🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 138.5 - Minisode 138.5

I watch most of the movies but this looks bad bad, I think I might sit this one out. Glad I didn't watch Boy Next Door. I also literally didn't know that guy was in anything but Boondock Saints.

Hopefully HDTGM never does that movie cause its straightup awesome.

False.

That's one of those movies all my friends tried to get me to see in high school. "Oh, you're into violent indie films. Boondock Saints is the best! You'll love it!"

I bought it on VHS for $4 at a Blockbuster Video (yes, that's a very old and outdated sentence). And I hated every second of it. I love genre film, but that one just feels like someone watched Tarantino and was like, "Oh, I'm going to do that but without any of the story elements or characterization that makes early Tarantino interesting."

"Well, what will you replace it with?"

"I don't know. Just add in even more fucks. IT'LL BE HILARIOUS!"

Also, Sean Patrick Flannery was fucking Powder, bro.

(And Young Indiana Jones)

False.

That's one of those movies all my friends tried to get me to see in high school. "Oh, you're into violent indie films. Boondock Saints is the best! You'll love it!"

I bought it on VHS for $4 at a Blockbuster Video (yes, that's a very old and outdated sentence). And I hated every second of it. I love genre film, but that one just feels like someone watched Tarantino and was like, "Oh, I'm going to do that but without any of the story elements or characterization that makes early Tarantino interesting."

"Well, what will you replace it with?"

"I don't know. Just add in even more fucks. IT'LL BE HILARIOUS!"

I think its for me a bit like Bloodsport; I know its poorly written and there are alot of really obvious elements that take you out of the narrative, but when you see it when you're younger you don't notice, and when older you can enjoy it ironically or just the fun of it where you don't care about the crap. It's in that sweet spot of something that's trying but not quite getting there, but the sincerity of trying comes through. Which I guess is the charm of alot of older action movies. There's a documentary somewhere about the director, who had never done anything in film before, he just wrote a one off script and got given a shitload of money and control and went mental. And the movie feels like that: a fever dream of some Irish Catholic assassins killing all the bad guys. It's not The Departed, but its not supposed to be deeper than that. I loved Machete for the same reason, same with Shoot Em Up or Punisher Warzone. They work cause it doesn't stink of irony or 'im above this' like Lake Placid and alot of other films do. They know what they are and they just do it and its fun.

Plus Willem Dafoe is insane in it, even without a murder apron.

• Like 1

I hate everything about Boondock Saints, but I think that's partly because I liked it when I first watched it when I was 18, then watched it again with a friend and was thinking the whole time, "what the fuck? This 'movie' is fucking awful!" It reminds me of how wrong I can be and, as an Internet Elitist, that makes me uncomfortable.

Also, Simply Irresistible is a movie in which Sarah Michelle Geller is insecure about her skin and overall physical appearance. This requires WAY more suspension of disbelief than a wish-granting crab and orgasm-inducing lunches.

• Like 3

I'm pretty disappointed in all of us for forgetting about this classic

EDIT

JUST KIDDING! I saw jarrycanada's post going back through. No longer disappointed in us!

I'll replace that classic theme with my new favorite video of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PajkqfvMP4

• Like 5

Plus Willem Dafoe is insane in it, even without a murder apron.

Nothing to do with Boondocks Saints, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say...

Shithead.

• Like 1

That's what makes it such a great song. Technically it's about Scott Baio babysitting a group of kids who he should not be sleeping with, but he probably is.

"Of my days AND my nights."

*looks up Charles In Charge on IMDB* oh, okay that does sound quite wrong. a teenage boy just randomly left in charge of kids. Here in Britain we stuck to much safer ground. Like Allo Allo which was wall-to-wall racial stereotypes, sexual innuendo and kinky cross-dressing Nazis. If that didn't do it for you there was always The Brittas Empire: a sit-com set in a leisure centre where the inept manager put his staff and clients in constant risk of death and the receptionist kept her child LOCKED IN A CUPBOARD FOR THREE SERIES

• Like 1

We would be remiss if we didn't include this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w

One time here in Edmonton when I was a kid we had one of the cast members of "Hawaii Five 0" showed up at our school. we had a big gymnasium magic moment when all of the kids in the school got to go out and meet him. I was really young at the time and remember thinking at the time who the fuck are you? I don't think we where at the time that old to even know who the hell anyone was from the cast of Hawaii Five 0 was.

I can't remember for the life of me to this day who the hell that guys was, but he said he was a member of the cast of Hawaii Five 0 and it was a big deal for our school.

It was kind of sad.

it was on the level of this guy from threes company showing up at your school!

r6w8rm.jpg

Hey you all remember this guy don't you all children!

FUCK NO!!!

• Like 2

Is Simply Irresistible worth the $3.99 on Amazon video? I really enjoy keeping up with the movies but I'm also a poor sap who really wants to spend money wisely.

• Like 1

Is Simply Irresistible worth the $3.99 on Amazon video? I really enjoy keeping up with the movies but I'm also a poor sap who really wants to spend money wisely.

That's actually a tough question...

It is terrible! However, that being said, I don't think I've said "What is happening?" more in any other HDTGM movie.* Literally, and I'm not being hyperbolic, every minute I turned to my wife and was like, "Wait! What?" So, it's really up to you...If you like that in your HDTGM movies, then I think it's worth it.

Also, and someone may need to confirm this, but I think it might be up on YouTube in its entirety...

*I haven't seen EVERY movie they've done, but I have seen most of them.

• Like 1

if youre wondering what that noise was and why the earth moved ... ireland just beat italy to qualify for the second round of the euros and the whole country just went nuts ... i might go missing for a few days ... im going skating!!!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13925-1385146574-9.gif

• Like 5

Muppet songs are 10/10. It's almost a given to have them in the Greatest of All Time in a variety of categories (e.g. variety shows, theme songs, etc.)

And, of fucking course, the most masterful, cheesy, and exceptionally 90s of intros. I do love it so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

This theme song scared the HELL out of me as a kid. Even without the weird intro visuals that accompanied it. Just something about it.

Finally watching the show as an adult, it still kind of does and the visuals are so bizarre (namely the stretching face) that it still kind of unnerves me!

Last post: any idea if the new ep will still land on Friday, or will it be delayed to Monday?

How long do we think it will take for someone to make a joke about the old guy giving SMG crabs? I mean, it's right there.

• Like 2

Congratumalations to everyone, we all won...

But Paul's still getting powerbombed

ze9dAlf.gif

• Like 2