🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 289 - Unrealtors

Comedian Aparna Nancherla (Late Night with Seth Myers) is back to chart it up with Howard and Kulap! Hamilton, pre-fame Michael Shannon, and Aparna's new stand-up album "Just Putting It Out There" is discussed as they count down Stereogum's 5 Best Songs of the Week. Then, Howard gets into the challenges of reading comic books during the Movie Chart. Plus, we hear about Kulap's travels to Hawaii and stay tuned for another Summah Anthem from Howard!

The good thing about episodes where Howard or Kulap is missing is that when they're both back, it makes the show seem even better. I was almost taken by surprise by how much fun this was.

I wanted Hollywood Facts to play so bad after the Zayn discussion.

On a semi-related note, it took nothing more than the word "nice" to get that song stuck in my head all day today.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Kulap learned about ASMR when she was on NNF. I think it was her first episode, in the Players' Club.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Kulap learned about ASMR when she was on NNF. I think it was her first episode, in the Players' Club.

Sounds right, there definitely was a period of NNF where ASMR was discussed frequently. Probably not as much as a 7-11 sign, but still!

RE: this week's How To Act, I understand where Howard's coming from. There's a very noticeable politeness & social grace that you either have or you don't, & if you have it, it precedes you in the public "marketplace". If you don't have it, you wouldn't even be able to point it out in another person. It's all about having merely an average level of self-awareness when it comes to your own emission of noise pollution & how you're impacting other people's personal space, but I'd say 90% of people aren't even familiar with those concepts & it makes the rest of us feel like assholes when we become annoyed by their self-centered behavior.

"Hold the door for women, & the rest will just happen naturally." --Ebenezer Scrooge

Sign in to follow this