🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1 - Beyonce For Vice President (w/ Josh Zepps, Lizz Winstead)

Daily Show co-creator Lizz Winstead and Josh Zepps (We the People Live) join Negin Farsad for this inaugural episode of Fake the Nation. They talk about Hillary's ideal running mate (Beyonce, obvs), whether Microsoft's Clippy is anti-Semitic and, because Josh’s Australian accent is close enough to a British one, we talk a lil' Brexit. He pledges allegiance to the Queen!

Great first episode! While I felt there were some rough edges and maybe some of the comedy was too youth-oriented for my 44 year-old sensibilities, I really enjoyed it more than the first few minutes led me to expect. Josh was particularly hilarious - his interjection when one of the ladies said "I'll leave this to smarter people than myself," totally cracked me up. I'm not familiar with the host but I really enjoyed her contributions as well and she did a great job moderating, not being afraid to take control of the conversation to keep it on track (or get her word in) but still giving plenty of time to the guests so they can talk.

The best/worst/fantasy idea was pretty fun too.

As a fan of the Trumpcast and FiveThirtyEight elections, this is a much funnier way to hear some interesting takes on the politics of today.

• Like 1

Okay first ep. I don't have much to say -- I felt like this wasn't as funny or insightful as it needs to be. Most political shows go for comedy or analysis and it seems like this podcast is attempting to walk a line between. Based on this one episode, it felt a little too lightweight in both regards. I did enjoy the Brexit discussion, but you can find that everywhere. I guess what I ask myself when deciding to commit an hour each week to a new podcast is "what is this show doing that I'm not hearing elsewhere?"

I hope with time, this show finds its groove.

Sign in to follow this