🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Colfax McLiverneck

The Shining

Not sure if anyone would disagree with this. What is there to say about it, except for fawning praise?

Not sure if anyone would disagree with this. What is there to say about it, except for fawning praise?

I agree 100%, and this is one of my all time favourites.

Yeah, The Shining would surely get in on the name of Kubrick and its saturation of pop culture. Spartacus and Eyes Wide Shut are the only remaining (post-Killing) films of his that would be anywhere near the fence. Not that I would mind any of them being featured.

Unless someone better-versed in horror knows of a good versus pairing...?

The Shining vs Britney Spears' Crossroads. Both films scare the hell out of me and are boarderline surreal experiences.

• Like 1

The Shining vs Britney Spears' Crossroads. Both films scare the hell out of me and are boarderline surreal experiences.

I love the theme of The Shining: "I'm Not a Family Man, Not Yet an Axe Murderer."

Perfect perfect film!!

Maybe only place of contention would be Shelley Duvall's acting.

I know it's defended as much as it's hated- but her hysteria goes into overdrive for me- partly due to the behind the scenes bullying going on perhaps...

I'm down with THE SHINING. I know they've already done one Kubrick but I think this is actually his best film.

Sign in to follow this