🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
moldytoaster

I'm Still Here

The amazingly confusing mocumentary following Joaquin Phoenix's self destruction and his attempts at building a rap career.

This is on Netflix, which makes it great for us fans and the HDTGM crew. But also..

What the fuck is this movie?

They revealed it to be a joke upon its release. It seems like it starts that way, but the middle feels real, and there is no end. If it's a mockumentary, where Phoenix quits for a year, why did he then actually quit for a year. If it's not a mockumentary, then why would you film your brother in laws collapses into madness. I feel like it starts as a joke that hides some true feelings. Why make a mockumentary that mimics your own brothers demise? Why do they constantly point out the mainstream media knows this is a joke!? And if it's a joke write a good damn ending! When Phoenix goes back to his where he was raised in a cult there is no dialogue! Which would have actually been interesting!

I feel like this started as Phoenix wanting to pull the wool, but was based on true feelings. He got his brother in law to film it, then he let out more truth then he wanted and was like oh shit! We can't release this but it was too late to stop it so they edited it the best they could to make it look like the mockumentary as best they could, cutting out all of the ending and served us this steaming pile and then tried to convince us we were right all along in thinking there was no truth to it.

How did this get made!?

Sign in to follow this