🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 140 - Mannequin Two: On the Move (w/ Steve Agee)

has anyone seen the new ghostbusters ... is it any good?

i'm really hesitant to go see it cause i grew up a fan. i love those movies. even the second one. i still watch both of em every christmas .. have done since i was a kid ... i'm actually afraid to go see it cause i don't want to not like it.

as for the cast ... i love the cast. kate and leslie are two of my favs on the current SNL team. kristen and melissa are gold. i mean if you wanted to put together a new ghostbusters team i really dont see a better one out there.

i feel the same everytime they remake my fav old movies and the reboot thing is a problem for me too. i would have much preferred if they had, i dont know, had to buy the business of an old ray or if winston was leslie's characters uncle or something .. but that's just my love of the original talking. but, as i said, i have not seen it so these 2 cents aren't worth jack ..

this might be one of those movies where, if they can keep the same team together, the sequel will be better than the original. they'll have a chance to create a completely new story. they wont have to reference a movie from 30 years ago to try and keep old fans happy.

but i did just read that its struggling to get a release in china. thats huge. most of the big blockbuster movies these days need that market to make a quality profit. i love the reason why its not getting a release though. "who ya gonna call ... Super Power Dare-to-Die Team"

anyways, i would really like an honest review of it. its very difficult to find one where the reviewer doesn't give their opinion on all the crap thats going on around this movie and then review it based on which ever side of that crap the stand.

sidebar ... all the time i've been writing this i was thinking of gilly or melissa playing "guess that phrase"... one of my fav snl sketches of the last 10 years .. everytime i eat potatoes i say "pass ... the ... mash" .. and i'm from ireland so thats alot of hands in the air ..

And the best scene in mannequin two goes too..

291i5c8.jpg

The slow dance!

this magic moment taken with a iPhone and TV.

Thank you apple.

the funny part about that scene is that he's not short at all, he's playing her. if you watch that scene again he's just staying right where he wants to be.

• Like 2

Now. It's. Time. For.....WHERE DOES THE BUTT START?

We're gonna have a good time

celebrate some keysters,

'cuz you know you wonder

where does the butt start?

Let's wallow in the anatomies of some Barbies,

Perhaps we'll find the answer

if we are smart

Where Does the Butt Start?

Here's what I would like when I'm trying to have fun on a pop culture forum:

1. Not to see Maxim-esque pictures of women, especially very young women.

2. Not to see successful TV presenter/Oxford grad, or any woman really, being called a "sexy bitch".

3. For more men to call out sexism. It's tiring to fight sexism alone. And ineffective. Some men would only listen to other men.

Under Shannon's benevolent guidance, we tend to use a light hand when moderating the forums. Deletion is used sparingly, and bans even more so. As much as I would love to muzzle everyone who comes here to insult guests, bemoan the existence of new shows for not catering to their specific interests, or generally act like children, I often exercise more patience than I would prefer.

Aside: My motivation for being here is not to provide a "Free Speech Zone" in which assholes can ply their craft. I want this to be a community where people are nice (or at least civil) to each other and Earwolf hosts feel welcome to drop in, as Scott, Paul, PFT, and Lauren Lapkus occasionally have.

This is a very roundabout way of saying: all of the issues you called out have grated on my staunch feminist nerves but, because they fail to reach the nebulously defined bar of "unacceptable", I haven't had cause to delete them. I try to be proactive, but if you see anything that you feel crosses the line, please use the Report feature, as it gives me more ammunition/righteous indignation with which to act.

• Like 6

Oh didn't you see the one comment that said that was just pandering to role reversal movies?

Oops, I didn't see that, but I'm kind of glad I didn't. I don't think the new Ghostbusters counts as a role reversal movie anyway. Those are more like Vice Versa, Freaky Friday, 18 Again!, or Just One of the Guys.

People who write off the new Ghostbusters before they even see it will get the side eye from me. If your precious childhood was able to survive the TMNT reboot, then I think you'll be fine.

• Like 4

daT26SD.jpg

p.s. please don't turn this into a political or pro/anti-feminist debate, this forum is like my safe space from the rest of the internet.

This child is my everything

• Like 3

This episode went...everywhere. Wow.

I am really amazed this movie got made, and like Paul, I was angry when I saw it back in the early 90s. However, I'm amazed because the first Mannequin was just barely a 2 out of 5 stars film, so I was shocked it got a sequel. This movie... definitely 1 star.

Holy crap. Newt episodes have TONS of comments.

Anyway, when the show changed from an episode about M2 into a "now Google what underwear these dolls wear" sesh, I. Lost. My mind. You four are amazing. More Agee ALL THE TIME

I am not a graphic designer, obvious in the pic below, but here's a stab at a shirt or poster for the film. Is there a way to include the pic in this post if it's on imgur? This is above my skill level.

http://imgur.com/a/tm7GG

I am not a graphic designer, obvious in the pic below, but here's a stab at a shirt or poster for the film. Is there a way to include the pic in this post if it's on imgur? This is above my skill level.

http://imgur.com/a/tm7GG

Put [ img ] tags around the url address, like this:

[ img ] http://i.imgur.com/vegNQxc.jpg [ /img ] (without spaces between brackets)

Should look like

vegNQxc.jpg

• Like 1

Put [ img ] tags around the url address, like this:

[ img ] http://i.imgur.com/vegNQxc.jpg [ /img ] (without spaces between brackets)

Should look like

Thanks! I tried, but I failed. It wouldn't work, but I appreciate the assist. Even more, I appreciate the Cage Cat example. Nicely done.

• Like 1