🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 64 - Knott's Scary Farm: Live from Largo

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all, including those who known the titles of his stand-up comedy albums, to a LIVE episode of Spontaneanation, recorded at the world-famous Largo at The Coronet! This week, Paul’s special guest is singer-songwriter Grant-Lee Phillips! They chat about which existing superhero Grant relates to, being a child magician, and Vincent Price. Paul is then joined by Stephanie Courtney, Colleen Smith, and Gary Anthony Williams to improvise a story set at Knott's Scary Farm. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Photos by Liezl Estipona.

The next live edition of Spontaneanation happens Saturday, August 6 at Largo at The Coronet! Join Paul & Eban as they welcome improvisors Dan Ahdoot, Tim Baltz and Tawny Newsome, and special interview guest Desmin Borges from You’re The Worst! Tickets are on sale now!

• Like 1

Dear unsolicited audience participation people: Cut it out!

Yay, Hitler is back! Wait, that sounded weird.

• Like 2

this episoe is fantastic.. one of the best in awhile...

the special guest was pretty funny and Gary Anthony Williams was hilarious..

great scene...

Wow one of the only times I was surprised by the episode ending. Usually they wrap everything up and kinda wind down towards the end but this improv felt like it could go for another hour!

Gary Anthony Williams is so delightful.

Any time he does an Uncle Ruckus-adjacent voice, I get irrationally excited.

• Like 1

I could listen to GLP and PFT doing a Vincent-Price-Off forever.

• Like 1

The guy shouting out was a mystery to me. If you're shouting out PFT's album titles, then you have to be a fan. But if you're a fan, then why would you shout out? It just doesn't make sense! Maybe i should collect more clues, I get the feeling that they would all lead to 4 Washington Lane.

• Like 2

I had to double check the featuring list to make sure that Grant-Lee Phillips wasn't an Andy Daly character.

• Like 1

This is now my favourite episode of this podcast. AND I LIKE THIS PODCAST!

Did anyone else notice that, in today's b-b-b-bonus episode of Comedy Bang Bang (ep #428), Scott had a virtually identical conversation with his guest about Face Microphones? They even played a game about how one's reference for a Face Microphone (Janet Jackson, Howard Jones, Madonna) is an indicator of one's age.

These two eps were recorded months apart, so is it just a coincidence? Was Scott primed by listening to this week's Spont before recording CBB? Do Scott and PFT share a spoooky mental connection (possibly cake-bug induced)?

• Like 1

Where do I send my pitch for an all-spokesperson live SPONT featuring Stephanie Courtney, Milana Vayntrub, Dan Van Kirk, and special guest Jonah Ray?

Where do I send my pitch for an all-spokesperson live SPONT featuring Stephanie Courtney, Milana Vayntrub, Dan Van Kirk, and special guest Jonah Ray?

On my TV as I read this - Matt Gourley VW commercial

• Like 2

On my TV as I read this - Matt Gourley VW commercial

I don't watch broadcast TV often, but I haven't seen or heard much about Volkswagen since the emissions scandal broke. Still, a glaring omission on my part.

I'm watching CBB and I just saw a CarMax commercial with Andy Daly!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this