🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
FisterRoboto

The Glass House (2001)

The idea of using brakes as a murder weapon reminded me a lot of a really shitty movie starring Leelee Sobieski and Stellar Skateboard:

• Like 2

I love that you have faulty brake murder on the mind.

What happened to Leelee Sobieski? I mean, she gets work, but it seems like her career never really took off. I remember when Eyes Wide Shut came out, there was some hype around this gorgeous girl who looked like a young Meryl Streep in Kubrick's new film. Five years later she was getting punched out by Nic Cage in Wicker Man and has only appeared in worse films since (including HDTGM fave 88 Minutes).

• Like 1

Strangely enough, this movie and Hardball came out three days after 9/11 happened and Diane Lane was actually in both of these things!

• Like 1

Strangely enough, this movie and Hardball came out three days after 9/11 happened and Diane Lane was actually in both of these things!

If I'm understanding you right, you're saying that Diane Lane caused 9/11?

If I'm understanding you right, you're saying that Diane Lane caused 9/11?

I was talking about that she had two movies on the same weekend, not the tragedy itself.

I dont know they do say that trouble comes in three's. So I think its a fair assessment to say that Diane Lane had a fairly significant role in 9/11.

• Like 1

This movie really is a trip. Its original cut was at 180 minutes, the theatrical cut was 74 min shorter which is a pretty staggering amount of movie to chop off something like this.

• Like 2

This movie really is a trip. Its original cut was at 180 minutes, the theatrical cut was 74 min shorter which is a pretty staggering amount of movie to chop off something like this.

What the fuck could have been in this movie to make it 3hrs long?! Is it just unedited long shots of child abuse or do they show Lelee's term paper being written out in real time? I always thought it was funny that the younger brother was hesitant to move in with this family until they showed him that they got him both a Nintendo 64 and a Playstation, then he was on board for whatever they wanted.

Joy rides definitely the better of the two.

Interesting thing about Joy Ride was it came out when DVDs were fairly new so the big advertising angle for them were the amount of special features they carried. Joy Ride oddly didn't have many until you realized that one of the three alternate endings it had on the disc was literally an entirely different final half of the movie. Basically after Paul Walker and Steve Zahn go into the diner naked, everything is changed. I was amazed that they considered 50 minutes of new material as an alternate ending rather than an alternate movie.

Guarantee they chopped out huge scenes with Chris Noth, also i'm sure theres hours of footage of Stellar Skateboard peering evilly around corners.

My favorite thing about Joyride is that they filmed scenes where she was ended up with either Paul Walker and Steve Zahn, so throughout the movie it just appears like they're all just in an open relationship.

Sign in to follow this