🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
moldytoaster

It's Pat

Oh Ween, why get involved with such an atrocity?

This movie is so insane, I had to make an account just to recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtmddry2cg

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The entrie movie is posted free on youtube in parts.

Pat Riley, an obnoxious busybody of undeterminable sex, meets and falls in love with Chris, a sensitive, caring person also of undeterminable sex. Their relationship suffers because Pat's a lout, and cannot decide on a direction for its life. Meanwhile, Pat's neighbor Kyle falls further and further into obsession with Pat, fascinated by its indeterminate sexuality.

I haven't seen all SNL movies but I'd bet everything I own that this is the worst. Seriously, it's not even so bad it's good. It's just bizarre.

- The main character's so unlikeable I could barely sit through it

- Kathy Griffin plays herself

- Possibly offensive? Considering half the joke is that no one can tell what gender Pat (or Chris) is but I could be wrong

- The scoring is as obnoxious as the character

- It's an SNL sketch character movie. Unless we're talking about Wayne's World, Superstar or Blue's Brothers, it's not gonna work and this DEFINATELY did not work. On any level.

- With all that said, I watched it twice in one sitting.

I really hope they do this movie.

Are you saying that "Superstar" worked? I'd put "Night at the Roxbury" before "Superstar" any day!

To be fair, to be fair, I was a child when I saw those so...yeah, memory of those movies is probably brighter than they should be.

But I do hear people quoting Superstar quite a bit so I think people enjoyed that movie. Not so much Roxbury...

Okay I redact Roxbury but I'm sticking with Superstar.

At least now we now that Pat is a woman after Julia Sweeney mentioned it in an interview about how she took a feminine position when kissing Harvey Keitel in a sketch.

I actually hate that--I like not knowing because the joke is that no one else can tell. Letting the cat out of the bag sort of takes the joke away.

Edited to say I don't hate that you told me, just that Sweeney felt the need to announce one way or the other.

I actually hate that--I like not knowing because the joke is that no one else can tell. Letting the cat out of the bag sort of takes the joke away.

Edited to say I don't hate that you told me, just that Sweeney felt the need to announce one way or the other.

Sweeney didn't even realize she had made the mistake with the kiss. She had always thought of the character as female, but went to great lengths to make it ambiguous just messed up that one time. She then admitted it as the cat was out of the bag at that point.

So i noticed this was #1 on the fyi website now out of the 0%ers and it made me very excited and I have a great idea for a guest on this episode if it happens

As anyone who has seen the movie knows, the greatest American rock band of all time Ween makes a cameo and it is by far the highlight of the movie

I know for the live episodes you sometimes like getting guests who were in the movie and I think Mickey Melchiondo who is better known as Dean Ween would be a perfect guest for this show. If you do this live on the New York show he would probably be able to come since he lives nearby

It would be epic and would bring in lots of listeners from Ween's fanatic fanbase

Please take this under consideration

I'd rather not see Ween as guests. I think it's because I hate them, but I can't be sure.

A great get on this would be Quentin Tarantino. Yes, Quentin Tarantino was a writer on this (though uncredited - who can blame him). Or hell, why not just ask Julia Sweeney. She created a one-woman show based on the misfortunes that followed the release of this film.

I don't think i have ever watched more then a minutes of this movie. I looked this movie up on amazon and it said at the bottom, people who bought this movie also bought modeling glue..LOL kidding.

"I'd rather not see Ween as guests. I think it's because I hate them, but I can't be sure."

For shame...

That's just sad. Dean Ween fucking rocks! Aaron (he will no longer be recognized as Gene), ok he's a dickhole; but you gotta give Ween as a band props. But, I digress. This movie should get done, with or without the Deaner's presence.

It's so bizarre to see Charles Rocket have such a prominent role in 'It's Pat', considering his own notorious SNL history in the non-Lorne years.

"I'd rather not see Ween as guests. I think it's because I hate them, but I can't be sure."

For shame...

That's just sad. Dean Ween fucking rocks! Aaron (he will no longer be recognized as Gene), ok he's a dickhole; but you gotta give Ween as a band props. But, I digress. This movie should get done, with or without the Deaner's presence.

Sweet avatar

Sign in to follow this