🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Most definitely. Especially when the 'english' english guy gets possessed. Jonesy ? Got that Jonesy ? And Morgan freeman's super casual descent into supervillain-like disregard for human life. I need to here Zouks quote his lines when he's about to fly the helicopter at the end.

Man, I haven't seen this in a long time, and the only thing I really remembered from it were Morgan Freeman's eyebrows, and those incredibly phallic alien worms.

Why hasn't this been done yet? Do Mantzoukas and Jason Lee hang out on weekends or something? This movie needs to be done

Maybe the most watchable terrible movie ever made. Damian Lewis's jaunty English accent, ass aliens, Donnie Wahlberg's Best Supporting Actor nomination reel, TOM SIZEMORE. "Dreamcatcher" is inevitable for How Did This Get Made. I am already excited to hear it.

I am not sure if this would make a great show or not. because the best shows are when paul and gang review films that they have never seen before. everyones seen this movie at one point or another so I am puzzed to see if this would work. I can see the appeal as it's got a strong WTF factor for a movie story line and over the top group of actors in it. but i am simply not sure. good thing it's not my show.

I haven't seen this movie, so I'm going to take it on faith you don't have Tourette's.

If he had Tourette's he could still type normal posts.

The description he posted, however? Spot-on accurate.

• Like 1

lets just do this already so we don't have to keep seeing this film posted here. LOL

I actually liked the movie and more so because it is based on a Stephen King novel and the movie has stuck to the writing in the novel pretty religiously.

This is the perfect movie for this podcast. One of the few movies where when it ended I said, "Well... I can't say it was good- but it was entertaining." I knew the movie was going to be crazy as soon as the "Six months later" title card came up.

My husband and I take pride in our bad movie collection. Our new pride and joy is Dreamcatcher. This movie always start endless discussions from how Morgan Freeman harvested caterpillars for his eyebrows to why a bunch of men meet up to honor some guy who is still alive and doesn't live that far away. And don't get us started on the worms ...

This is one of my top questions about this movie. The best part was that in the beggining, the red haired guy from Homeland sees Dobbins when he was crossing the street and is so startled by it that he gets hit by a bus. His friends all act completely shocked that he could have possibly seen Dobbins there. Then, later in the movie, it's established that Dobbins lives maybe 20 minutes away from where he was hit by the bus. I should also mention that it was a super busy city street with tons of people going there all the time.

My other big ones were:

1.) Dobbins body vs Mr. Grey's body. Mr. Grey is an 8 foot tall alien that can turn into a bunch of mini-particles to enter someone's body and not make them any bigger. At the end of the movie, he leaves Homeland dude's (HLD) body and HLD is totally fine - but then Dobbins turns into his gigantic alien form and does not leave a weird, leukemia ridden body on the ground. So he wasn't possessing someone like Mr. Grey, he specifically chose that form? And he aged and grew up as he got older?

Further, Dobbins was clearly on treatment for leukemia. He had medical equipment that was clearly given to him by doctors. That means that they must have performed extensive medical tests on him, right? How could they do that and not tell he was an alien? If they took his blood once would't they see something was weird? Also, if he was a giant alien, why didn't he stop those kids from stripping him naked and trying to feed him dog excrement?

2.) What was the significance of the Dreamcatchers? The only reason given was that they protected them from nightmares. Were they having nightmares? It seemed like they were the biggest goodie two shoes dorks on the planet when they were kids. The one who was played by Tina Fey even sang Blue Bayou to Dobbins as she cradled him in her arms. They certainly didn't seem nightmare plagued. So why name the movie after it?

3.) What impact did the military subplot with Freeman and Sizemore have on the plot at all? It literally was just in the movie to kill time. They didn't use it to explain the aliens, they didn't use it to stop the aliens, the main characters had no development from it whatsoever........I mean why even bother? They could have pulled all of it out and the movie would have been exactly the same plotwise.

4.) Why were Dobbins and Mr. Grey named that?

words

His name was Duddits. That way it could it could be construed as "I done it!" at the end. Also "aliens" have been referred to as "greys" for a long time- so "Mr. Grey" is a nice reference of that: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Grey_alien.

To answer everything else you said... yeah... it makes no sense.

• Like 1

Okay, you've all worn me down. Renting this on the way home tonight since I've seen Gymkata many times already, and Missus C&B owes me for all the Project Runway. I'll be reporting back in tomorrow.

Okay, you've all worn me down. Renting this on the way home tonight since I've seen Gymkata many times already, and Missus C&B owes me for all the Project Runway. I'll be reporting back in tomorrow.

You won't be disappointed.

I think this movie should be saved for when they get a really good guest host like my make a wish dream host Timothy Olyphant would be killer. or maybe they could get Morgan Freeman that would be great... i like Morgan Freeman I wish we would get to see him more in main stream films but just little camos, nothing too big. we don't get to see him that much anymore.... i think he should just pointlessly show up in movies.

This movie still remains the single best choice for HDTGM that is on this forum currently. Seriously, if you haven't seen this hunka junk, do yourself a favor. I've seen a ton of crazy ass movies -- we all have -- but I haven't spoken aloud "what the fuck" so many times in several years, probably since the very first time I saw The Room. At a certain point, Dreamcatcher is gonna need to happen.

I love this film. Like everything King churns out on the regular, it somehow gets greenlit before it's even written. It has waaaay too many characters. That's a weird thing, right off the bat.

"Did this guy just shit an alien out of himself...to death? I don't think I am reading this script properly. Like, my character totally figured out that that's what's happening?"

This movie is a mess as others stated but i watched it late at night and loved it the same.

This movie has an identity crises, it starts out as horror with the supernatural backstory. Then it goes into military mode and finally becomes a thriller where they have to stop the bad guy. Yet this movie is so creative and unique that I feel compelled to enjoy it. Seeing the fight inside someone's brain is truly original.

The feeling I get watching this movie is exactly what I feel whenever I've read his books. "What is happening and who wrote this shit?"