🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBoberts

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

This movie didn't do well but has started to gain a following over the past 9 years. It seems that people were so used to terrible spoofs like Epic Movie, Scary Movie 4 and the like that this kind of slid by when in theaters. Is anyone else a fan of this movie?

• Like 4

I'm a fan, but if I was going to put a movie of that ilk up for the Canon I'd rather it be Anchorman or Superbad or The Hangover

• Like 2

YOU NEVER PAID FOR DRUGS.

NOT. ONCE.

• Like 1

Love it, the case I WOULD make for is that it's the best parody film of the 2000s. Unfortunately, there's a film called Black Dynamite.

• Like 2

Love it, the case I WOULD make for is that it's the best parody film of the 2000s. Unfortunately, there's a film called Black Dynamite.

"But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community!"

Just rewatching some scenes from this, I forgot how much of a master parody this is. Recycled stock footage, odd soliloquies, actors saying stage directions and script notes as lines, delayed camera movement, boom mics in frame. If we wanted to do a modern parody or mock-movie, this has to be the one.

• Like 1

There's definitely room for a good parody movie in the canon. Either of these would make a great discussion.

There's definitely room for a good parody movie in the canon. Either of these would make a great discussion.

I think in the modern era (post Scary Movie), yes these or one of the more recent Guest films would be great. As far as all-time parody/spoof/mock works, I think we'd have to look at Brooks, ZAZ, or This Is Spın̈al Tap.

• Like 1

Definitely would like it if AIRPLANE!, Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein were nominated. The mockumentary could be its own slightly separate category. Spinal Tap seems like a shoe-in against anything else, unless you made a versus with Best in Show or A Mighty Wind maybe. How do people feel about Fear of a Black Hat? It's always been a favorite but I feel it was overshadowed by the bigger budget but not as good CB4 coming out the same year.

• Like 1

Walk Hard definitely great movie, and one of the few genuinely good modern day parodies, but I don't think it's an important movie.

Please no. If we're going to get John C. Reilly into The Canon Eternal, Could we start with Hard Eight/Sydney?

Sign in to follow this