🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 139 - Matt Besser, Our Crossovered Friend

Page 6 feels like it's too late to offer original insight on the ep. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself. I assure they are both penetrating and witty. You'd really like them if you heard them. Instead I'll punch up this comment:

SPONSORED POST

This thread is brought to you by Podcasts Are Wonderful. Each week on the show, Greggy Hockstetler invites a celebrity guest (played by his son Alex) to review a different podcast, resulting in conversations that are as heartfelt as they are hilarious. Subscribe to Podcasts Are Wonderful on iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts. Episode 77 is a personal favorite of me, Dan Eglar.

SPONSORED POST

This thread is also brought to you by Chanson, who, like the Lonely Island, might be on a boat. Also, possibly not on a boat.

SPONSORED POST

This thread is also brought to you by Trends With Benefits, the podcast where host Gabe Danon and his special guests dish about the hottest trends on social media, along with interns Agata and July. Recorded live at Danon Studios, with production by Gabe Danon and web design by Gabe Danon. Subscribe to Trends With Benefits on iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts. It is very funny, like episode 77 of PAW, again, my personal favorite.

SPONSORED POST

This thread is also brought to you by Adam Sachs Snack Attacks, a new subscription service that is like the "LegalZoom of NatureBoxes". Each month, our team of hunger management experts ship a diversified portfolio of snack options directly to your door. Simply eat the snacks you like and donate the remaining tax-deductible portion to a 501(​c)(3) organization. Use promo code SCROMNOMNOM at checkout to receive your first month free. Also see my 'GoFundMe' page as I've recently hit some financial difficulties.

[THIS SPACE FOR SALE]

CONTACT ME FOR AFFORDABLE ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. You can reach me with your hand if you are close or via smoke signals if you are further away.

• Like 12

happy birthday, ashley!!! i am so jealous of how funny and cool u are. i wish I could be just like u! have a great birthday being really popular and successful! i love you!

• Like 18

What do you call an electronic reading device that is also an American comedian from New York City who resides in Los Angeles?

Andy Kindle

• Like 16

happy birthday, ashley!!! i am so jealous of how funny and cool u are. i wish I could be just like u! have a great birthday being really popular and successful! i love you!

I like the podcast you do with Jeffrey. Remember back when y'all talked about Becker?

I think part of the reason Becker might have been poor is that while bigoted about people with different lifestyles to him Becker doesn't believe that only the rich deserve health care.

Evidence from your podcast: One of the characters said (paraphrasing) Becker is an asshole but what stops him from being a complete asshole is that he is a good doctor. I believe by "good doctor" she meant Becker isa good person when it comes to doctor stuff.

He paid for child with AIDs treatment.

I think Becker lets some payments slide.

• Like 12

how many of you HHeads have a Heil subscri- erm.. I mean, HOWL subscription yet?

On last week's thread I made this post:

Congratulations to Adam Buxton and the gang at "The Adam Buxton Podcast". Big congrats to "Black Girl Nerds". Congratulations to the folks at "Casefile". "Hollywood Handbook", I know this one, Sean Clements congrats on all the hard work. I know a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this, now here's your reward. Congrats man. The gang at NPR's "Invisibilia" do great work, great to see them rewarded; congrats. Congratulations to everyone involved at "Love Me". Congratulations to the "Off Camera" crew. "On The Media"? More like On The Podmass. You made it, guys. Congrats. Congratulations to Adolf Hitler of the Nazi party. "Revisionist History", you guys just made history, congratulations to you. Dan Savage, of the "Savage Lovecast", congrats to you big guy. "Scriptnotes"! A long time coming. Congratulations. "Siblings Peculiar", congratulations, folks. "Sleep With Me" wow, saucy title, congratulations on all the success. You made it "Stuff You Missed In History Class". Nice job. Congratulations. Chana Joffe-Walt at "This American Life", congrats.

And last but not least: Congrats to the AV Club on yet another great podmass feature. I love podcasts.

Eagle eyes will have noticed that I congratulated Adolf Hitler in this post, as a test, and quite rightly withheld their likes. That name might be familiar to you. He was a famous Nazi. Nazi sympathisers will have liked the post and yes I have called the police. Now with all this "heil" stuff cropping up, I'm almost ready to bid this podcast and forum a dude (cool new way to say "adieu").

