🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 137.5 - Minisode 137.5

But that would mean that i would have to own that shitty, shitty movie.

Buy it, get it signed and talk about HDTGM, then send the signed movie to the HDTGM POBox.

• Like 2

For anyone that might be having a hard time finding this piece of shit, r/Movie_Club is having a showing today.

ETA: They have a link to the room where they show movies in the sidebar. Just show up at the right time and click it.

Massively off topic, but...is anyone a Game of Thrones fan like me here? Because I have just heard a huge...and I mean massive...spoiler from someone who was an extra on it. (a lot of it is filmed locally)

If you want to know it...and it might be bollocks...I could spoiler tag or pm it for you if anyone is interested.

im_ready_game_of_thrones.gif

• Like 1

im_ready_game_of_thrones.gif

Damn, there seems to be no PM facility on here,not that I can find anyway, so it will be have to be spoiler tags.

Again, this is a huge spoiler, and, I will admit could be absolute bollocks and a wind up as my friend knows what a big Thrones fan I am, but nevertheless if youre a GoT fan and dont want the possible surprise of this season ruined then dont click on this......

Jaime Lannister dies

I don't want to know the spoiler but I do want to just say Kit Harrington is a stupidly attractive man and this season is 10000000x better than last.

• Like 1

I don't want to know the spoiler but I do want to just say Kit Harrington is a stupidly attractive man and this season is 10000000x better than last.

Yep, Im not that way inclined, but even I will admit to him being a bit of a looker.

And also, this season is probably the best TV of the decade.

I actually live about 3/4 mile from where both Crasters Keep and most of the wintry forest scenes were/are filmed. And the same distance to the north of where the old ruined mill tower where they filmed the fight scene between Bran, Meera, Hodor, Summer and the Wildings a few years ago.

Also Jon Snow and Ygritte rode past that tower (which is an actual old pumping house for some lead mines) in the episode before the fight, just missing Bran et al in the story, and the shot of those two getting all lovey dovey has the tower and countyside in the background and my house is right behind the line of trees on the far right of the screen in the distance. If the camera in that shot had panned just a few feet more to the right in then it would have filmed a busy dual carriageway (trunk road) packdd with cars and lorries.

• Like 1

After last season, I'm done with GoT. Every episode was 50 minutes of total boredom followed by one shocking scene.

I haven't watched any of this season, but I've heard a bunch of the stuff that's happened, and it really sounds silly

specifically: Snow's resurrection (that everyone knew was coming), Melisandre's old lady body, and the ridiculous Hodor shit

As for Kit Harrington, he's definitely an attractive dude. I just wish Jon Snow wasn't an incredibly boring character. I liked his characterization somewhat better in the books, but mostly, he's just a blank slate dude that gets involved in exciting shit.

• Like 2

After last season, I'm done with GoT. Every episode was 50 minutes of total boredom followed by one shocking scene.

I haven't watched any of this season, but I've heard a bunch of the stuff that's happened, and it really sounds silly

specifically: Snow's resurrection (that everyone knew was coming), Melisandre's old lady body, and the ridiculous Hodor shit

As for Kit Harrington, he's definitely an attractive dude. I just wish Jon Snow wasn't an incredibly boring character. I liked his characterization somewhat better in the books, but mostly, he's just a blank slate dude that gets involved in exciting shit.

raspberry_zpsyysycxer.gif

Not just any kind of shocking scenes, but they always seemed to be like, "Hey let's murder children and rape women and all that fun stuff!" kind of shocking. So the creators of the show and I were on real shitty terms after all that, but I'm also a fuckin' completest who needs to finish this fucking show.

I identified the most with Jon when I started the show. Therefore, I'm rather forgiving of his blank slate acting style.

The reunion of him and Sansa made me bawl like a fucking baby.

I identified the most with Jon when I started the show. Therefore, I'm rather forgiving of his blank slate acting style.

Really? I figured you'd be more of an Arya fan.

Or maybe that's just because Arya's my favorite character, and I project that onto everyone else.

• Like 1

Or maybe that's just because Arya's my favorite character, and I project that onto everyone else.

Oh no Arya is my fucking lifeblood and nothing could make me not love her. I was just saying that when the show started that Jon and I had a connection and that identification with him made me on board with his character from that moment forward.

If I had to rank the characters I would probably do -

1. Arya

2. Sansa

3. Brienne

4. Jon

5. Tyrion

and then so on and so forth with the millions of others

My list,

Melisandre

Ygritte

Sansa

Admittedly a bit of a redhead theme developing here, but thats just the way things are

Yara

Missandre

Danerys

She's everyone's favorite character, except for GRRM.

• Like 1

is starting to drag a little, too many pointless characters that have story lines that don't seem to go nowhere. I'll watch it to the end but I most likely will never re-watch it. I wish I could of just waited and watched it all together is the way to do it. but too many story leakers around to not watch it.

Mind you I guess you could watch lost now even if you have a good working idea of the ending of it all. Mind you I remember working hard to guess and all the clues are there but none of was executed well in the end.

lets watch one more episode of

• Like 1

lets watch one more episode of

Hahahaha. Oh man. I've never seen this one before. But I totally love Ronald D Moore as the actor that mispronounces "frak."

I found a website that gives you the true size of countries/continents/states and lets you compare with other places on the map. So of course I had to compare Texas to the U.K. (I put London in the same general area as Houston)

post-118181-0-18729000-1465504333_thumb.png

http://thetruesize.com/

• Like 1

I found a website that gives you the true size of countries/continents/states and lets you compare with other places on the map. So of course I had to compare Texas to the U.K. (I put London in the same general area as Houston)

post-118181-0-18729000-1465504333_thumb.png

I just compared that to a map of Texas online and if Houston is London then I appear live almost exactly in Abilene.

Well howdy there.

• Like 1

First off, I am pretty bummed they wont be doing DragonHeart this week. As someone who enjoyed the movie as a kid, subsequent viewings have indeed not been kind to the film.

Second, how dare they do another J.Lo movie that isn't Money Train.

• Like 1

I just compared that to a map of Texas online and if Houston is London then I appear live almost exactly in Abilene.

Well howdy there.

DFW is around where the D and M are in the "United Kingdom" label.

Also, in relation to Game of Thrones talk, the biggest disappointment for me over the last season and even heading into this far superior season, mainly stems from the show writers resorting to some pretty hacky plot devices and lazy character deaths.

Namely alot of the major character deaths this season have been by small daggers. Apparently tiny daggers are big theme this season.

Last seasons Dorne storyline was some of the worst writing i've seen on an otherwise spectacular show. Its pretty mindblowing how badly they botched that whole thing. They spent an endless amount of time hyping up the Sand Snakes before the season began, leading up to their terrible dialogue and to easily the most choreographed and laughable fight sequence in the entire series. Which is even more glaring considering it had to follow last seasons fight with the Hound and Brienne which was fucking amazing.

I'm partway through The Boy Next Door and it's reminding me a lot of The Guest from a couple of years ago, except I have the straaaaangest feeling I won't enjoy it as much.

Noah being in high school is on a par with the teenagers in Wet Hot American Summer, age-wise.

I'm partway through The Boy Next Door and it's reminding me a lot of The Guest from a couple of years ago, except I have the straaaaangest feeling I won't enjoy it as much.

You mean that amazing movie with Dan Stevens that made me suddenly find him attractive and made me buy a bunch of music from some amazing bands I had never heard of?

• Like 1