🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 138 - The Boy Next Door (w/ Heather Anne Campbell, Ben Siemon)

So I just watched the French LOL and I have to say... shit actually made sense...

If you didn't take part in it, check out the LOL thread in Bad Movie Recommendations, it became it's own episode in a way. I still read it back from time to time, best thread ever.

• Like 2

Mind you, it could of been worse.

234jtj.jpg

30kawio.jpg

You get a car and you get a car!!!

• Like 1

I bet she plays the role of Dominic Toretto long lost mother!!!

Why wasn't jason mantzoukas not up for the role of the charactor with a beard.

149rvwx.jpg

I am more unhappy about that.

Yeah, but Kristofer Hivju is awesome as hell. He's in this Norwegian movie called

(link goes to trailer) that I've been waiting not-so-patiently to find on DVD/BRD in the US. I caught a screening of it at Fantastic Fest a couple years ago, and it's basically like Taken, but a really dark comedy. Hivju and Stellar Skateboard have a really great fight in it.

If you didn't take part in it, check out the LOL thread in Bad Movie Recommendations, it became it's own episode in a way. I still read it back from time to time, best thread ever.

I've read a bit of it but never have actually had the time to sit and go through all of those pages ahaha. I still haven't even seen the Miley version but they put the French one on Netflix so I thought "what the hell" and kinda really enjoyed it.

I can definitely see a bunch of French cultural things that would never translate well over here. Maybe (a hard maybe) if the adaptation had gone to an American and they had worked with Lisa Azuelos it would have actually worked.

But I still don't understand the point of the fucking chicken.

But I still don't understand the point of the fucking chicken.

I mean, I personally send a video of me fingering a chicken to all my potential dates. If they can't figure out that it's a chicken and not a vagina, then I know not to date them.

• Like 3

You guys.... OMG! I know this is going to be a bad time, but I couldn't resist!

I just got a new job, and while on break I went into the Dollar General next door and found this:

1kgttZk.jpg

I had to buy it... What's wrong with me?!

I mean... They even call it "Hilarious" in the description, so you know it's going to make awful jokes and try too hard... But I mean, come on.

ulLCLMS.jpg

• Like 3

I love that The Mind of Mencia season 2 is in the bargain bin of a dollar store.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, the joke-stealing, feature act bumping cockwomble.

• Like 2

Dammit! Where's the mini-episode! I'm fixing to powerbomb some motherfuckers now!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Dammit! Where's the mini-episode! I'm fixing to powerbomb some motherfuckers now!!

giphy.gif

Im so Euro Championship obsessed at the minute that I forgot the next mini episode was even due.

Im so Euro Championship obsessed at the minute that I forgot the next mini episode was even due.

Excellent matches today!

• Like 1

Excellent matches today!

Yep. Spain the first of the 'big' sides to look impressive.

I preferred a certain game from yesterday though. My nerves are fucked after that game.

Yep. Spain the first of the 'big' sides to look impressive.

I preferred a certain game from yesterday though. My nerves are fucked after that game.

Your nerves are gonna get destroyed next Tuesday.

• Like 1

Your nerves are gonna get destroyed next Tuesday.

God yeah. Hopefully and with a bit of luck, as other results go our way - which they seem to be at the minute, touch wood - we might already be through by then. And we used to be their bogey team. I still think we have better head to head stats against them, incredibly. Well at least we used to.

To Firsttime, the best of luck for your lot against the Tintin merchants today. I dont think its well known how much we appreciated the RoI's fans spontaneous tribute to Darren Rogers tragic accident. It made a hell of a good impression. For the first time ever there'll be quite a few (including myself) cheering on the Republic in places where it would have been unthinkable only weeks ago.

Theres a really good chance that all 4 British Isles teams getting through to the next round. Thats pretty damn unheard of. And also a bit of a sickener to the Scots who are sitting at home whinging about Coronation Street getting cancelled for the football and pretending that they dont give a fuck and feigning an interest in rugby or tennis or other minority sports.

• Like 2

To Firsttime, the best of luck for your lot against the Tintin merchants today.

cheers, think we are gonna need it. country really needs a good run in a competition .. brings the whole place to life.

and i think more people cheer for the both the north and south than people think. i was following their qualifiers and loved watching them in the euros so far. our teams share the same passion. i think they could get a result against the germans and move on. how amazing would it be if both irelands got through ... the whole island would go mad ...

and as for the fans ... im not just saying this cause im from here but i really think we have the best fans in the world ... the team might not always do well but the fans always do us proud. we're getting as much of a kick out of the press reports as anyone. and they were real tragedies what happen darren and the man who had a heart attack. all our thoughts go to their families.

I guess it's official. She's gotta play the Shaw mom, right?

I don't know. Surely they wouldn't add that character at the last minute. I still think that Charlize Theron is playing Shaw!Sister or Shaw!Wife.

My theory is that Mirren is the UK version of Hobbes, basically reprising her character from RED. She'll liaise with The Fast Family because Charlize is her white whale, the one that keeps getting away. She refuses to retire until Theron is captured or killed.

giphy.gif

Forgot one.

pTfFYhg.gif

To be fair, I couldn't find it, so I had to make it... You're welcome.

Oh no, that was originally in the queue but I went for the Comedy Rule of Three

• Like 1

Anton Yelchin died last night :(

2016 is hereby cancelled, unfollowed, blocked, and reported

If y'all haven't seen

, you should check it out. It's a fucking great genre film, and Yelchin was magnificent in it. It's the movie that made me think of him as something other than "New Chekhov."
  • Like 2

Still no mini-episode?! With the day I've had, I need the dulcet tones of Paul Scheer talking about how funny and intelligent we are on here.

It's been a bummer week for news. I saw a sidebar on the AV Club that said Yelchin died from a car crash, but that's not even entirely accurate; he was crushed by his own car that rolled down his driveway, which sounds like a terrible way to die. Not that there are good ones, but still.

I wonder what will become of his Star Trek role now; I remember back in 2009, Abrams was saying the producers wanted young actors on the Enterprise to ensure a healthy future for the franchise -- Yelchin was only 19 when he first played Chekov! I hope whatever post-production tribute they decide to hastily edit into the new Trek doesn't include a digital face swap.

Where's my bad movie podcast when I need it ( ; へ ; )

How much you want to bet they're going to do that Lifetime movie about lesbian vampires that James Franco produced?

• Like 2