I'd love to see any Bowie concert during the early 70's. Also, at risk to my own health, a Sex Pistols show. I'm not the biggest fan, but I imagine it would be quite the event.

Never really listened to the Dismemberment Plan, but that song is pretty cool.

I love Ween (before Aaron got totally self-righteous and...lets face it...sober); Arctic Monkeys first two albums rock; anything that Maynard James Keenan has to do with; Damon Albarn is the same way. I'm a Pearl Jam fanatic ( too mainstream? I don't care, I grew up on Ten and VS). I just can't find any new stuff that gets to me though.

As far as concerts: Stones, Exile on Main Street Tour!

Time travel you say? Zappa (1980-1986 blows my mind). Little Feat. Wes Montgomery. Hendrix (with earplugs, but duh.) Ill probably get some hate but Phish circa 92-95 would be sweet. I can go on and on. My family has a music shop in Huntsville, AL (close to Muscle Shoals) so I grew up around instruments and musicians. I also cannot get away from The Drive By Truckers, The Dirty South is way up on my list of favorite albums ever.

Currently, I've been revisiting my metal albums (mostly maiden). On the "indie" tip, I'm into Blitzen Trapper, the District Attorneys (ATL based) and the Pollies. They have a nice mix of pop/indie with just enough production value. And none of them have that trite, affected "folk" look that so many bands have now. Why the fuck is it cool to look like you live in the great depression mumford and sons?

Also, if you like melancholy music (Im irish) check out Hurray For The Riff Raff. New Orleans is still turning out great bands.

• Like 1

I'd have to say the Steven Drozd era of The Flaming Lips is my favorite band that's currently active. They are fearless and you never know what they're going to turn out album from album.

Did you know they're reissuing Zaireeka, the 4-CD thing on LP? That's crazy. Who has 4 turntables, 4 amps, 8 speakers? And it'll probably come packaged in a giant gummy bear or some shit. I actually don't really enjoy them but like OPINIONS whatever; I dislike "wacky" crowd games like confetti cannons and hamster balls and shit. Come out and say "HELLLOOOO [insert name of city written on masking tape on stage monitor in front of vocalist]!!! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK" and then rock my tits off. That's all I ask of you.

I guess musically they are interesting but they do meh for me. And I get my fill from everyone else who listens to them anyways. Jesus, when Yoshimi came out that was like Bob Marley's "Legend" at a college dorm. Just inescapable.

Time travel concert, probably Can back in 1971 or '72. Or vintage Kraftwerk, check out the kids grooving to this:

No wait, I thought of one I'd give my left nut to see. The Monks. This is craymazing, what these guys were doing:

It's just insane how ahead of their time they were.

• Like 2

Yeah, a lot of people can't stand the Flaming Lips or associate them with just their radio "hits" and wacked out shows, but Drozd (their guitarist/keyboardist/studio bassist/studio drummer) does a lot of interesting stuff compositionally. I will be the first to admit that Wayne Coyne flat out cannot sing for shit. But they are more about the whole "sound picture" thing anyway.

I need to go take a shower because I said "sound picture" and feel gross now.

I really dig Love as well.

OH DAMN. That album is easily in my top 10. Sorta not related, but do you like Kevin Ayer's solo LPs? I feel like they mine similar musical territory.

That was some real bullshit about Arthur Lee being sent to prison in the late 90s due to California's shitty three strikes law.

Right now I'm listening to quite a lot of:

Burial

Radiohead / Atoms for Peace

Boards of Canada

Autechre

Tom Waits

Daniel Johnston

Mount Kimbie

Caribou

Which do you think I should buy on iTunes

Weird Al- AlPocalypse

That new Beach House album with the awesome Eric Wareheim directed music video

The new Daft Punk Album (not the biggest fan, but I really like what I've heard from it)

Black Francis - Non-Stop Erotik

Paley & Francis

Eric Wareheim's music videos are pretty awesome. The Diplo one felt a lot like the Tim & Eric show, but the Health one was fuckin' neato:

• Like 2

Wareheim is back with another video that crosses the line between funny, sexy and disgusting. I can't tell if those butts shaking are sexy, gross or kind of both.

Also, if you get caught watching this at work, you will be embarrassed.

I am not really jamming to any song in particular, but I love “Annie’s Song” and listen to it as often as possible. I also love my Beetles and Elvis and am a huge fan of Louis Armstrong because I love my Jazz real old school.

My favourite musician in the whole wide world, Beck, just announced the release of his first new record in six years. 2014's gonna be great.