🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
devincf

Episode 84: RE-ANIMATOR

289 members have voted

1. 1. Is RE-ANIMATOR Canon?

• Yes!
    • Call time of death on this one.

So if there's ever an episode to vote something OUT of the Canon this seems like it'll be back in the running AGAIN. Every podcast episode is just going to be voting in and kicking out RE-ANIMATOR.

"Welcome to episode 1,405 of THE CANON... today we'll be discussing if we vote RE-ANIMATOR back *IN* does this preclude us from inducting other Jeffrey Combs films such as THE FRIGHTENERS, HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL, and of course FEARDOTCOM."

In the Kiki's Delivery Service episode Devin said the movie was for a "guy who keeps a kitana in his trenchcoat and tips his fedora". Guess what other kind of movies that guy likes? If you guessed "80's gore flicks" take 10% off your next Lootcrate.com purchase...

So if there's ever an episode to vote something OUT of the Canon this seems like it'll be back in the running AGAIN. Every podcast episode is just going to be voting in and kicking out RE-ANIMATOR.

Agree, this feels like some 4Chan shit where they decide to all write in Hitler. It feels cheap. And worse because it makes a good film the bad guy. I also hate the argument that a Canon that includes films like Rocky Horror, Evil Dead 2, Battle Royale, The Thing, Cannibal Holocaust, Oldboy, and They Live is somehow biased against genre pictures.

• Like 1

This is most definitely a "genre-leaning" Canon, which is fine by me. If I wanted a retrospective of highbrow fare, there's countless places to do that. I might not like everything that makes it in (an understatement) but what draws me to this show is the idea of expanding my palate a little bit, and to give me fresh eyes when reviewing movies that I had seen before.

RE Cannibal Holocaust opening the floodgates- I'm not so sure... I'm sure on a personal level it allowed Devin to be more audacious with his choices, but as a film and as a choice- It's interesting enough to be discussed and allowed.

The indulgance picks should've been a versus - even though I dislike Pennies from Heaven, at least it is unlike anything else in the Canon, has high aspirations and isn't totally inept.

And yes, as soon as we have the chance, this garbage is getting taken out so quickly.

Man I can't believe how acidic people are about it.

I doubt it will matter, but at least have some faith that the people who voted it in really thought it was a great film, and weren't just jerking off into the voting booth.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this