🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 142 - The Great Debates, Our Close Friends

So, does the real episode come out today?

the frack does this mean?

• Like 7

To the gentleman who referred to Engineer Sam's Brewers cap as "trying too hard":

First of all, my apologies for not being able to tell which white guy you were when you were talking. Your voices happen to sound quite similar, and since I'm used to listening to Hollywood Handbook, which features two white guys with really different voices that are easily distinguished from each other, it was a bit challenging for me.

Anyway, the question at hand is why Engineer Sam would choose to wear a cap featuring the retro Brewers logo. The answer to that is so obvious that it renders the initial question unspeakably absurd. He is wearing a retro Brewers cap because the classic "glove and ball" Brewers logo (used from 1978 to 1993) is THE BEST GODDAMN SPORTS LOGO TO EVER EXIST. Think of how old you were when you first realized that the glove and ball formed an "m" and a "b." Think of how long it took you to see this. Think about how clever that is, and how much you loved it even before then due to its use of classic primary colors and simple silhouette.

Did you know that the retro Brewers logo was designed by an undergraduate at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire? It was chosen from over 2,000 designs, many of which came from professional graphic designers. While this fact may seem insignificant, deeper analysis proves revealing. The Milwaukee Brewers' ball-and-glove logo speaks to the team's commitment to quality over hype, a value strongly tied to the city of Milwaukee's working class atmosphere.

The team's current logo, while a significant improvement over the abysmal '90s design, can't reach the heights of the original "barrel man" design; it certainly can't compete with the classic ball-and-glove design.

Let's not forget that it was with this classic logo that the Brewers made it to the World Series in 1982. It's no wonder that Sam would prefer to wear the logo of this astoundingly talented team (Molitor! Vuckovich! Fingers! YOUNT!!) rather than, um, the current team.

Ultimately, the question should be why we are not all wearing the classic Milwaukee Brewers logo on our bodies every day. Please rescind your unwarranted comments regarding Engineer Sam's choice of headwear, sir.

6187.gif

• Like 24

Picture this: a sick Pokemon Go screenshot of a Metapod with something Hollywood Handbook in the background (an iPod? my laptop?) and I post a classic noho zinger like "Check out this dope Metapod...... oh yeah and here's a pokemon too"

I've recently seen my downstairs neighbor outside more in the last week than in the two years he's lived there. I just realized yesterday it's because he's playing Pokemon Go.

With your permission I'd like to tweak this a little bit and have some fun with him. "Hey pizza face! Still looking for that Metapod?! Why don't you check in your iTunes under Hollywood Handbook, dummy."

He's gonna feel so roasted, I can't wait. Anyway, at least it's getting the kids outside and finding dead bodies again, amirite

• Like 12

I've recently seen my downstairs neighbor outside more in the last week than in the two years he's lived there. I just realized yesterday it's because he's playing Pokemon Go.

With your permission I'd like to tweak this a little bit and have some fun with him. "Hey pizza face! Still looking for that Metapod?! Why don't you check in your iTunes under Hollywood Handbook, dummy."

He's gonna feel so roasted, I can't wait. Anyway, at least it's getting the kids outside and finding dead bodies again, amirite

Speakin of video games, I've heard of Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!, but Rose_Cream's Punch Up!! !?

• Like 12

I tried to make a Hartford Whalers-based response to ranran but the forum swatted away the images I tried to attach and I'm at work so I can't rehost them, so please google the logo and mascot of the hartford whalers for me and just look at how they're very nice and good to look at. A whale could absolutely beat the shit out of a barrel man like it's not even a big deal so it's no question who wins this one to me.

• Like 11

Explain please. I get the joke, but some of the other forumers are having trouble understanding it.

• Like 14

Y'see, there's Pikachu, a Pokemon. And his head was replaced by the head of famed Chicago Bear and World Championship Wrestling alum Steve "Mongo" McMichael. Thus, we have "Pokemongo" which is a play on Pokemon Go, the popular game.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 15

the following is 100% true.

i'm still not entirely sure what pokeman is/are. i know there are a bunch of characters but i don't know how their universe manifests. by context i have some theories however which i will share with you now.

1. a cartoon

2. a video game.

3. a series of playing cards. i think i remember a child who was not mine gave me a card once with what may have been a pokeman on it. but now that i think about it it may have had a thing i remember was called batz maru on it, which also is a thing that i still don't know what it is.

4. a mass hallucination projected into our brains by aliens.

5. the animated representations of members of a band a'la gorillaz.

6. garbage for garbage people and their garbage babies.

7. a marketing campaign designed to get people to wear as many conflicting patterns and color schemes as possible.

8. an enterprising pedophile or sociopath's clever way of luring children into the woods or traffic.

if feel like it could be any or all of these things but i'm certain i'm just too old to really understand.

oh this episode was great and i didn't know who these guys were either but after listening i'm certain they are funny people.

BUT, you listen to me judge apatow, if you think that guy or any other guy was better or is better than sean clemdawg clements at being funny THEN YOU ARE ALL FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD BRO.

okay bye.

• Like 9

Paul F. Tompkins makes everything better

I used to think so as well and tried to spice up my sex life by bringing PFT into bed. He's great at a lot of things, but everyone has their limits.

