🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 140 - Sharon Horgan, Our Close Friend

typical woman, can't get knobs off her mind.

this is your basic reversal of hetero-normative stereotypes joke.

sorry i didn't explain it to you to begin with.

carry on.

• Like 7

This was fun. Sharon was great, best example of a minimalist approach to podcasting I've ever heard

Also what about Ron Howard as the ultimate corker of a guest? H&S could for sure make it work and have it be fun for all. I mean he's right there on the sticky note of the HH logo. Just saying that would be huge

• Like 1

Q: You walk into a local pub. You notice that several of your friends are sitting at the bar. They raise their glasses and one of them cheerily calls you a wanker. How do you respond?

a) Cheerio, Guv'nor!

B) Wot's all this then?

c)Ay-up!

d) Wotcha

e) hot dog go to bathroom

• Like 4

Q: You walk into a local pub. You notice that several of your friends are sitting at the bar. They raise their glasses and one of them cheerily calls you a wanker. How do you respond?

a) Cheerio, Guv'nor!

B) Wot's all this then?

c)Ay-up!

d) Wotcha

e) hot dog go to bathroom

I have to go with " B) Wot's all this then?" Any reaction that involves sunglasses and a smirk has to be the best response.

• Like 4

I'm sorry to have to destroy you like this but...

Joe Lilweenie

lmao

• Like 8

Finally finished this ep on my way home from work. I can't listen to podcasts or even surf the Web at work because my job sucks.

I need a new job.

Maybe writing jokes for Hayes and Sean?

Gotta be better than the jokes Tom wrote, right guys?

• Like 15

If you had asked me to provide a popcorn gallery q I would have asked her what her favourite 80s action tv show was and if it's horgan's heroes.

• Like 10

WHAT IF brett gelman was on hollywood handbook instead of being on CBB and hey am I a racist. think about THAT

• Like 16

In honor of the new "Bleed For This" Miles Teller trailer, my favorite joke on the subject by our very own Mikey B:

Miles Teller? I'm no car buff, but I just call it an odometer.

Please press the little curved arrow on the left and heart the original post, or leave a review.

• Like 8

Hey guys, here's a real hidden gem I'd love to see on the show.

Seans Ira Glass impression from Reality Show Show. It was amazing and way too good to be used once

• Like 6

lol sike was just checking if you guys knew your stuff. It was Hayes Ira Glas impression

• Like 6

lol sike was just checking if you guys knew your stuff. It was Hayes Ira Glas impression

you cheeky bugger

oh god i hope the forum doesn't find out I've been british all this time

Edited by SteveH
  • Like 6

you cheeky bugger

Your secret is safe with me you poor old sod. Kudos for sticking with the forums through the mass Brexit.

• Like 3

34zyu55.jpg

• Like 4

earwolf is very savvy making all their new shows come before HH alphabetically so i notice them scrolling down to check the forum, cant wait for fake the nation as a HUGE ak47% fan

• Like 10

The Mike Lawrence episode wasn't that bad.

Not that bad? Tom Scharpling sure doesn't seem to agree.

(Disclaimer: the opinions of Tom Scharpling doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of gollstone incorporated)

• Like 4

fake the nation

As a John Dickerson fan, I take offense!

(Of "Face the Nation")

• Like 2

don't be a jerk, man. Mike is funny. Just has a different vibe than other guests

I don't know what was jerky about what I said. I just listened to it again because I was replaying the Gethard episode for the 50th time and the reference at the end when they lose it was wasted on me until this listen when it finally clicked who Mike Lawrence was (I guess he's got a presence on Comedy Central but I don't have TV so the name never sank in). You said it better, "a different vibe", but I think Gethard's reference (despite being really funny), the s&h warning prefacing the conversation (also really funny) and my memory of it were all unfair or at least inaccurate. I probably shouldn't have posted at all though it wasn't particularly insightful analysis i was just here reading when the episode ended cheers

• Like 3

I don't know what was jerky about what I said. I just listened to it again because I was replaying the Gethard episode for the 50th time and the reference at the end when they lose it was wasted on me until this listen when it finally clicked who Mike Lawrence was (I guess he's got a presence on Comedy Central but I don't have TV so the name never sank in). You said it better, "a different vibe", but I think Gethard's reference (despite being really funny), the s&h warning prefacing the conversation (also really funny) and my memory of it were all unfair or at least inaccurate. I probably shouldn't have posted at all though it wasn't particularly insightful analysis i was just here reading when the episode ended cheers

lmao

• Like 4

lmao

Not sure

• Like 1

popcorn gallery question:

why dont you kiss my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry everyone but im in a foul mood

• Like 1

hi america, britain. it's australia here. hi.

america: well done for not electing any good candidates in the primaries

englend: nice job on exiting the EU, it's going to work out great for you

australia will in turn re-elect our terrible prime minister again tomorrow. have a great year

oh, and canada, i know this is 2015 news but nice going voting in that french speaking guy. the only political belief i have is that quebec should stop being stubborn and learn english

Hi panda--fellow repeat listener--I don't mean to speak for Number 1 Cheeba Hawk, but I believe he was ironically quoting one of Sean's tweets, since you are one of the few people who didn't say anything negative about Mike Lawrence. Kind of like if I were to respond to your post with, "Wow, panda, you replied to what you thought was a personal insult politely and calmly, are you sure you know how to internet?"

• Like 6