apart from the insane Bruce Forsyth/Nigerian princess lodger in the pilot) is when he's confronting Ray Purchase on the top of an open topped bus and tells Purchase his wife is a prostitute. Purchase denies this scurillous allegation while standing in front of a giant billboard that has a photo of the sexy Mrs Purchase that says 'Boys, for a good time ring Mrs Purchase on 020 654 etc...'

• Like 1

I remember he was very dismissive of some of the heartfelt and justified criticism of the transsexual storyline in IT Crowd. That was a bit disappointing. But Father Ted is amazing!

He's very much of the belief that "It's one rule for me and not for thee". If you go along with everything that he says and believes, it's fine, the things he'll overlook is astonishing and reprehensible, you stray from that though, holy shit, there's no depth he won't plunge. Odious person,

• Like 1

All this time, I thought Glen Toran's avatar was Luis Guzman.

Another good choice.

• Like 1

Very confused feelings. Hate Simon Cowell. Love receiving approval on the HDTGM forums.

Better?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Unfortunately it's telling me it can't go past a year ago and I've been on the boards longer than that. So I have no idea what my first post really was.

I think it was about Lewis Carrol references in Gooby though.

Goobywocky? Jabbergooby? Doesn't quite work. ^_^

• Like 2

While the lineup is the weakest it's been since it has started in Sacramento, I am looking forward to meeting Sebastian Stann next week at Wizard Con, though the line will be a bitch since he's the biggest name this year.

• Like 1

STOP THE PRESSES

The massive revolt against Dragon Heart has been heard we are shifting to THE BOY NEXT DOOR - Apologies to those who watched but based on your reaction, it wasn't time ill spent.

-SPORTY SPICE

Goddamnit, I should have read the previous pages to see this, already rented Dragon Heart. Oh well.

While the lineup is the weakest it's been since it has started in Sacramento, I am looking forward to meeting Sebastian Stann next week at Wizard Con, though the line will be a bitch since he's the biggest name this year.

Have him sign a Covenant DVD.

• Like 3

Have him sign a Covenant DVD.

But that would mean that i would have to own that shitty, shitty movie.

• Like 1

But that would mean that i would have to own that shitty, shitty movie.

Borrow one from the library. Also make sure to tell him he was OK in the Captain America movies but The Covenant is your favorite of his.

Oof The Boy Next Door is a lot harder to sit through than I imagined. 40 minutes in and I've been watching it over the span of 2 days now. Hopefully I can cram the rest out tonight if they are still posting tomorrow but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they delayed due to the switcharoo.

Also Ryan Sz I am extremely jealous you are getting to meet him. I met Hayley Atwell and Jon Bernthal this past weekend (both of whom are maybe the nicest celebs I've ever had a conversation with) and I was still jealous of seeing all of the Seb, Anthony, and Chris photos online from Philly.

• Like 3

Massively off topic, but...is anyone a Game of Thrones fan like me here? Because I have just heard a huge...and I mean massive...spoiler from someone who was an extra on it. (a lot of it is filmed locally)

If you want to know it...and it might be bollocks...I could spoiler tag or pm it for you if anyone is interested.