🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 - Televangelist's Studio

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone standing, sitting, or lying down listening to this week's episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is Sam Richardson of HBO's Veep! They chat about how Sam defines magic, when is the perfect time to do the splits, and buses full of girls. Paul is then joined by Hal Lublin, Annie Savage and Victor Yerrid to improvise a story set in a Televangelist's Studio. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next live edition of Spontaneanation happens Saturday, August 6 at Largo at The Coronet! Join Paul & Eban as they welcome improvisors Dan Ahdoot, Tim Baltz and Tawny Newsome, and special interview guest Desmin Borges from You’re The Worst! Tickets are on sale now!

Such a hilarious episode! A particularly absurd and fun monologue! Loved all the Harry Potter talk, and Paul's not-getting-it-but-not-knocking-it perspective as a non-fan and Eban repeatedly thinking he was done playing Harry Potter music and then starting up again. That council was the greatest thing!

• Like 5

With all the talk of magic on today's SPONT, I knew Eban was going to play the Swan Lake song which sounds like Harry Potter that he uses all the time and he did not disappoint.

Previously on "Me commenting about Eban and the Swan Lake Song"

epsilon 36, A dinner theater- "Did Eban keep playing the Harry Potter Theme song? Or am I going crazy? "

episode 55, Land Rover- "Also finally realized that eban hasn't been throwing in the Harry Potter Theme and it is actually the Swan Lake main theme which sound very similar"

really love Sam Richardson on Veep, nice to see he isnt anything like his character. Very smart and funny. Good interview. Can do magic and the splits. who would have thought?

great intro bit by Paul. A little different than usual. Normally Paul riffs on a couple topics but i really liked this one with the slowly evolving short story about his childhood:

Annie Savage has cemented her spot on the best laugher list

Love any episode where PFT gets to use his "Ultra Gravelly Redneck" voice

• Like 1

Hal's old man voice is amazing.

• Like 2

With all the talk of magic on today's SPONT, I knew Eban was going to play the Swan Lake song which sounds like Harry Potter that he uses all the time and he did not disappoint.

I'm 99% sure Eban also got some ACTUAL Potter music in there this time as well!

But more importantly, when PFT was talking about how Potter isn't his thing, Eban started playing a certain other John Williams piece from a movie that IS, in fact, PFT's thing, and nobody seemed to notice. :D

Also, I too remember high school theatre calling it "play practice" and I can't believe it took me until this episode to realize how silly that is.

• Like 2

On an almost unrelated note, on the far right of the episode picture, there appears to be a small child's fan letter to Who Charted, complete with drawings, and it is most adorable. Yay high resolution images!

Best opening monologue i can remember. I should say that I may not remember episode 64 even though I just listenend to it yesterday #kidding #notkidding #yourguessisasgoodasmine #hashtaggingwhenitdoesntmatter #whendoesitreallymatter #someonepleasesstopme

Sign in to follow this