🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139.5 - Minisode 139.5

I think we need to force Paul to take this test.

Actually I think we should all take it. It got me down exactly as North Texas. Fuckin' test.

I took it, I'm apparently a New Yorker.

Actually I think we should all take it. It got me down exactly as North Texas. Fuckin' test.

I had my doubts that it would be able to place me due to the fact I'm the son of two Canadians (I'm still one by birth) and having moved around so much as a kid, but it nailed me pretty well in the South to Central Florida area. I don't live there anymore, but it is the place I spent the most time growing up. I will say though, if you take all the other questions out, I'm pretty sure they could peg someone pretty easily with the "mountain lion, cougar, puma" question.

• Like 1

It highlighted three cities whose geographical center is Chicago, which is where I was born.

Yeah, I got Fort Worth, Irving, and Arlington for the three most similar cities.

• Like 2

Yeah, I got Fort Worth, Irving, and Arlington for the three most similar cities.

Ya can take the man out of DFW but ya can't take the DFW outta the man

• Like 2

I had my doubts that it would be able to place me due to the fact I'm the son of two Canadians (I'm still one by birth) and having moved around so much as a kid, but it nailed me pretty well in the South to Central Florida area. I don't live there anymore, but it is the place I spent the most time growing up. I will say though, if you take all the other questions out, I'm pretty sure they could peg someone pretty easily with the "mountain lion, cougar, puma" question.

I disagree with that. Cause at least in my town we call them cougars and apparently that's a Pacific Northwest thing?

I'd go with the "beer barn, brew thru, etc" question as the kicker.

• Like 1

I disagree with that. Cause at least in my town we call them cougars and apparently that's a Pacific Northwest thing?

I'd go with the "beer barn, brew thru, etc" question as the kicker.

Which question was that? What the fuck is a "beer barn" or "brew thru?"

Which question was that? What the fuck is a "beer barn" or "brew thru?"

Wait did you not get that question!? It asked what do you call a place where you can drive through and pick up alcohol! I've only actually seen 1 in my area but then it closed, but I've heard that Louisiana is rampant with these places.

• Like 2

Wait did you not get that question!? It asked what do you call a place where you can drive through and pick up alcohol! I've only actually seen 1 in my area but then it closed, but I've heard that Louisiana is rampant with these places.

There's one in Lewisville on FM 3040 at...I want to say Valley Pkwy (or at least there was when I lived up there). And there was one right on 35 as you come into Denton, which is where we used to get kegs when I would go party with my UNT friends.

And can we talk about the weirdest fucking question?

eUkMYMJ.png

What the shit?

• Like 4

I did not get that question...

I've seen them before, though. I call them "mistakes."

• Like 3

There's one in Lewisville on FM 3040 at...I want to say Valley Pkwy (or at least there was when I lived up there).

That's exactly the one I was thinking of and it shut down a while ago.

• Like 2

Hot.

No honestly I don't think they have a name cause I've seen that break style barriers.

Exactly! Like, I think there are worse things to worry about than a hair style.

I think the people who complain about a guy wearing a top knot/ "man bun" are bigger assholes than the guy wearing it, who honestly doesn't care and is just wearing what he feels like.

Sorry Jerry.

• Like 1

There's one in Lewisville on FM 3040 at...I want to say Valley Pkwy (or at least there was when I lived up there). And there was one right on 35 as you come into Denton, which is where we used to get kegs when I would go party with my UNT friends.

I was living in Lewisville, just recently moved to Denton. Can confirm, both places are still there.

edit: I think there was another one in a different spot, but still in Lewisville.

And can we talk about the weirdest fucking question?

eUkMYMJ.png

What the shit?

"The Devil beating his wife" isn't normal? I swear on my local beer barn that was what I was told it was when I was a kid.

• Like 2

I was living in Lewisville, just recently moved to Denton. Can confirm, both places are still there.

edit: I think there was another one in a different spot, but still in Lewisville.

This is what happens when I stop paying attention to Lewisville.

This is what happens when I stop paying attention to Lewisville.

I can't even be mad at that. I was only living there for the past 4 years. It's literally a "pass through" city and their high school's mascot are the "Fighting Farmers." If the apartments I lived in didn't have the train station (DART/ATrain) across the street, I probably would have been living in Carrollton... Again.

I can't even be mad at that. I was only living there for the past 4 years. It's literally a "pass through" city and their high school's mascot are the "Fighting Farmers." If the apartments I lived in didn't have the train station (DART/ATrain) across the street, I probably would have been living in Carrollton... Again.

I may or may not have been one of these Fightin' Farmers...

• Like 4

"The Devil beating his wife" isn't normal? I swear on my local beer barn that was what I was told it was when I was a kid.

Just wanted to say, this made me giggle quite hard :)

The fact there are people in this country that refer to a sunshower as "the Devil beating his wife," "the wolf is giving birth," or "a fox's/monkey's wedding" makes me feel real concerned for the upcoming election. Like, real concerned.

By the way, my wife's quiz was waaaaaaaay off. She's from up and down the east coast and they put her in California and Nev-add-a. She's never even been to that side of the country.

• Like 5

Mark explaining what the crab was supposed to be: "Crab was the embodiment of this whole idea of Einsteinian theory of relativity."

WAT.

• Like 3

THANKS EVERYONE FOR TUNING INTO THIS EPISODE OF TEXAS TALK W/ FISTER AND TAYLOR ANNE. WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS WEEK'S GUEST, AMY THE GORILLA.

• Like 7

THANKS EVERYONE FOR TUNING INTO THIS EPISODE OF TEXAS TALK W/ FISTER AND TAYLOR ANNE. WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS WEEK'S GUEST, AMY THE GORILLA.

Oh I thought the show was called Talkin' Texas.

There's a drive-through beer store called Party Barn near UT. It's been there for at least 20 years.

There are, I think, at least 5 ramen shops in Austin now. And recently a hawaiian poké/Korean restaurant also opened up. One of the biggest Asian supermarket chain, 99 Ranch Market, is going to set up shop in Austin. Looks like Austin is getting more and more cosmopolitan.

• Like 5

There are, I think, at least 5 ramen shops in Austin now.

Yeah, but Daruma and Tatsu-ya are the only good ones.

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can find this damn movie, I've looked online a bit but it's not streaming anywhere?

• Like 1

Mark explaining what the crab was supposed to be: "Crab was the embodiment of this whole idea of Einsteinian theory of relativity."

WAT.

I fail to see the problem...Are you suggesting the crab wasn't "the embodiment of this whole idea of Einsteinian theory of relativity" and that he may have been hoping to legitimize his silly little magical crab movie by associating it with a theory he obviously doesn't understand? I find that hard to believe. He's heard of Einstein, so he's obviously super smart and stuff...

Here's a little game for the forums. What are words or phrases that make you want to say "Fuuuuuck you!" when people use them because they are obviously only saying them because it makes that person feel like they are coming across as smart/deep.

For me, it's "extended metaphor." Which, I am sad and ashamed to admit, is a term I've used in my distant past.

Im-so-so-sorry.gif

• Like 2

Anyone know where I can find this damn movie, I've looked online a bit but it's not streaming anywhere?

You can rent it on iTunes. That's the best I can do for ya.

• Like 1