🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 432 - Dana Carvey's Micro-Impressions

I loved both Gottfried and Reiser on CBB this year, thought they were both excellent first time guests and fit in well with the show. Carvey was great as well

Now that I think about it the Reiser episode wasn't that bad, just remember the interview segment dragging a little. Gottfried I felt didn't fit in well at all, unlike Dana

• Like 1

God I wish there was a photo of the person from the studio there as it got dirtier and dirtier. Dana was wonderful. Just went full in.

• Like 2

"How many problematic things will the comedy legend say?" is my favourite CBB game

seconded

• Like 1

Everyone on this ep was hilarious! I hope somehow Little Dammit Man becomes a recurring character.

• Like 1

seconded

How about you two funboys start a new game right here in the forums, where you both define what problematic means to you and then list all of the things Dana said that triggered you?

Great episode! Little Button Puss didn't disappoint even with high expectations and Dana was a very good first-time guest. Glad to hear he's still got it and is interested in a podcast on Earwolf! Little Dammit Man was also a great first-time character and I definitely agree that him and Ho-Ho would be a hilarious pair.

Since Dana is taking suggestions, I'd love to hear him do Gary Oldman because I think he looks so much like him. To keep with the micro-impressions, maybe just him screaming "EVERYONE!!!"

• Like 5

I lost it when everyone in the room lost it at Dana's riff on "sucking and fucking"

loved this bit.

i was going to take the bus but maybe i'll just suck and fuck my way to work today.

• Like 2

Was really hoping for a "Talkin' Bout Turtle" ep during the tequila promo.

• Like 2

His repeated knocking of SeeSo made me cringe possibly more than the Chinese accent.

C+

• Like 5

just want to say that I fully support giving Little Damnit Man another shot

#ImWithDamnitMan

• Like 5

Amazing! Dana Carvey is one of my biggest comedy influences. Every impression I ever attempted was just an imitation of his impressions. I was raised on his SNL seasons. He didn't disappoint. He brought great energy and silliness that worked perfectly with Scott.

The Seeso jabs were hilarious to me, as two people involved in the network were in the same room with him. Man, it would be fantastic for Dana to start a show on Earwolf. I hope this happens.

Top ten ep for me, Wolfheads.

• Like 2

How about you two funboys start a new game right here in the forums, where you both define what problematic means to you and then list all of the things Dana said that triggered you?

If it is a young, hip, white alternative comedian (ex. Middleditch) it is considered satire since they are obviously "woke". If it is an older white "classic" comedian (ex. Carvey) then they are obviously disgusting human beings who are stuck in the dark ages. And Cyberthug has taught us that if you act too black on CBB no one will like you. Not sure what any of this means.

• Like 5

Oddbomb always fighting the good fight. "Funboys" haha

I loved hearing Scott's delight to hearing Dana riff.

Also Scott re: Pete Holmes YMIW "they cut stuff out of that?"

• Like 7

"Why are all my references from the 60s and 70s? Oh my goodness, I've jumped the shark."

Scott didn't react, but I appreciate what you did there Dana.

• Like 4

If it is a young, hip, white alternative comedian (ex. Middleditch) it is considered satire since they are obviously "woke". If it is an older white "classic" comedian (ex. Carvey) then they are obviously disgusting human beings who are stuck in the dark ages. And Cyberthug has taught us that if you act too black on CBB no one will like you. Not sure what any of this means.

If you consult the forums, I believe you'll find the opposite

You know what this episode was missing? Little Gary!

• Like 2

Well now I'm excited for the future Ho-Ho and Little Dammit Man ep

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me but for me I would have preferred Victoria Jackson as the guest.

#TeaParty4Life

#ObamaAntiChrist

#HeyChaChaOkBabe

• Like 5

If you consult the forums, I believe you'll find the opposite

The Cyberthug hate seems to sprout from those who have jumped on in the past couple years and retroactively listened, rather than those listening/commenting when it was released. Somewhere along the line the blackness started to make people uncomfortable.

Maybe it's just me but for me I would have preferred Victoria Jackson as the guest.

#TeaParty4Life

#ObamaAntiChrist

#HeyChaChaOkBabe

I thought Victoria was just pretending to be an idiot on SNL.

As someone who occasionally pretends to be black and asian on the internet, I personally wasn't offended.

• Like 1

"How many problematic things will the comedy legend say?" is my favourite CBB game

Wrong forum, this is the podcast where comedians say funny stuff. I think this is the one you were looking for, where unfunny people complain about imagined racism:

http://forum.earwolf...is-this-racist/

Glad I could help!

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but for me I remember seeing Dana Carvey do his "Choppin' Broccoli" bit on Turkey Television some 30 years ago, and his tenure at SNL was right in my adolescent wheelhouse in terms of comedy education (ie who I stole from to seem funny at school), so it's weird but true when I say that Dana Carvey was a revelation on this episode.

I think his comedy in general and his impressions in particular are perfect for podcasts. He was perfect as the guest in the first half and handled the other two characs so well that I had a hard time believing he'd never done CBB before. Scott sounded truly delighted the whole time.

No idea if he was sincere about being so far (intentionally) removed from the scene but MAN I hope Scotty and Earwolf can give this guy as many hours per week as he wants to fill with his impressions, comedy theory, character work, or whatever else a Dana Carvey podcast would include. Hell, he can make his kids co-hosts if he wants.

In summary, I thought this was a grepisode even though it had John G. instead of Jon G. More, please!

Little Dammit Man reminded me of Mookie Blaiklock's MJ. Those two characters together would be hilarious and so annoying!

• Like 2