🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 141 - Karen Kilgariff, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes demand that Intern Andy tell them how he lost all the donor shout-outs and then got lost himself. Then KAREN KILGARIFF joins the show to discuss her podcast "My Favorite Murder" and help administer a psychopath test for the boys and Engineer Cody.

• Like 16

ummm, not sure what to say, i usually dont get here this early

• Like 14

Speaking of murder, I hope everyone survived The Purge. I mostly stayed at home, and the only thing I've killed is time.

I also went to the newly-opened Jinya ramen noodle house. It's pretty good! There must be at least 5 ramen place in Austin by now.

• Like 12

A bunch of books just fell off my bookshelf and spelled out "Good Ep" on the floor. My future self may have screwed humanity by wasting my one message, but at least we know the ep is good!

• Like 21

My dreams have come true! Love every episode with Andy, even if he can't get most things right.

The episode can't come soon enough!

• Like 10

Super pumped for this episode

Andy placed high on Alan Magazine's"69 To Watch In 2016®" Of course, everyone was tied for 69th place in the interest of fairness.

----------------------

Edit:

Post listening thoughts:

• VERY fun show
  • Andy sounded like he smelled pretty good. I'm happy for him
  • Hayes 10/10
  • Sean 10/10
  • Cody 10/10
  • Karen 10/10
  • Andy 10/10
  • I was going to do marks out of 69 but I don't know where the line is anymore. Like Robin Thicke. Remember? Blurred Lines? The Song? The shitty song? Boobs? Gimmicks? Can't believe you don't remember.

• Like 21

I haven't heard the episode yet, but I send Andy all my thumbs ups, high fives, and rock n roll devil horns! And to Karen too, I'm sure she'll be awesome. Mr. Show is one of my favorite things ever

• Like 12

I'm going to listen to this episode before I decide if it's Andyriffic or Andytastic.

• Like 19

I'm going to listen to this episode before I decide if it's Andyriffic or Andytastic.

That's a sin. We all know it's Andytastic.

• Like 10

It's gonna be nice to take a few clicks, and listen to this aural delight from two very good boys and by the looks of it, some of their friends as well

• Like 10

have a kneis day ©

:)

Edited by SteveH
  • Like 19

really hope Hayes and Sean stay sexy and don't get murdered.

• Like 15

BDSM means Boners Derivative of Sacagawea Money is perhaps the funniest thing that's ever been said

• Like 13

so glad to have dem boyz back together forever. not so glad about the big unblended piece of kale I just ate in my smoovie. and how about KD, right???

• Like 4

I'm just waiting for the episode where they have the Lore guy on.

giphy.gif

• Like 11

I found this episode to be the psychopath of least resistance to laughs.

2hmJcmf.png?1

• Like 16

The boys are getting so good at native advertising. It's easy to catch the plugs for Casper Mattress and Blue Apron, but I didn't even know Intern Andy was just a character played by the mastermind behind the newest drink craze:

Uv7DeU0.jpg?1

HH still has the best ad reads in the business.

• Like 19

Just got off the horn with James Gunn and he said Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 2 is gonna be the following and that astute fans could discern who Star Lord's dad is from clues hidden within:

• Hollywood Handbook Ep. #141 - Karen Kilgariff, Our Close Friend
  • Hollywood Handbook Ep. #086 - Ross Mathews, Our Close Friend
  • Hollywood Handbook Ep. #064 - Listeners, Our Close Friends
  • Hollywood Handbook Ep. #062 - Jarrad Paul, Our Close Friend
  • Hollywood Handbook Ep. #055 - Lauren Lapkus, Our Close Friend
  • Hollywood Handbook Ep. #040 - Aubrey Plaza, Our Close Friend

• Like 15

Congrats to Sean on getting a free Casper mattress. Also, it sounds like he and Hayes share a bed?

While Kevin the new photographer was busy sitting behind people, I hacked into his computer and found this pic of Scott Anchorman doing the Howl ad read.

16h468n.jpg

• Like 13