• Like 13

FYI, any "jokes" regarding Hayes' high-knee will be flagged as vulgar.

did someone say hiney...

hiney.jpg

• Like 15

This episode has PFT, sharks, and Jurassic Park. It is heavenly.

- I've always wondered why not many people find sharks cute even though they often look like they are smiling. PFT had the answer. The sharks aren't "smizing". I guess it's hard to anthropomorphize sharks since their eyes are all black? I think the eyes are cute though, like a cartoon.

2mnixir.jpg

Incidentally, PFT was the guest on the Deep Blue Sea episode of HDTGM. The other movie mentioned in the Harry's ad-read was Devil's Advocate. HDTGM also did that movie, with HH's close friend Julie Klausner as guest. Both episodes are hilarious.

- "We got robots with bombs out there now."

"Bomb bots."

- The boys and The Great Debates were talking about how Jake Johnson and Sean are similar in age but Johnson is much more successful than Sean. Then Sean said in a small quavering voice, "I just need a little time." That was like an arrow through my heart. Yes Sean. Some of us just need a little time. One day you will go from making $30000 a year to owning a BMW, a Porsche, a monster truck, a house, and 30 companies.

• Like 6

To the gentleman who referred to Engineer Sam's Brewers cap as "trying too hard":

First of all, my apologies for not being able to tell which white guy you were when you were talking. Your voices happen to sound quite similar, and since I'm used to listening to Hollywood Handbook, which features two white guys with really different voices that are easily distinguished from each other, it was a bit challenging for me.

Anyway, the question at hand is why Engineer Sam would choose to wear a cap featuring the retro Brewers logo. The answer to that is so obvious that it renders the initial question unspeakably absurd. He is wearing a retro Brewers cap because the classic "glove and ball" Brewers logo (used from 1978 to 1993) is THE BEST GODDAMN SPORTS LOGO TO EVER EXIST. Think of how old you were when you first realized that the glove and ball formed an "m" and a "b." Think of how long it took you to see this. Think about how clever that is, and how much you loved it even before then due to its use of classic primary colors and simple silhouette.

Did you know that the retro Brewers logo was designed by an undergraduate at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire? It was chosen from over 2,000 designs, many of which came from professional graphic designers. While this fact may seem insignificant, deeper analysis proves revealing. The Milwaukee Brewers' ball-and-glove logo speaks to the team's commitment to quality over hype, a value strongly tied to the city of Milwaukee's working class atmosphere.

The team's current logo, while a significant improvement over the abysmal '90s design, can't reach the heights of the original "barrel man" design; it certainly can't compete with the classic ball-and-glove design.

Let's not forget that it was with this classic logo that the Brewers made it to the World Series in 1982. It's no wonder that Sam would prefer to wear the logo of this astoundingly talented team (Molitor! Vuckovich! Fingers! YOUNT!!) rather than, um, the current team.

Ultimately, the question should be why we are not all wearing the classic Milwaukee Brewers logo on our bodies every day. Please rescind your unwarranted comments regarding Engineer Sam's choice of headwear, sir.

6187.gif

God bless you

• Like 24

back in my day MB stood for Mother Brain, the sentient brain monster from Metroid.

• Like 5

For me it was Milton Bradley. I played a lot of Don't Break The Ice as a kid

• Like 6

I'm OK guys. I was on vacation. Little behind on podcasts this week. Will provide my thoughts upon completion of ep

• Like 13

I listened to this podcast on a flight from Los Angeles to Boston. It had me laughing as I safely flew 40,000 feet above the vast wasteland known as flyover country.

• Like 14

Hello everyone, how's it going. The name is Jackal, (formerly known as Jakal/Jakman) you may know me from such timeless posts like,

I really hope YouTube doesn't give me egg-dildo related videos now.

and

hmm

If you didn't know me, well then it's nice to meet you, the pleasure is all mine. Now that we've been properly acquainted you may be wondering what I'm doing here. Well it so happens that I have an important message for you, and I hope you're ready to hear it, when you are please scroll down the page.

i REALLY LIKED THIS EPISODE, AND I HOPE YOU DID TOO. K. LYL. BYE

• Like 20

I used to think so as well and tried to spice up my sex life by bringing PFT into bed. He's great at a lot of things, but everyone has their limits.

I don't think you tried the right PFT, 'cause it's right there in his name. In fact the real PFT comes from a long line of Fuck Machines.

• Like 3

╱╱┏╮

╱╱┃┃

▉━╯┗━╮

▉┈┈┈┈┃

▉╮┈┈┈┃

╱╰━━━╯

• Like 5

I don't think you tried the right PFT, 'cause it's right there in his name. In fact the real PFT comes from a long line of Fuck Machines.

Thanks to skizelo's question for episode 5's popcorn gallery, we get to know this tragic part of PFT's family history. His grandfather was a fuck machinist who died of fuck lung when a Pinkerton detective clubbed him to death.

• Like 2

I'm OK guys. I was on vacation. Little behind on podcasts this week. Will provide my thoughts upon completion of ep

It was good

• Like 8