🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

Episode 0 - Introducing... Fake The Nation!

A sneak peek of Negin Farsad’s new show “Fake the Nation,” coming to Earwolf on July 8th! Subscribe now and you won’t miss a thing. Take that, American political system!

Looking forward to it, but I wish it was out for the holiday weekend!

Unlistenable. If this is what passes for a new show on Earwolf, this network is in trouble. The pendulum is swinging back to the right because of how far it has been pushed to the left (I'm moderate and I encourage others to consider it so that the pendulum doesn't swing so hard), and this podcast preview is a shining example of how common sense doesn't exist anymore. It's now uncommon sense, a rare commodity, and I can only hope that people begin to see the hole we have all been digging. I listened to this from start to finish and as a huge fan of Earwolf I'm embarrassed to have it on my beloved site. I guess I just have to deal with it.

• Like 1

Unlistenable. If this is what passes for a new show on Earwolf, this network is in trouble. The pendulum is swinging back to the right because of how far it has been pushed to the left (I'm moderate and I encourage others to consider it so that the pendulum doesn't swing so hard), and this podcast preview is a shining example of how common sense doesn't exist anymore. It's now uncommon sense, a rare commodity, and I can only hope that people begin to see the hole we have all been digging. I listened to this from start to finish and as a huge fan of Earwolf I'm embarrassed to have it on my beloved site. I guess I just have to deal with it.

your micro-aggressions are triggering me. #safespace

• Like 1

I was in a shitty mood, a little bit drunk, and I perhaps jumped to conclusions too quickly after listening to this 2 minute preview. I'll reserve my judgement for the first episode, but much like a trailer for a movie, if this was meant to highlight some of the better parts of the show they failed pretty hard. Nothing was funny or clever and it seems like it's going to pander to the far left of the political spectrum which only serves to create more tension and more division. To be clear, I think the far right is just as crazy and divisive.

• Like 1

I was in a shitty mood, a little bit drunk, and I perhaps jumped to conclusions too quickly after listening to this 2 minute preview. I'll reserve my judgement for the first episode, but much like a trailer for a movie, if this was meant to highlight some of the better parts of the show they failed pretty hard. Nothing was funny or clever and it seems like it's going to pander to the far left of the political spectrum which only serves to create more tension and more division. To be clear, I think the far right is just as crazy and divisive.

"I listened to this from start to finish". It was 2 minutes? You got all of that out of a 2 minute clip? Whoa.

"I listened to this from start to finish". It was 2 minutes? You got all of that out of a 2 minute clip? Whoa.

But the pendulums, man! They're swinging! Coming atcha from all sides like a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows! Earwolf is going down!

Yep. Not hard to glean what the show is going to be like, but again I've decided to reserve my judgement for the actual episodes. My initial comment was presumptive and overly emotional.

But the pendulums, man! They're swinging! Coming atcha from all sides like a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows! Earwolf is going down!

The idea that pushing society so far in a certain direction causes it to swing back the other way is fairly common. You being dismissive about it and making it into a joke doesn't make it any less relevant or accurate. In terms of Earwolf going down, I certainly hope not because it's my favourite source for audio content and I love this site. That might help explain why I care so much about the bar being lowered.

Your inability to engage in any meaningful way says much more about you than you think. It appears you took a few minutes to create a meme when you could've used the same amount of time to explain how I'm wrong. This wants to be a political podcast and so the forum is a great place for open discussion of the issues they bring up, especially if the episodes only represent one side of the argument. I suppose the forum will also be a great place for people to post irrelevant pictures, so I'll join in on that too and even do you one better because this is a gif and I didn't even have to waste time creating it. The pendulums, maaaan!

Cat-pendulum_o_96796.gif

Just having a laugh, mate.

The nice thing about being on either side of a pendulum (cat) is being able to share humor.

Not much to engage with yet as the podcast isn't out, but I'm looking forward to spirited discussion. :)

• Like 2

Me too! Cheers. Comedy is a bond we can all share, although the far sides of the spectrum seem to disagree with that too. Hopefully pendulum cat will one day lose momentum and just become more like the "Hang In There" cat.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this