🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!

Stephen King you've out done your self again, mission accomplished!

Cell (2016)

xldlz8.jpg

I guess you'll know what I watched last night and it was crazy.

it's a zombie movie caused by cell phones. that's really all you need to know, need I say more.

be sure to check out the next Stephen King horror movie, called

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN WINDOWS DOESN'T START!

• Like 1

I actually liked the book and the first two acts of this movie. The problem was that it seemed this movie ran out of funds before it could be finished, leading to the rushed ending. The book goes into a bit more detail about how a cyber attack could lead to cell phone users being turned into rage monsters a la 28 Days Later. I don't know why they added the idea that somehow Cusack mentally created the main monster in the movie, as that wasn't the case in the book, and that character was rather just a single human who is the leader of these monsters, though it is hinted at that the red hoodie man may have been the one who created the original pulse that started the whole ordeal. While the premise is a bit far-fetched I felt it works when considering things like governments spending money to develop sound weapons or use sonics against an enemy. Yet you could really tell the movie fell apart at the end as there were a lot less actual extras on screen and the CGI got pretty laughable, especially in the final scene.

• Like 2

:lol: President of the internet!!! hahahahaah Ohhhh man. I took this movie half-way seriously until that happened. lol he's like a caricature of millennials drawn by a grumpy old fart.

I feel like there was a decent scifi premise here that could have made for an interesting movie if it revolved around both the people who created it and some survivors, instead it just focused on the two elderly survivors and it felt more like an allegory of a failed cellphone obsessed generation.

:lol: President of the internet!!! hahahahaah Ohhhh man. I took this movie half-way seriously until that happened. lol he's like a caricature of millennials drawn by a grumpy old fart.

I feel like there was a decent scifi premise here that could have made for an interesting movie if it revolved around both the people who created it and some survivors, instead it just focused on the two elderly survivors and it felt more like an allegory of a failed cellphone obsessed generation.

That's what made me think that there wasn't a real budget for this movie because there was a larger, more well rounded cast, in the book. The Red Hoodie Man had more depth to him than just a static being, and actually communicated with the protagonists, and the third act had a lot more going for it.

That hilariously verbose refrigerator magnet message tho

UM1nXFgl.jpg

It was nice that there were just enough letters for the kid to include his middle name.

• Like 5

That hilariously verbose refrigerator magnet message tho

UM1nXFgl.jpg

It was nice that there were just enough letters for the kid to include his middle name.

My friend actually asked how many packs of magnets did they have to buy in order to make that message.

• Like 1

I never heard of this movie but Stephen King thinks it got a worse rep than it deserved so i found the trailer and it had potential but i am sure it is not good. I think this could be a great contender for HDTGM. I will add this movie to my nextflix disc queue.

Yeah I saw the interview today where he said this was the top of his films that deserves a second look from his fans, and I'm a huge King fan, but I can't bring myself to watch this again unless it's for the show. I stand by the first two acts being pretty good, especially the opening breakdown of society, but man does that final third really kill the momentum and plot.

I like most of his film adaptations even the worse ones like Night Flier or Langoliers. But this was just thoroughly joyless and not much fun. At least Langoliers had Bronson Pinchot to keep it interesting.

I like most of his film adaptations even the worse ones like Night Flier or Langoliers. But this was just thoroughly joyless and not much fun. At least Langoliers had Bronson Pinchot to keep it interesting.

I think Bronson thought he needed to actually be on coke to play the role of a coke-headish businessman. Night Flier would be another good one for the show if only to talk about how the makers of the movie I assume just gave each other the biggest high fives for the scene where the vampire pisses blood into a urinal, but the main character and the audience only see the stream as we're seeing it happen in a mirror.

Miguel Ferrera turned in a better performance for Night Fliers than it deserved.

Ever since I saw Langoliers I've slowly torn paper with a dopey look on my face in front of probably close to 200 friends and coworkers and not a single one got the reference.

• Like 2

Miguel Ferrera turned in a better performance for Night Fliers than it deserved.

Ever since I saw Langoliers I've slowly torn paper with a dopey look on my face in front of probably close to 200 friends and coworkers and not a single one got the reference.

Maybe you need to stab a blind kid for them to get the reference. Also, if you haven't read it yet there's a book called the Stephen King Film FAQ that gives a behind the scenes rundown of all the King adaptations up to a few years ago. This doesn't include the Dollar Baby student films based on his work, though they are mentioned, but you really get to see how much Dino De Laurentiis screwed up these adaptations by basically buying the rights before even some of the books were past the first draft.

• Like 1

I'll have to read that sometime it really is crazy to think about how many of his books have been adapted and the vast chasm of quality they span.

And the only problem is that while I can always find a spare piece of paper to rip, there are only so many blind telepathic teenagers you can find on any given day to stab.

I'll have to read that sometime it really is crazy to think about how many of his books have been adapted and the vast chasm of quality they span.

And the only problem is that while I can always find a spare piece of paper to rip, there are only so many blind telepathic teenagers you can find on any given day to stab.

Damn, well she wasn't the only one he shanked, so maybe go for someone else similar to his victims. A coworked and I have been talking about the influx of King adaptations this year and surprisingly they have been good, though it seems Dark Tower was more for fans than the general public. With Gerald's Game and 1922 coming out this month on Netflix and Castle Rock coming out on Hulu soon and Mr. Mercedes on right now, I'll be interested to see what gets picked up next. Also, if you haven't started watching Mr. Mercedes, catch up on it because it's fucking fantastic, and Brendan Gleeson being in it just makes it that much better.

Sign in to follow this