• Like 20

uhh sheesh (pulls on collar, steam comes out) ... maybe I can lighten the mood around here with a little topical memeage:

BMKsnDC.jpg

• Like 9

Sigh. Double post. Proving how bad I am at computering.

• Like 6

Hey Auden, this is great. You should add stuff to the wiki (©nohorseman®™<3) if you want: http://hollywoodhand..._Handbook_Wikia

Thanks, silvrwoman!

The Hollywood Handbook Wikia is awesome. I've used it frequently myself. Sadly, I'm very stupid with computer stuff and it'll take me ages to learn how to edit a wiki (me posting on forums is pretty much the extend of my computer prowess). But whoever wants to repost the stuff in my post to the Wikia, please feel free.

If we want to delve a bit more into the Nazi conspiracy, one could say that HH is an abbreviation for the salute to the genocidal dictator. But it couldn't be, Beverly from Ronna & Beverly would've stamped out any real or imagined signs of Nazism at Earwolf. By the way, I would dearly love for Hayes and Sean (not "Hayes" and "Sean") to be on Ronna & Beverly.

Chris Bannon's tetraphobia is odd. It's usually seen in East Asian cultures. Maybe it's the content ninja in him.

Sean mentioned that many "greasers, stoners, dweebies and burners," listen to I4H. Good on the show for capturing the 50s teens demographic.

i1za82.jpg

• Like 8

And hearing Andy on The Best Show, made me realize I could use a another great intern Andy (not the same Andy K. but same first names) episode!

http://hollywoodhand...wiki/Andy_Kneis

wow the fan response is overwhelming looks like we'll have to do what they say huh Hayes and Sean yeah better do another episode immediately before we have a mutiny on our hands right guys haha OK well talk to you soon bye

• Like 21

I'm almost ready to bid this podcast and forum a dude (cool new way to say "adieu").

I wish someone would bid me a dude, amirite ladies??????

• Like 14

hi ashley, happy birthday! I wanted to get you something that expressed the rollercoaster that is our friendship. I mean one week we're hitting all the clubs and snapchatting til the wee hours of the morning and the next we're hacking each others facebook and leaving garbage on each others steps. What IS the DEAL with us?(seinfeld) anyway I found a couple things that I think encompass the full spectrum of our shared mania. I hope you have a great day and please know that I love you but I will still be ringing your doorbell at 3am and running away.

1st gift:

BYKclyX.jpg

2nd gift:

vySeWyN.jpg

cheers!

• Like 14

Bid a dude, what is this, a genderbent Mayor of Casterbridge??? That Tom Hardy's lips though... mmm

• Like 7

I'm boycotting this podcast for the next 5, not because of all the Nazi themed propaganda flying around, but because its been so long since Andy Kneis has been on the show. Sean and Hayes please to do the right thing and bring your intern back.

• Like 19

I now realize that the infamous song, "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, Chili'ssssss, baby back ribs", was really about wanting Andy back on HH. The song was literally before it's time.

• Like 15

Just FYI: Leesa mattresses aren't as delicious as Casper Mattresses. I'd stick to Casper chunks for dinners.

I only eat Casper chunks after he's chased me through a maze for five minutes and then I ate a really big pill.

(This is a callback to a long time ago when I said I had Pac-Man fever.)

• Like 6

i know someone else already did a video but i got my favorite rapper to make a special birthday song for my friend ashley, may you live forever

• Like 20

#WeNeedKneis

The dream is, Andy Kneis and Andy Kindler.

#2Andy'sonhollywoodhandbook

• Like 11

Besser is a pro. started out pushing back like he wasn't having any of it, then slowly got into playing the game. Classic bit asking how long the show was 25 minutes in. But Matt did have his shit buss up a few times. Another victory 4 H&S!

z%20hh%20Kansas%20work.jpg

happy birthday ashley! & i remember talking to Andy kneis on a call-in episode. a true gentlemen

• Like 15

The dream is, Andy Kneis and Andy Kindler.

#2Andy'sonhollywoodhandbook

#improv2andys

Wait, no.

• Like 16

#improv2andys

Wait, no.

Chris Bannon would rather it be "Improv To People Named Andy"

• Like 13