🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
engineerdoug

Episode 29 — Rascal Flatt-lining

It's summahtime and the livin' is easy! That's because we've got Oscar nominee Aimee Mann in studio and not even terrible L.A. traffic can stop this show from happening! Aimee dishes on music based reality T.V. and pervy bus drivers with the Billboard Digital Album chart, and with the movie chart we explore the songwriting possibilities of Four Loko plus penguins. In honor of our penguin friends at the box office, Hermes the Chart Goose drops by to get Aimee talking about her visit with the Obama family and her love of boxing. Hear Howard's summah gum choice and get an explanation of Green Lantern from Kulap this week on Who Charted?!

Now I really can't wait for Paul F. Tompkins to be on again so Howard can call him "Suit Magoo!"

I want the sloppy timmy slotspin song to play at my funeral, never fails to fill me with glee, thank you so much Howard.

Seriously Kulap? You haven't seen The Big Lebowski? I don't see how Scott could allow this to happen!!!!!!!! Have you also not seen Fargo?

p.s. Horace Mann, Terrance Mann, Michael Mann, Charles Mann (NFL)..............

Utterly charming episode, as usual, only moreso. I will have to drop some change on this series, at least...though to eventually never hear the Airplane Song again on BANG BANG seems poignant, somehow. All sympathies with Howard in the lingering Mann-crush...and here's the fact-check of the episode...Myanmar is what the current dictators want us to call Burma...the Kampuchea of that country. Thanks, folks, for one of the most consistently, again, charming as well as funny of podcasts.

@Todd:
And Burma is just the name the British colonialists (i.e. dictators) called the place.
Before the British conquered what is now Myanmar, the state didn't exist, but rather a number of smaller, independent kingdoms.
So there is really no politically correct way of addressing that state, as both Myanmar and Burma stand for decades of oppression and human rights violations.

Saw Supa 8 today in an empty theatre no less (my life goal has finally been completed!). It'd have been a perfect summah movie if it wasn't for the alien. A bunch of kid enjoyin' their summah making a monsta movie and then that fuckin' alien comes and ruins it.

Indc: Fair cop...though all countries are created, much less named, via some sort of dictatorship. Renaming at one's own whim is just being, shall we put it, demonstrative. Thailand is another example that is problematic, as there are others ethnicities aside from Thais traditionally residing in what once was commonly referred to as Siam, at least in Anglophone circles...but all is matters of degree.

Great ep and excited to hear I have the same shower curtain as Howard. It's like being in geography class every time I'm on the pot.

[attachment=1639,37]

Another great episode, I really like it when you guys have musicians on. Might I suggest Ted Leo as a future guest?

(By the way, if anyone is interested in hearing the live on-air Four Loko party Aimee Mann was talking about, you can listen to it here: http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=38443&archive=65627 . It's a fascinating, hilarious descent into madness, it starts off as a regular Best Show with guests John Hodgman and John Roderick, by the halfway mark everyone is pretty buzzed, and by around the two hour mark Tom is fully black-out drunk.)

I haven't been able to download it and it's not even listed on their soundcloud site.

Also, I swear I didn't finally register just to complain.

@Bill - Howard is not powerless without Kulap; he was intimidated because of his boy-to-adulthood crush on Aimee Mann.

Sign in to follow this