🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 247 - Marilyn Monroebot

Jon Gabrus, Nicole Parker, and Paul Rust join Matt Besser on this week's improv4humans for scenes about the dangers of animal trading cards, an urban survivalist, and the trials of a horny ghost. Plus, we'll get to know the new interns, and Matt gets a call from a long-lost relative.

Gabrus and Rust on the same ep is heaven

• Like 4

Nicole's freakin' hilarious! I hope she comes back to the show soon.

As for the location of Earwolf's hidden base, is it the address that Paul Scheer's been giving out during HDTGM's minisodes for where to send them gifts? Because he's been doing that for a while, and I don't know if Matt (or Scott, for that matter) is aware.

• Like 1

I would like to see Besser get a bit more creative when it comes to using/abusing the interns for our listening enjoyment.

Also the Facebook feed was cool, even with the few glitches that popped up. Thanks for trying that out.

• Like 1

Nicole Parker was great, I hope she returns often. Gabrus and Rust on fire as usual. Shame I couldn't see the stream live, but I really hope it sticks because video serves this podcast well. The quality of this podcast is at a point where I don't even want to listen while working/working out/gaming (like I use most podcasts) and instead just want to focus on the show. Video versions make that easier.

• Like 2

Did not disappoint, best ep of the year so far

• Like 2

When Paul mentioned those animal trading cards I knew exactly what he was talking about. Don't worry, no snake cards are shown in the commercial.

• Like 5

Do homeless people like computer graphics? Can someone explain that question?

• Like 1

Do homeless people like computer graphics? Can someone explain that question?

I'd be willing to bet Besser associates the term "self-employed graphic artist" with "aimless homeless drifter".

• Like 2

I'd be willing to bet Besser associates the term "self-employed graphic artist" with "aimless homeless drifter".

Makes sense! Thanks.

On the Joe Besser topic, Matt explained at the very beginning that Joe Besser and Matt's grandfather were first cousins. In relation to Matt, you just add 'removed' for every generation between he and Joe. Matt's father and Joe Besser are first cousins once removed. Matt and Joe are first cousins twice removed. it's even stated plain as day on Matt's wikipedia page, with a citation leading to an interview in which Matt says what he repeated on the show: Joe Besser was Matt's grandfather's cousin.

In Larry's letter that Matt reads before they get on the call, the letter states that Joe Besser was Larry's great uncle. That means that Larry is more directly blood-related to Joe Besser than Matt, because Larry's grandmother Henrietta was Joe's sister, whereas Matt's grandfather Herbert was Joe's first cousin. Matt's great grandfather Isidore was Joe's uncle.

Once Matt ands Larry talk this out, Larry misspeaks and calls Matt's and Joe's blood relation as being second cousins. They are actually first cousins twice removed.

I don't think Larry and Matt figure out their specific blood relation, but based on the tree established during the call, Henrietta and Herbert were first cousins (because their dads Morris and Isidore were brothers), therefore Matt's dad and Henrietta's child/Larry's parent are second cousins, so Larry and Matt are third cousins. Family tree branches spread wide when you get into cousin numbering.

TL;DR Joe and Matt are first cousins twice removed. Larry and Matt are third cousins.

• Like 2

Loved all the twists and turns with Doctor Debra, Nurse Allen, the snake-loving but snake-card-hating son, and Roger Clements.

Dirty ghost is also hilarious.

I want (challenge?) Besser to do an episode with Rust, Hanford, and Cordero, just to see how well he handles the chaos that is sure to rain down upon us all.

Did not disappoint, best ep of the year so far

Listening again to make sure, but I think you are right.

• Like 1

Great episode. Nicole was really funny, she gelled really well with everyone too! I wanted to say this about the live stream part of it though. I really love the i4h filmed episodes because I feel like it works the best with i4h than any other podcast. But I ended up just listening to this one on earwolf because of the stuttering, and because the audio quality was so bad. Honestly, I could have lived with the audio but the stuttering just killed the momentum of the scenes for me. But if the episodes were filmed like this one was, and then the quality audio was synced up with the video, I think that would be amazing. Just my 2¢

• Like 1

Listening again to make sure, but I think you are right.

Faces strong competition from all the green crew episodes though

• Like 2

Great ep!

Nicole was incredible as a first timer. Especially going up against Rust and Gabrus. Looking forward to her becoming one of the regulars.

• Like 1

Wanted to echo the others, Nicole was terrific and I hope to hear her improvise more often on I4H (and maybe other Earwolf shows).

Nice to hear Paul again, feel like it had been a long time since he was on. (Don't know if actually true.) He always twists scenes in such funny ways!

• Like 1

I can't believe no one made the

I also can't believe how much Nicole sounds like Matt's wife, Danielle. I kept forgetting it wasn't her, especially since Nicole was such a pro.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this