🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139 - Simply Irresistible

haha, no breakages or injuries, a perfectlly executed spot.

However, if you want to see a breakage (and I don't know if you would, or why you would), there was a guy named Sid Vicious, he was wresting in WCW in 2001 and the people in charge of WCW said to him "You need to do more flashy movies, you need to broaden your repetoire, so we want you to do more aerial moves". And they decided upon him jumping off the second rope and land a kick on his opponent. Sid didn't want to do the move, and they basically said "Well, I guess you don't want to work here anymore" and they coerced him into doing the move.

Well, Sid Vicious is 7' tall, and weighed around 320lbs, and all that landed on one leg, which snapped in half as soon as he landed, it's one of the most graphic injuries in history, absolutely brutal.

Is it worse than Kevin Ware's injury?

Is it worse than Kevin Ware's injury?

I'm English, so I don't know who that is, but after reading it, It's very similar.

There's another one, an English footballer by the name of David Busst, who broke his leg so badly, there was blood on the pitch, and Peter Schmeichel (the opposing goalkeeper) apparently went into counselling after seeing it.

I thought June was Jane Krakowski then... oooh, good name for a show "June and Jane"

Wait, I just thought of something... What if it's finally Dreamcatcher!?

Taylor Anne, don't you get my hopes up!

My dream HDTGM movie is a bit less ambitious, like The Amazing Spider-Man 2. But good gawd almighty would I love to finally have a reason to watch Dreamcatcher.

• Like 2

Taylor Anne, don't you get my hopes up!

My dream HDTGM movie is a bit less ambitious, like The Amazing Spider-Man 2. But good gawd almighty would I love to finally have a reason to watch Dreamcatcher.

I watched Dreamcatcher for the forth or fifth time again. it's still a great movie!!!!

That film has got everything, it's almost like con-air. it can't make it's mind up of what it wants to be, a horror film, drama, action thriller. a love story!!!

Morgan Freeman you are a Harkonnen!

dreamcatcher-eyebrows.jpg

• Like 1

2rw2ern.jpg

I just wanted to post this picture, no real reason, it makes me smile.

he would of been great in dreamcatcher

• Like 4

i wanted to capture the spirit of the most AMERICA!!! movie I could think of in to a GIF to celebrate the 4th with my american friends. so i came up with this ... have a good weekend. hope the sun shines and the beers flow .... if you're into that sort of thing

i feel the need, the need for ...

epj5lj.jpg

#topbuns

• Like 7

Wait, I just thought of something... What if it's finally Dreamcatcher!?

BnICffW.gif

I will never NOT post this when Dreamcatcher is brought up...even if it's not on this message board.

P.S. I could have sworn there was a HDTGM episode about Alien: Resurrection...But apparently I was mistaken?

• Like 1

i wanted to capture the spirit of the most AMERICA!!! movie I could think of in to a GIF to celebrate the 4th with my american friends. so i came up with this ... have a good weekend. hope the sun shines and the beers flow .... if you're into that sort of thing

i feel the need, the need for ...

epj5lj.jpg

#topbuns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyN8VN4BSzM

Ohh fuck i forgot it's 4th of July day. and there is only one way to really celebrate it.

your welcome

I don't like burritos.

I'm late to the party, but man...are you dead inside?

• Like 2

I'm late to the Rate the Marvel Universe's Attractiveness party, but I would just like to put in my two cents... the only real contest I have to decide between is Chris Evans and Tom Hiddleston, who are constantly wrestling each other in vats of Olive Oil in my mind for the title of Most Attractive Superhero. It's pretty savory.

In the comics, oh She-Hulk, I could never turn my back on you...

• Like 2

I'm late to the party, but man...are you dead inside?

Hot damn, another one! It's as if I wrote "I voted for Brexit." I just want to live (without burritos. And tacos)!

• Like 4

Hot damn, another one! It's as if I wrote "I voted for Brexit." I just want to live (without burritos. And tacos)!

Sure. If you can call that living...;)

• Like 6

haha, no breakages or injuries, a perfectlly executed spot.

However, if you want to see a breakage (and I don't know if you would, or why you would), there was a guy named Sid Vicious, he was wresting in WCW in 2001 and the people in charge of WCW said to him "You need to do more flashy movies, you need to broaden your repetoire, so we want you to do more aerial moves". And they decided upon him jumping off the second rope and land a kick on his opponent. Sid didn't want to do the move, and they basically said "Well, I guess you don't want to work here anymore" and they coerced him into doing the move.

Well, Sid Vicious is 7' tall, and weighed around 320lbs, and all that landed on one leg, which snapped in half as soon as he landed, it's one of the most graphic injuries in history, absolutely brutal.

Goddamn dude, I still can't get that image out of my head of seeing that leg bend like it was a crushed can. What's worse is that they had him writhing in pain for a couple minutes just so they could finish that shitty match.

Goddamn dude, I still can't get that image out of my head of seeing that leg bend like it was a crushed can. What's worse is that they had him writhing in pain for a couple minutes just so they could finish that shitty match.

The worst part for me was his foot just flopping around, indepentant of his body.

Even to this day, I have a bit of a wince when guys jump off the top rope and land on their feet. Wade Barrett talked about how much he hated ladder matches, because of what happened to Sid.

The worst part for me was his foot just flopping around, indepentant of his body.

Even to this day, I have a bit of a wince when guys jump off the top rope and land on their feet. Wade Barrett talked about how much he hated ladder matches, because of what happened to Sid.

Yeah watching matches like Money In the Bank or the random ladder matches \even though I know the ladders that are broken are stunt-rigged, it still has to hurt like a bitch. I mean I literally winced watching Kevin Owens being slammed on the narrow side of a ladder, I mean there is basically no way to protect yourself from that hurting like hell.

b51.gif

Yeah watching matches like Money In the Bank or the random ladder matches \even though I know the ladders that are broken are stunt-rigged, it still has to hurt like a bitch. I mean I literally winced watching Kevin Owens being slammed on the narrow side of a ladder, I mean there is basically no way to protect yourself from that hurting like hell.

b51.gif

Not to mention that Mania spot

tumblr_o54828s4901sbzhteo1_400.0.gif

Sure. If you can call that living... ;)

hdu. come at me bruh

wk1lyc.gif

• Like 4

Apparently Jeopardy is confused about this as well

Pm23RhG.jpg

i was on the HDTGM twitter feed last night and this must have just happened on tv cause there was about 10 screen grabs in under a minute .. there is definitely a cross over in fans between HDTGM and Jeopardy. ... wonder if Mr. Trebek would like to guest ... and what movie would he pick?

• Like 4

i was on the HDTGM twitter feed last night and this must have just happened on tv cause there was about 10 screen grabs in under a minute .. there is definitely a cross over in fans between HDTGM and Jeopardy. ... wonder if Mr. Trebek would like to guest ... and what movie would he pick?

It was literally yesterday's episode! I missed it cause I went straight from work to the Drive-In but I almost spit out my drink when I saw it today.

I've been such a Jeopardy nerd since childhood so I would be over the moon if they got Alex on the podcast.

• Like 4